ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 16v Dynamique

MK3 GTI golf 16v
really wouldnt bother with the decat on a 1.2 mate, just gonna cause a pain in the ass at MOT time. nice car though ;)

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
really wouldnt bother with the decat on a 1.2 mate, just gonna cause a pain in the ass at MOT time. nice car though ;)

Yeah that's what I was thinking, just wondered if its easy to switch over come MOT? And thank you :approve:

MK3 GTI golf 16v
um well it depends to be honest, when i had a look i couldn't find anywhere that made a de-cat for the 1.2/ so you'd have to have one made which would probably mean it would need welding on as apposed to clamping together. so my guess would be no lol.

if your 1.2 is like mine its loud enough anyway lol

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
um well it depends to be honest, when i had a look i couldn't find anywhere that made a de-cat for the 1.2/ so you'd have to have one made which would probably mean it would need welding on as apposed to clamping together. so my guess would be no lol.

if your 1.2 is like mine its loud enough anyway lol

Yeah, I did however see the video of a guy bashing the ceramics out his standard cat and that worked a treat. I could get a spare for like dirt cheap and smash the s**t out of it? lol.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
yeah that is another option that i also looked at doing when a had a magnex system on the car. e mail loads of breakers about parts, i was finding they want about £60 or so give or take condition. would be much easier to swap aswell mate if you did that ;)

i just got fed up and put a cherry bomb on the car ....... lol

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
yeah that is another option that i also looked at doing when a had a magnex system on the car. e mail loads of breakers about parts, i was finding they want about £60 or so give or take condition. would be much easier to swap aswell mate if you did that ;)

i just got fed up and put a cherry bomb on the car ....... lol

Not going to lie, this option is rather tempting, I just don't know how easy it will be to swap?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
On a completely new note, I have a full Cliosport interior hopefully coming to me at the end of the month, keep and eye on this thread and i'll keep it updated with info :)

Clio 172 2.0 16v
On a completely new note, I have a full Cliosport interior hopefully coming to me at the end of the month, keep and eye on this thread and i'll keep it updated with info :)
b**ch, I want one as well ! I was also considering a Momo team 300mm steering wheel too, what you reckon ?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
b**ch, I want one as well ! I was also considering a Momo team 300mm steering wheel too, what you reckon ?

haha, Mate of mine is stripping his Clio for track so offered me the interior on the cheap, everything except front door cards ;)

Im not a major fan of changing the steering wheel, id rather have an airbag tbh.

Clio 172 2.0 16v
Haha. Ahhh right, nice one that mate. I will have a better look around for one when I get the monies. Neither am I, because I too would like an airbag, but the standard wheel is mahooosive.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Haha. Ahhh right, nice one that mate. I will have a better look around for one when I get the monies. Neither am I, because I too would like an airbag, but the standard wheel is mahooosive.

I was looking for an Sport interior but couldn't find one cheap enough as being a student im on limited funds, but this one has come up cheap so though I might aswell take it whilst I can. Haven't seen it yet, hopefully its in good nick.
Im not overly fussed about the size of the wheels, its never something that's really bothered me about my Clio tbh.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Quick update for today, getting my Clio sport interior today, so will get some pics up onces it's all fitted and looking sexy. Also got some 15mm spacers that I want to put on the front as the 25mm are so big and cause my arches to rub sometimes. Also going to order some wind deflectors this week hopefully. Anyway here are some pics for you to gander at whilst I get to work!

008.jpg

011.jpg

SN851965.jpg

SN851964.jpg

SN851963.jpg

Octavia VRS LE
coming along nicely, hows the decat idea? i just had my 1.2 decatted sounds tiny tbh, my friend cut my cat open took all the inside out and welded the cat back up, so no surprise tbh, he said give it a month and it may start to sound better, but if not weld a pipe somewhere to make it sound better lol. all a pain in the arse tbh, :p so i would recommend against it tbh mate. when you fitting your sport interior?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Thank you. Ive scrapped the decat idea tbh. Do you have an exhaust system though? Ive got the Ktec stealth so it might sound better with that? Was hoping to get it all fitted today but my mate was meant to be giving me a hand and has pulled out last minute, so may have to wait until tomorrow now :(

Octavia VRS LE
yeah i have a ktec stealth too, i love the way it pops thou, but just does sound tiny at times!!! hopefully itl get sorted thou. i couldnt wait to get my sport seats in either, i bought them on a friday night, sunday morning then they were in. was very excited to say the least.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
arh okay, get a video up mate, would be interesting to hear.

Yeah, I can't wait, ive stripped all the back out ready, just need a hand with the front seats as Im not confident doing them myself lol

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Interior all fitted, nice and easy :) Very pleased with it. only problem I have is the service & airbag light are on due to the wires being different so I cant fit them? Excuse the s**t pics. Front doors cards coming soon to.

1-4.jpg

6-2.jpg

5-3.jpg

4-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Thank you mate. Im not sure, it would be my next port of call, but I don't know whether to do it myself or get it done properly, as Im not sure how much it would cost at a bodyshop.

Octavia VRS LE
ask someone on here im sure they will have a rough idea, i think someone actually does spraying in the traders section, but im not 100% sure

e92 330i
Just seen this mate, looks nice. Did you remember to Take the spacers out when you changed the seats? They do look nice! Manage to do it on your own?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Just seen this mate, looks nice. Did you remember to Take the spacers out when you changed the seats? They do look nice! Manage to do it on your own?

I took them out when I did the passenger side only to find that my socket kit wouldnt reach as without the spacers the bolt was longer and meant I couldnt tighten it up :( Yeah, was going to have a hand, but got impatient and did the whole lot myself :approve:

e92 330i
Looks great in the flesh, get that rear down!

I especially like your induction set up, did you say you got the idea from gardeners world?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Looks spot on in the pics but in the metal it could come down, and maybe the front.

Lol @ Bill and Ben.

Strange because it hasn't be touched since the pics. I think its because we had it near yours, so mine looks higher. May have to pop the back down and have a looky.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
when you put the sports seats in the front did the airbag light come on after you had put them in ?

Yes mate, they did. I simply purchased two 3.4 ohm resistors and put them in the unused plugs. Taped it all up nice and tight and no more light ;)

so will the airbags still deploy and will that pass a MOT ? cause ive been looking at a sports interior but the airbags the only thing putting me off

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
so will the airbags still deploy and will that pass a MOT ? cause ive been looking at a sports interior but the airbags the only thing putting me off

The side airbags on the seats won't go off no, but it will pass and MOT.