ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mx5 build thread

Adz

Work van
I think it was yours I saw today at Japfest, epic mate.

thanks buddy she looked alright really need the paint doing though the sun showed up all her imperfections lol

Just leave it black then, PLEASE!!!

i think im just going to keep it black with the respray as it looks great and will make it alot easier to sell in an oem colour ;)

Adz

Work van
few pictures from japfest so far :eek: didnt take any though all the good photography was down to my friends!

the 3 hours we queue was a killer :dead:

JapFest_2012_2.jpg

JapFest_2012_1.jpg

bad4644c.jpg

718471f7.jpg

5b655f7e.jpg

68da7f0e.jpg

96de0052.jpg

Some from the show, hated the stupid metal ramps they put in ... no need for them at all lol

JapFest_2012_15.jpg

JapFest_2012_13.jpg

JapFest_2012_16.jpg

385685_10151699893540556_540520555_24128719_546679277_n.jpg

and some on the way home after a stupidly long day in the car.

560592_10151699897525556_482811286_n.jpg

540474_10151699895830556_540520555_24128742_1849707221_n.jpg

Last edited:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Good pics! That queue was ONLY an hour and a half long at 9/10ish... :(
I've got a couple of yours I will put up tomorrow dude.

Edition 30
If I wasn't going on holiday for 2 weeks in Ibiza, I'd take you up on that.

Loving this now. Proper serious motor.

Suzuki Jimny
Looks nice, but you can't exactly go hooning down some A/B roads, which is what the MX-5 is all about.

Adz

Work van
Looks nice, but you can't exactly go hooning down some A/B roads, which is what the MX-5 is all about.

if you have cheap coilovers you would be right but as im running hsd my car is more than capable of hooning around a/b roads which is what i was doing for a little bit before i hit the massive traffic jam into japfest lol

Adz

Work van
yours looks the best out of all the mx5s then the red one.

epic car mate

yeah thats my friends, its soon nice and in mint condition plus he is running 300bhp on his turbo set up :eek:
will post a link to his build thread for all of you!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Looks stunning, top work.

This a 1.8 yeah? What's the engine like? Lively?

Looking into a mk1 this summer.

yeah thats my friends, its soon nice and in mint condition plus he is running 300bhp on his turbo set up :eek:
will post a link to his build thread for all of you!

I had a quick look at it on clubroadster - some awesome parts on it!
REALLY want a BRG 5 with the XXR 527's he had on his before the BBS's, but in gold. Mmmmmmm :eek:

I wonder what it would look like with black door handles and hard-top latches...

Looked really clean before the skirts and spoiler, now it's more purposeful. And the rear end looks slightly wider with those small lower arch extensions! Very nicely done

Adz

Work van
:eek: i saw this during the day and had to look twice to make sure haha!

thanks for all the good comments means a lot :D

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Love it Adz.

Where did you get your rails for your brides?

I have 2 bride seats sitting in my house with covers on collecting dust and want to put them in my MX5 too.

Yours is eerily similar to mine except mine is red =)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Pictures look great, never thought of the Garage on Maylands as a good spot for photos. Might have to pop up there one evening :D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Saw this at DC, how did you sneek in your cheeeekkyyyy devil! Looks great. Rollhard guys are pretty good lads n'all!

e92 330i
Amazing, really good read. Also saw fb feature and thought i reckonized (sp) this.

How do you get around hemel that low? Roads are terrible there!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Adz where is the Steering wheel from? I need this to go with Alcantara gaiters..