ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 16v Dynamique (Im New)

Hey Guys ,

Ive Recently just bought a renault clio and wanted some ideas for some changes on it .
Im not going to pretend i know alot about cars beacuse i dont , i just love them ,
I want to get some new wheels and to lower it , any other suggestions would be great :)

Thanks Guys .

Klio.jpg

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Hi Kieran welcome to Clio Sport ,

I also have a 1.2 16v Dynamic in Black

Good Mods

RS Grill
Lowered
Upgrade the headlight bulbs - H7 Osrams Nightbreakers for a whiter look
Spray Badges
Carbon effect dash trim
Colour Code bump strips

Looking forward to your thread buddy!

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Yeah Ebay , Demontweeks , K-TEC.. shop around and buy what you suits you.

If you sign up and become a member you can also view what other cliosport members are selling , and there are quite a few bargins! Also gives you lots of access to other tops such as guides on how to do bits , like spraying bump strips yourself ect.

clio 5door sport rep
some 182 or 172 alloys would be nice and wouldnt cost alot.... then lower it about 40mm on springs..... will look tidy. first mod has to be a rs grill...... :) welcome to cs

Sounds Good ive been looking at those alloys & the Turbines i think there called , Would look nice .
Definately Lowering it , I tried searching for the RS grill but cant find it anywhere :|

clio 5door sport rep
that is the rs grill..... you may be able to get one cheaper off someone on here but youll need to sign up for the membership to access that page.... as for the springs. i actually run fk springs on my clio... i have a 40mm drop. i thinkt they are good for the money. and have had no issue with mine since theyve been fitted. passed a mot and everything with them on and had no issues. i paid bout 60 quid for mine also. :) heres some pics of mine if u want to see how it would sit.... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?607620-Five-door-replica-)

clio 5door sport rep
if your talking about mine... then cheers haha :cool:

best 12 quid you can start with is buying the membership..... will help you loads with ideas. plus ul get a cool cliosport.net sticker ;-) and strange bottle opener/keyring invention

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Yeah mines pretty much standard apart from the back box but im to afraid i'll get eggs thrown at me for posting it up!

313282_10150465140626900_730701899_10858747_1583.jpg

381674_10150465238996900_730701899_10859177_3639.jpg
381136_10150488109636900_730701899_10933178_1971.jpg

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
This is the exhaust , i like it however it sticks a little to far out to be honest , everyones entitled to their opinion!

381801_10150536620606900_730701899_11092070_9909.jpg

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Thanks,

Im looking to get some Turini's,OZ F1's or Pro Race 1.2's however it'll proberly take a while considering im really picky.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Welcome. I personally think the RS grille on non RS models looks pants, unless you use the lower RS 'waffle' grille as well.

Wheels and a slight drop will look good. Maybe look out for some 172 alloys. Look better without being obviously taken from a higher spec model. All IMO of course.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys , much appreciated :)

Harpham ive been looking for a picture like that for ages , thanks for uploading it .
Wheels look really nice dude

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Welcome. I personally think the RS grille on non RS models looks pants, unless you use the lower RS 'waffle' grille as well.

Wheels and a slight drop will look good. Maybe look out for some 172 alloys. Look better without being obviously taken from a higher spec model. All IMO of course.

To fit the 172 alloys and the 182 cup alloys do you need spacers for a 1.2 ?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
nope, no need for spacers fitting 172/182 wheels

have a nice long browse through the non-sport appreciation thread and get some inspiriation from there,
just dont go for anything too chavy like so many people do!!

also, try and get hold of the ebay rokkor/raceland coilovers!! they cheap and you can have you car sitting exactly the height you want it!!
just make sure you get the right fit as i think the non-sport ones are becoming a little hard to come by nowdays!! lol

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome dude :)

As knuckles has mentioned check out the non-sport thread there's lot's of little things you can do to make a big difference.

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

Just purchased the membership :)

Thanks Guys , some nice looking clios there , Will check those pages out .

Much appreciate the replies .

Update -

Ive Decided To Keep my Clio as Standard Until Feb/March

By that time i will have been driving 4 Years , So im going to Upgrade 1.6 Clio or Sport Depending on Insurance (1.2 is too slow lol)
But thanks for the suggestions guys , I will take them on board for when i upgrade because im still a newbie :)

Thanks

TT QS
It was a custom made system, by Longlife Exhausts. Far too loud though LOL. That was back in my 'chav' days. ;)

loud isnt a problem at the moment. im only 21 its now or never for me haha

and cheers my car will be treated in the new year just not sure how i want it