ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mx5 build thread

Adz

Work van
just a little bit of an update, the progress has been stupidly slow because of my clio breaking and stuff which doesnt help when you are trying to sell it .... god dam french car :mad: plus i was hoping on joining the army in the new year as a Royal electrical and mechanical engineers but twisted my leg so thats on hold lol anyway my clutch needs replacing asap so im going to be getting a exedy stage 1 which should be miles better than the current clutch, once the clio is sold hopefully i will be ticking off quite alot of items off my shopping list which currently looks like this:-

Cambelt kit
Clutch
hardtop
new exhaust - not sure on what one to get, maybe a boso style exhaust
roll bar, if not full cage
new seats
tyres for wheels
sort some of the body work out
new stearing wheel - Nardi steering wheel with snap-off boss
induction kit
new wheel nuts
under seal
strut brace
turbo?
skid pan
new number plates
poly bush everything
project g side skirts
project g hardtop spoiler
Diamond Racing Wheels F: 13×9 (-13) R: 13×10 (-29)
aero wiper blades
braided brake line
uprated brakes and pads
welded diff
ssr mk2 or mk3 not sure on the size and spec i would like

Adz

Work van
right finally and worth while update, ive had quite alot of deliveries over the past week
woohoo.gif

DSCF0575.jpg

DSCF0573.jpg

DSCF0565.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

ive fallen in love with the garage vary rear light setup ..so this has been added to the shopping list

6511972453_5919dd1f73_b.jpg

hopefully when i get some time off over christmas i will be fitting everything and buying more things ....watch this space!

Adz

Work van
Ive been quite busy over the last couple of night and this is the result

374243_10150644845918222_751603221_12339217_1819040287_n.jpg

Geting the front shocks off was quite hard as my garage is tiny but in the end i won, now the new front shocks are on :D all the bolt were seized which made the over all job horrible. So i will be replacing them with nice new ones, i need to roll the front arches a little more as it catching but fitment is perfect and i havent even added any camber yet. going to attack the rear shocks tomorrow not looking forward to it but im over the moon with the front, just hope i dont have and problems with the rear drive shaft hitting the coilover unit. Im also on the hunt for a hard top as my plastic rear window has split and now i have a gapping whole for a rear window lol

Adz

Work van
thanks guys :D well i got the rears fitted and well it very low, the fitment once again is spot on with out any camber but i would like a little bit. Only problem i had was getting the tyres inflated on the wheels using the bike tyre method

i just found this clip on youtube to help explain/show what i mean, It has worked so far just cant seem to do the last wheel and its really annoying me
wallbash.gif
but i shall take some more pictures in the morning to show how good the fitment is
wave2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Adz

Work van
thanks guys :eek:

still having real trouble getting this last tyre on, ive tried hair spray method and bike tyre still no luck any suggestions?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
pop to a tyre place that does lorry tyres and try with there bead blaster if thats what there called

forces a load of air at once at high pressure and pops most tyres on the bead in one or two goes

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I took my tyres that had stretch to a normal tyre place and they put 55 psi in it and popped over ok!

Car looks fantastic btw :approve:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
thanks guys :eek:

still having real trouble getting this last tyre on, ive tried hair spray method and bike tyre still no luck any suggestions?

When I did the ones on my van, I put a bit of fairy liquid around the bead of the tyre where it meets the rim. The first tyre I just used normal tyre soap and we struggled for half an hour. The last three I did I used Fairy liquid and they fcuked on with no bother.

Adz

Work van
pop to a tyre place that does lorry tyres and try with there bead blaster if thats what there called

forces a load of air at once at high pressure and pops most tyres on the bead in one or two goes

ive taken it to one place and they couldnt seem to do it :mad: lol im going to try another place tomorrow morning, fingers crossed it works :hail:

Adz

Work van
spent today finishing her off still need to clean her up tomorrow, im very happy with how its sitting ..c&c welcome :approve:

DSCF1335.jpg

DSCF1336.jpg

DSCF1337.jpg

DSCF1338.jpg

DSCF1339.jpg

DSCF1340.jpg

DSCF1341.jpg

DSCF1342.jpg

DSCF1343.jpg

Vectra
the clio should sell , its one of the best ones on here imo!

what other plans you got for the mx5 anyways?

Adz

Work van
You've ruined the handling, blah blah blah.

Knock it down 10mm or so.

haha well at the moment i have as it sitting on ebay specials ta technixs which are truly shocking lol sell the clio new suspension for the mx

what would you recommend? im looking at hsd but im unsure lol

the clio should sell , its one of the best ones on here imo!

what other plans you got for the mx5 anyways?

thanks buddy, for me foxy non sport was the best!

loads i want to make this as mint as i can :approve: then move on to an s13 or something like that

VX220
crying out for a splitter! I might be able to help you out as i might be taking my GV lip off after this weekend

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That rear arch looks like it's been nibbled by a goat. Looks great other than that.

Adz

Work van
sadly im going to have to rasie the car a little got stuck on speedbumps :( and the ride is soo hard its unreal... so in true top gear fashion ive made my car awful hopefuly the hsd will sort the ride out.