ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX-5 Project Thread

JDM front plates make such a difference! I managed to find a website where you could get a BS mark on any sized plate, but I've completely forgotten what it was ffs! I'll try find it out...

6096434584_9fc7721858_z.jpg

Number Plate by j0eyD, on Flickr

Edition 30
That looks smart!

Im gonna put my private plate on it at some point do plates may have to wait, but I will take all of this into consideration.

Thanks Joey.

Edition 30
Okay, got her back this morning. Nothing un toward apart from a small leak from somewhere in the power steering.

First thing is to do the wipers and the mirrors. I literally have no idea where to get some new mirrors from!?

The search begins...

172, Focus
this thread makes me miss my old mx5

DSC01253.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC01251.jpg

Enjoy, they are a great car!

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

Had to put a new engine in mine thanks to whoever did the cam belt in the past :mad:

Listerine & Poledo
EH? Easier?

The shift in a 5 should be slick and precise, if you're having troubles either you have fists made entirely of pork chops or the car needs some fettling.

short shifter is much more in keeping with the car.

well, in my opinion, of course.

Edition 30
EH? Easier?

The shift in a 5 should be slick and precise, if you're having troubles either you have fists made entirely of pork chops or the car needs some fettling.

short shifter is much more in keeping with the car.

well, in my opinion, of course.

I do quite enjoy the short shift.

1st to 2nd is a little niggly sometimes. Just can't help thinking a little bit more length would help me out a bit (pun intended).

Listerine & Poledo
nah, seriously I can't say 'no' to long shifters in MX-5's enough. Again, only opinion

check your linkages for the niggle, a bit of fettling it'll be reet. Using more arm action to force the matter may only make things worse.

Edition 30
I love the short shifters in these!

nah, seriously I can't say 'no' to long shifters in MX-5's enough. Again, only opinion

check your linkages for the niggle, a bit of fettling it'll be reet. Using more arm action to force the matter may only make things worse.

Next time I'm not going to say anything and just buy it!

I've just been out to the car and I suppose it isn't too bad. May leave that one on hold for a while.

Got to order some wing mirrors soon but don't wanna pay full whack. Ebay is my friend.

Listerine & Poledo
Failing that, most stealers will have at least half a dozen mk.1's in for breaking.

If you want to see how wrong a big shifter looks, look for the Mr. Plow MK.1 on here with snapped suspenion that everyone keeps beating themselves off about. It's got a s3x-toy shifter and just looks r****d

Edition 30
Failing that, most stealers will have at least half a dozen mk.1's in for breaking.

If you want to see how wrong a big shifter looks, look for the Mr. Plow MK.1 on here with snapped suspenion that everyone keeps beating themselves off about. It's got a s3x-toy shifter and just looks r****d

I have seen it. Obviously my choice is slightly nicer...

I guess I'll get used to it!

Listerine & Poledo
Benefit of the doubt is given.

Still, a stainless ball shifter would be my preference... but, well, you know thes rest well anough by now.

Listerine & Poledo
Just brace that chassis sir, it'll give the car a much better platform to work from. ;)

I see plenty of Mk.1 types spendin hundred on wel sik coiliez n giffin it stance (y0!). I guess they put show quite considerably above go, but they're wasting at least 50% of their outlay by not tackling one easy, yet significant mod.

Edition 30
Okay, so the Clio is off the road for a few months. Time to start driving this thing.

Need to get insurance sorted and the tax is due at the end of the month.

Hope I can get it all sorted quickly!

Edition 30
Things ordered/to be ordered/to be done today:

2 x 18" Aero Wiper Blades - Ordered
Remove front number plate - To do
Front number plate bracket - Awaits PM from JoeyD where he got his from.
Front speakers - Must PM Goodj (will order these today).
Wing mirrors need sorting today, will inspect them to see if they can be fixed or if I have to buy 2 new.

Other bits - Swap ashtray for either phone holder or cup holder (current ashtray has piece missing and a bit split).

Take front lights out and clean behind the lens, moisture getting in.

De-spoiler to see if I like it or not?!

Also needs 1 new Tyre on the front. (this will be budget!).

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Things ordered/to be ordered/to be done today:

2 x 18" Aero Wiper Blades - Ordered
Remove front number plate - To do
Front number plate bracket - Awaits PM from JoeyD where he got his from.
Front speakers - Must PM Goodj (will order these today).
Wing mirrors need sorting today, will inspect them to see if they can be fixed or if I have to buy 2 new.

Other bits - Swap ashtray for either phone holder or cup holder (current ashtray has piece missing and a bit split).

Take front lights out and clean behind the lens, moisture getting in.

De-spoiler to see if I like it or not?!

Also needs 1 new Tyre on the front. (this will be budget!).

Nice little list. Why bother with budget when something fairly decent like a T1R can be purchased for sub £40?

Edition 30
Because I'm steeling it off my old 15" dynamique alloys. Still got 3 at work.

Take the best one off there and swap it straight over ;)

Edition 30
Car is now in Joe's hands.

Oh well short but very sweet. Will 100% own another car of this type one day.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Glad it's gone to Joey mate, look forward to seeing what he goes with it.

Out of interest, how come you kept the Clio over it mate?