ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 Number 2.

Angle grind the whole wheel off?!

I kind of want to sell them! I know I'll only get £40ish, but it's better than nout!

Smash a socket over it. Like really f**king brutalise it. Get one that is tight as f**k and sledge hammer it on. It'll crush the sleeve.

Hmmm, tempting! It's obviously not very hard if the holes have just rounded. Could be onto a winner with that...

Or weld a nut on it...

How? (It's in a tight hole)

It's a s**t wheel made of alloy he will be able to get to it :)

It's way too tight for that! Might as well cut the wheel off if I was going to do that! lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
How thick is the collar on the nut? If it's as thick as normal you'll probably struggle to crush it, the socket will probably break too.

Not very, I don't think.
The nuts seem to be very old too - I imagine they wouldn't need much force to get the collar off.. it's just getting in there to do it; there's literally no space!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Ah, didn't realise it was sleeved, as Rob said smash a socket over it, 16/17mm impact should do it.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
If the socket doesn't get the collar crushed on chisel and a drill should get it off, you'll just be there a while. It's only and old wheel so you can butcher it :)

You can get a blue point set of extended reverse sockets. Smash them on and then it will come out.

If you come to my work Ill get them off for free. Its a 30 mile drive though (Hellifield).

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Joey your car is mental.

Off topic do you need to have a Flickr pro account to post those pictures like that? Do you resize before uploading to flickr.

I use Flickr but don't post pictures with the little tags. I use copy image location and then past in the img box. Retarded I know. Rob says resizing the pics then uoploading them make the pictures s**t. :( Help me!

Really like the bumper chop, nice work.

Thanks Luke! I think it's a Must, especially considering it's a free mod!

Passenger ride at CSS. Technically you owe me one ;)

Haha, Okay then! You can drive it if you like.. I know you'll instantly want it back! :rasp:

Joey your car is mental.

Off topic do you need to have a Flickr pro account to post those pictures like that? Do you resize before uploading to flickr.

I use Flickr but don't post pictures with the little tags. I use copy image location and then past in the img box. Retarded I know. Rob says resizing the pics then uoploading them make the pictures s**t. :( Help me!

Thanks Gally!

Ahhh, you don't want to mess around with doing all that! I just have a regular account - from your Photostream, click on the picture you want to post, then to the top left of the picture there is a bar labeled "Actions", Mailbox logo, Facebook logo, Twitter logo, "Share" in that order. Click on "Share" Choose the size you want to post, make sure you have "BB code" ticked instead of HTML, then just copy everything in the box and post it on CS!
It's a much shorter process than I have described, but I'm thorough! :eek:

Back OT, just had another run in with the RAC... Left my lights on like a bell end and the battery was well and truly dead. Anyway, I asked if he'd kindly have a go at getting that wheel nut off. 5 minutes with an air gun and still no joy :( It's really f**king on there! He said with a bigger air gun it should move, so that's positive anyway...
Also asked if I'd had it resprayed recently which made me lol! It's so red!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The share button doesn't drop a box down it just goes blue. :(

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It's better not linking them anyway. f**king hate it on tapatalk when they're linked and it fires up flickr.

It's just less hassle to post them..

If you can't do it that way, just click on "View all sizes" choose the size and copy Image URL. Paste it in

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's better not linking them anyway. f**king hate it on tapatalk when they're linked and it fires up flickr.

Agreed it utter balls but i'm ruining the quality somehow!

Joey do you upload proper 3000x4000 to flickr?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's just less hassle to post them..

If you can't do it that way, just click on "View all sizes" choose the size and copy Image URL. Paste it in brakets like usual![/QUOTE]

But I like odd sizes like 650x530 etc... they give crap sizes. That's what i've been doing!

These arrived today:

7611065210_8e6b6ac654_z.jpg

Subframe/sidemount by j0eyD, on Flickr

Nice quality and finish, seem fairly low... look fiddly to fit!
And they f**king are! Due to my collection of seat bolts (allen key fitment) There wasn't enough room either side of the seat when trying to fit it in the car. So attach the seat to the frames outside the car? No problem... until you come to fasten the seat and frames to the car! There's no room between the seat and the frame for a ratchet, and no room behind the seat to fit your arm! Awesome.
Perseverance paid off, and Pow! They're in.

7611061920_43618195f8_z.jpg

Boom. by j0eyD, on Flickr

7611063382_5fb6f99345_z.jpg

Seat Height by j0eyD, on Flickr

Seating position still isn't quite perfect for me... I'd still like to be an inch or two lower, but there's literally no room to go any lower without buying a different seat. Also they sit you slightly too far forward, but it's nothing terrible. It's actually quite similar to the OEM seat position - just a bit more upright, which I imagine will do my back some good!

Much happier with it now than when I used the OMP sidemounts though, and I'd thoroughly recommend the seat frames. They're just a ball ache to fit depending on the bolts you use to attach the seat!

Oh, I got some nice smelling Cali scents too. I was tiring of it smelling musty and old..

7611060408_fbbdb7a810_z.jpg

Cali Scents by j0eyD, on Flickr

Mmmmm.

You'll f**king need one! I ended up sat on the parcel shelf behind the passenger seat reaching down to turn the bolt. Would have been sooooo much easier with the roof off!

Might as well pop this in, since they're what caused my battery to go flat! Very surprised there's no buzzer to remind you you've left your lights on...

7611343100_9e6510f369_z.jpg

USDM Sidelights by j0eyD, on Flickr

Last edited:
I don't have access to a powered drill at home :(
A good strong air gun will get it off I reckon, It almost came off when the RAC guy tried - it's just on reeeaaally tight!

I know! F**king numpty. That's twice I've had to fetch the RAC out for trivial things with this car now. Never ever had to use them before! Maybe its cursed...

Not sure, its been a while since I sat in Chris' car. It's the cherry one. Smells like Cherry Soothers. F**king awesome!

Homo spec mazda
I kinda really like your USDM lights :( Well done Joeyd

I still havent seen this thing yet but i cant tell you how pointless those cali scents are in an mx5, they last like a day.

BG 182
liking the progress. cant believe the wheel nut still isnt off, surely any garage with an air gun/drill could do it?

you would prob get £5 an alloy at the scrap man, regardless of damaged caused and if the tyres are good £5-10 each from a part worn place?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I know! F**king numpty. That's twice I've had to fetch the RAC out for trivial things with this car now. Never ever had to use them before! Maybe its cursed...

Not sure, its been a while since I sat in Chris' car. It's the cherry one. Smells like Cherry Soothers. F**king awesome!

The first time I ever drove after passing my test, I picked my mates up and went for petrol without noticing I left the lights on. So in the time it took to fill up and pay, the battery died lol. My parents had to come bump start it haha.

I gotta get me one of those! Iirc his smells a bit like aniseed/marzipan