ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX-5 Project Thread

Listerine & Poledo
Didn't realise it was the clip on the hard top that was the problem, it may cost more to fix than to replace, if you get it done well anyway.

Enkei's work well on MX-5's, but don't demand that you adjust suspension to make it look like the chassis is about to fold in half

Before you start trying to "improve" the car, drive it first, chassis strengethening > slammed 'n' stanced y0!

Edition 30
That first picture Turkish posted is awesome.

So much so I have it as on my iPad lock screen.

Yep. Looks purposeful, like it's set up for go rather than show. Really like it.

I will be going down that route mate. Not into the whole scraping scene.

Didn't realise it was the clip on the hard top that was the problem, it may cost more to fix than to replace, if you get it done well anyway.

Enkei's work well on MX-5's, but don't demand that you adjust suspension to make it look like the chassis is about to fold in half

Before you start trying to "improve" the car, drive it first, chassis strengethening > slammed 'n' stanced y0!

Yeah, I will try and get the right balance with the suspension.

The roof clip might be solved!

Speak to seb (sofaboy on here) about turbo'ing if you're interested. I believe he's ordered his ECU for it which is the most expensive bit of the conversion.

Edition 30
Speak to seb (sofaboy on here) about turbo'ing if you're interested. I believe he's ordered his ECU for it which is the most expensive bit of the conversion.

Spoke to him about the HSD's last week. Will mention it to him and keep my one on his thread.

I'd look up the proper MazdaSpeed set-up if you can find them.

It may not leave you scraping your bumpers on the floor when you drive, but it was developed to actually help handling.
A couple of places worth looking at

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/

http://www.performance5.com/

That P5 website is really good. £550 seems a good price for the set up.

Listerine & Poledo
P5 used to bring in all the Flyin Miata kit, it may still be the same, wither way, they'll see you reet

If you're after RPF1s these are what you want. Made by Konig in collaboration with Enkei so not some fake tat! As close to a "wide" RPF1 you'll ever get.

Needed no arch rolling etc on mine and they happen to be for sale ;)

DSC04974.jpg

DSC04976.png

Edition 30
Coxy you thread crasher!

Where did you get them from? Can't find any RPF1's that fit the bill.

Love some of the Konig wheels.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate, i'll keep an eye on this, definitely have a look at Seb's for inspiration. I'm a big fan of his, without the blue wheels obviously whatever they were.

Neeeeeeeeds to be cleaned!

Listerine & Poledo
@Gally - Alternatively, just get all your wheels pointing on the p*ss and whack some "deep-dish" rims that even a Countach wouldn't justify.

Oh, and dont forget the Mr. Plow splitter

EDIT-
@Tow B - Gloss black? Silver might look better

Last edited:
  Edition 30
Alternatively, just get all your wheels pointing on the p*ss and whack some "deep-dish" rims that even a Countach wouldn't justify.

Oh, and dont forget the Mr. Plow splitter

You know I won't.

Edit:

This will be her new home after she comes back on Friday!

IMG_0244.jpg

Big clearout tomorrow!

Listerine & Poledo
I hope you wont, totally.

If this starts to look like the "other" MX-5 project thread then I reserve the right to... I dunno, not like?

;)

Listerine & Poledo
They are nice, not sure if they'd be my choice, but they're 400% better than the standard-issue 14's

I prefer the Enkei's they put on the mk2.5 Icon which, after much inner-thought, has become my MX-5 of choice.... with air con

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol! Broken suspension ftw!

Just needs some work. You got some spare cash to mess around with it or just a few bits at a time ready for the better weather.

I'd have detailed it for free. ;)

Edition 30
Flol! Broken suspension ftw!

Just needs some work. You got some spare cash to mess around with it or just a few bits at a time ready for the better weather.

I'd have detailed it for free. ;)

Got some to put into it. Not masses.

Wheels and Suspension first.

You coming to me? £50 and some Peroni?

Listerine & Poledo
Chassis bracing will be a better first spend if you're after handling improvements matey...

...well, unless the suspension on the car is totally knackered

Edition 30
Chassis bracing will be a better first spend if you're after handling improvements matey...

...well, unless the suspension on the car is totally knackered

Its not the best. I'm not spending any money yet though. Research > Impulse.

Even though this was an impulse buy itself!

Last edited:
lol sorry for the thread crash! :rasp:

It's my old Mk2, sold it a while ago now. I still have the wheels hence saying they're for sale ;) They're 15x8 so plenty of dish but not a stupid offset so fit under the arches ok and don't mean you ruin the car.

Some more inspiration for you (note theyre the chrome lip)

JorgeLopez2.jpg

JorgeLopez.jpg

Edition 30
Slight bit of progress. Not with the car.

Gone from this
IMG_0244.jpg

To this...

IMG_0257.jpg

This will be her home for a few months. Until my finances and everything is sorted.

First cheap mod get a 6x12 JDM front plate on it along with the relocation bracket. Uk plates look pap on them IMO.