ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 Number 2.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Pissed myself at the video you uploaded to flickr mate. LOUD!

Tried putting several bits of tape over the microphone, but it still can't capture teh noizzeeee. So you just get a s**t load of my left arm and very distorted noise :(

[video=vimeo;47614193]https://vimeo.com/47614193[/video]

Also, that's only taking it to about 3K, after that it goes proper bats**t mental and this was in the middle of the day... I didn't fancy the disapproving looks :eek:
Shame it doesn't pick up the echo that you get off f**king everything! It's hilarious.

Never even considered eBay Jon, good call! Might get a massive pack full of disposables for pussy 'ole passengers... lol

Directly behind my fart cannon is the best possible place to be!
Ooo err.

Oh, Rhys/Joe/Jon - up for a KK's tonight? See Seb's new b00st wagon? (again lol)

Never even considered eBay Jon, good call! Might get a massive pack full of disposables for pussy 'ole passengers... lol

Directly behind my fart cannon is the best possible place to be!
Ooo err.

Oh, Rhys/Joe/Jon - up for a KK's tonight? See Seb's new b00st wagon? (again lol)

I might come over, I've gotta go TC to get some stuff anyway.

I'm busy tonight mate. Otherwise I would come :(

Awww okay! 1 out of three isn't bad I guess!

Just been out to wash my car and had an Australian guy who lived in my apartment block come up to talk to me... "So what have you done to your engine?" I thought Oh god, here we go...

Turns out he loved it! Thought it was genuinely made of win. Was into cars himself and had an Alfa back home apparently. Massive relief, thought I was going to have to apologise for the noise already! :eek:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I have ear plugs spare as well in nifty little platic cases for each pair if you need any :p

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Awww okay! 1 out of three isn't bad I guess!

Just been out to wash my car and had an Australian guy who lived in my apartment block come up to talk to me... "So what have you done to your engine?" I thought Oh god, here we go...

Turns out he loved it! Thought it was genuinely made of win. Was into cars himself and had an Alfa back home apparently. Massive relief, thought I was going to have to apologise for the noise already! :eek:
Haha, that sounds epic!

People by me give me 'the look' and mine isn't that loud at all really. I guess they'll love the yozza ;)

I have ear plugs spare as well in nifty little platic cases for each pair if you need any :p

Haha, I'll let you know! Going to try disposables first, see if they're any good!

Haha, that sounds epic!

People by me give me 'the look' and mine isn't that loud at all really. I guess they'll love the yozza ;)

It's really quite hilarious! Literally EVERYONE s**ts themselves if I even go near the throttle :eek:
You need to hear it in person for the full raspy effect!

Wee little update, I fitted a PH1 airbox with an ITG filter today. I've had it lying around for ages and originally intended it to go on the 306... but hey.
No idea what it sounds like, I can only assume it's quiet! :eek:

7845540064_b7b3465b2d.jpg

PH1 Airbox with ITG by j0eyD, on Flickr

7845537784_c6ff73d712.jpg

PH1 Airbox with ITG by j0eyD, on Flickr

7845536114_e492c06e4b.jpg

DIY hose by j0eyD, on Flickr

Just had a proper journey with it fitted... sounds a bit more aggressive, if that's possible! The 4K kick it's now developed is much more obvious too - would definitely like to see a power graph with just the exhaust and air box fitted!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I was going to go with the drilling airbox but might bung my 205gti one on I have spare after seeing this ;)

btw you're right about those seat rails total ballache! well especially on furthest back they go!

I was going to go with the drilling airbox but might bung my 205gti one on I have spare after seeing this ;)

btw you're right about those seat rails total ballache! well especially on furthest back they go!

I did think about that too, but tbh I doubt it would make all that much difference! I can definitely feel a good kick with the "exhaust" and this now, it's like nothing until about 4K, then all hell breaks loose and it actually does a decent job of pushing you back into your seat (even if it's only 1st & second gear :eek: )

Mental, aren't they! The bolts I used for attaching the seats were allen key fitment, but there's no way in hell I'd be able to fit an allen key in between the sidemount and the centre console/transmission tunnel! Mentally tight.

pikey as f**k :rasp: love it.

you coming to this R&S meet next week? i want to see this :)

Heh heh, plastic welding FTW!
Not sure on next weeks meet, I'll see whether or not I'm in Manchester as I might be going back home for a couple of days...

Homo spec mazda
This thing is starting to gain an odd personality, but a personality it is... Even if its slightly my old cars personality.

This thing is starting to gain an odd personality, but a personality it is... Even if its slightly my old cars personality.

LOL! Not sure if that's due to future plans, or because it's just a complete rig-up... Still unsure where I want to go with it. So many different ideas etc.

Wish you weren't so far away, would be good to get a group of 5s down at The Unit :(

Same here - would love access to a unit to get some s**t done... although if that was the case I'd be in grave danger of you talking some 'sense' into me ;)
You should visit one of our NW meets... more MX5's than Clios! Serious.