ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mx5 build thread

Listerine & Poledo
This is a genuine question, and a bit of a "noob" one.

But when you're running so low, with the wheels tucked in at the front, do you have limited steering lock? From the Chris Love Photography image, it looks like you'll be hitting your arches before you get 1 full turn of the wheel.

For Daniel - Don't forget, when the suspension compresses it increase negative camber (on cars with proper suspension), so it opens up some clearance as the wheel comes closer to the arch.

Looks cracking for paint now dude.

Adz

Work van
Its saddens me sad to do this but the car will be up for sale in the coming months, if your interested please pm

225992_10151195344140516_44906570_n.jpg

spec list:-

uk spec 1997 1.8 classic edition 53,000
full respray in oem black
hard top
hsd coilovers
xxr 002 15x9 et0
tyres 195/45/15 toyo tr1
import rear bumper
flocked dash
flocked speedo
import rear number plate panel
oem package r front lip
oem package r rear lip
front clear indicators
black side lights
drift work wheel nuts
nardi steering wheel
nrg gen 3 quick release
nrg boss
alpine head unit
project-g g-wing or roof spoiler
project-g side fusers or skirts and rear flares
kg works boot lid spoiler
hard dog roll bar
bride gias seat driver only

Listerine & Poledo
You've not even had it a year!

you've done £££££ of work, and all the effort.

WTF!?!?

But I do know a guy who's looking to replace his OEM Mk.1, I'll ask what he thinks, he likes the kind of look you've done

bad times fella

Adz

Work van
You've not even had it a year!

you've done £££££ of work, and all the effort.

WTF!?!?

But I do know a guy who's looking to replace his OEM Mk.1, I'll ask what he thinks, he likes the kind of look you've done

bad times fella

i know just fallen out of love with it and need something i can use every day as this only really gets used for shows which is sad :(

Adz

Work van
Please break it instead. Or keep it and add a turbo :)

if she doesnt sell i will end up breaking her but thats really the last thing i want to do ....... this is the man reason for me selling her up as the next spet would be engine out, turbo and while it was out tuck the bay and soo on and for a car the only gets used now and then its just a silly money pit, i wouldnt mind so much he i used her all the time:dapprove:

im on the look out for a standard ek plan to do a full rebuild, something like this

v2hf0023_zps15235c31.jpg

You've gotta be mad to break that! OK I can understand that you'll probably make more money but it'd be a shame as the car is amazing.

Adz

Work van
You've gotta be mad to break that! OK I can understand that you'll probably make more money but it'd be a shame as the car is amazing.

It's the last last thing i want to do and tbh if she doesnt sell ill probably buy a daily finish her and enjoy next summer then move on to the ek ;)

Adz

Work van
How much will you want?

would be after 6k that will all the oem wheels, seats, susspension ect.....

i will probably break this so please pm about part's and i will let you know on prices and what's what's ;) no dibs on anything and ill wack up a price list soon

Adz

Work van
uk spec 19971.8 classic edition 53,000 full respray in oem black £3,200

hsd coilovers £650 not even done 1,000 miles yet

xxr 002 15x9 et0 with toyo tr1 tyres 195/45/15 £500, tyre like brand

flocked dash £30

flocked speedo £30

oem package r front lip £80

oem package r rear lip £100

black side lights £55

new drift work wheel nuts £25

old dirft work wheel nuts £15

nrg short boss mx5 fitment £70

project-g g-wing or roof spoiler £250

project-g side fusers (side skirt and rear flare, only a few set in the uk andyou cannot import these anymore) £500

kg works boot lid spoiler (needs a little cleaning up) £70

hard dog roll bar £500

rare hks super dragger rebuid back box £150

Adz

Work van
that looks properly good. how come you took off the larger front splitter?

thanks dude, it was getting caught up on everything and me wanting to go lower it just wasnt going to work out. I love my oem lip makes it look cleaner :)

Adz

Work van
got some new wheels just need bigger lips now :D the car is currently in winter mode so please ignore how crap she looks :(

FD1E942C-279E-41FF-BDBF-6169F058ABCA-5968-0000036818A8C902.jpg

739F1E76-07F2-45C7-ADB3-1DEA1465004F-5968-00000368142E360A.jpg

Adz

Work van
this is my friends mx5 and my wheel setup will be the same 15x9 et0 :) so i need to get my self 3" lips :eek:

medium20size20players6_0_zpsc4568099.gif

this is also running a 300bhp turbo setup :eek:

Adz

Work van
Hard dog half cage is currently for sale £450 Ono been painted in ford panther black and comes with all the nuts & bolts plus full original fitting instruction please pm with any questions

Hey Adz,

very impressive.. your thread.. Its really cool so see how the mx5 can change.. I have one too for 10 years now. I haven't done much on the outside until now but I've done very much work inside.. If you know K.I.T.T (Knight Rider) you know how my miata looks inside :)
Now I going to do the outside.. I've finally bought a set of XXR002 15x8 0 offset and now I'm trying to figure out how the fit them? Did you have to roll the fenders or pull them out? Where did you do this? Did you do it yourself or do you have a good mechanic for such things? Or if you didn't have to pull/roll them how did they fit in? Also you are re-painting your car quite often.. Do you have someone who is not so expensive for this? I'm asking you because I will be moving from germany to the UK soon and I thought maybe we could exchange some ideas/experiences about the MX5 and there are always new ideas .. Well I think you know this story ;)
Well, I would be happy to hear from you..

Many Greetings !