ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.4 litre toy

Renault Clio 1.4
Just need some help/advise...firstly, does anyone know where the coolant temperature sensor and the idle control valve are located.
Also what lowering springs do you guys recommend, i've heard good things about eibach sportlines? i need ones that will not make the ride bone shakingly bad as my main journeys include a lot of rural roads. Also how much did your springs put your insurance up by?

Renault Clio 1.4
Just a small update, took these photos a while ago, hence the bumpers are still black...

Got these alloys off a mate for free, not sure what to think of them...

DSC01874.jpg

DSC01876.jpg

DSC01880.jpg

Just slightly worried about this...Will spacers make any difference, because on full lock you can literally JUST get an index finger between tyre and arch

DSC01884.jpg

DSC01885.jpg

So do i stay well clear of 17's or is there a solution?

cheers

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Get 14/15s and use coilovers...

I could sell you some valver wheels with centre caps as well as some clear side repeaters ;)

53 Clio's & counting
wheels are puke-worthy - get them on ebay and get some 15's - will look,ride and handle much better

Renault Clio 1.4
Another small update...nd you'll be pleased to know i've binned the 17's and re-employed the standard dynamique 15's, Unfortunately plans haven't gone the way i wished, co-op won't let me mke any modifations so i can't have aftermarket alloys (i am looking for some 172's though) nor can i lower it which i'm gutted about.

DSC02247.jpg

I've carbon wrapped my front and rear badges and gave it a good clean and polish...aswell as a colour coded spoiler.

DSC02258.jpg

Apology's for the poor quality pitures

DSC02252.jpg

Also bought an alpine head unit and 200watt alpine door speakers, planning on getting sub soon

DSC02253.jpg

DSC02257.jpg

Carbon wrapped dash inserts too

Could do with some advice as to what to do next...anyway i can make it look lower other than getting 172 16's?

Thinking about getting clear side repeaters and wind deflecters next, and am spraying the wheels anthracite next week

any advice or critisim appreciated...just want to keep it nice and clean

Inferno 182
Sorry for being picky but them side repeaters stick out like a sore thumb! Need to get clear or smoked ones :)

Grande 1.2
Yeah get some clear indicators, makes a big difference even though its just small, and it needs lowwering man! id look at some 172 wheels in 16" or 15" in silver too mate. good job on the colour coding! looks well

Inferno 182
Yeah very simple! Not sure on clios as mine already came clear so haven't bothered trying, but they're just clipped in so you can either try use your hands, or you can wrap a cloth round a flat head screw driver then try wedge it out :)

Renault Clio 1.4
I know mate, would love to get it on some lows but insurance says otherwise, might just wait a year until i've got 1 years ncb and change insurers, but in the meantime, definately gunna look at getting some 16 inch 172's and clear repeaters

Grande 1.2
sounds like a good plan mate. why dont you just lower it on springs until you can afford insurance..

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
I know mate, would love to get it on some lows but insurance says otherwise, might just wait a year until i've got 1 years ncb and change insurers, but in the meantime, definately gunna look at getting some 16 inch 172's and clear repeaters

I got a quote from CO-OP They said, we cannot provide you with a quote because:

Customised sound system

I was like WTF how will that affect my car in a crash or any of that sh*t.. Stupid really :(

Your car looks nice though good job with the colour coding :p How does/what is carbon wrapping? lol

Renault Clio 1.4
I know :L I've just ignored that cos i don't see how an aftermarket head unit will affect it, plus i can just remove the facia anyway so it's unlikely to be stolen!

Carbon Wrapping is just covering for example a badge in a vinyl type stick that has a carbon look and feel to it, and you just stick it onto the badge, hence you wrap it with carbon vinyl. You can buy an a4 piece of the stuff for about a fiver.

I always thought you had to declare springs too?

Inferno 182
Technically you should declare anything that isn't standard, if you rang up your insurance company and said anything had changed about the car then the price will go up, especially with headunits, think of how many get stolen out of cars. Its very unlikely that you would get done by police for it but always good to be safe. I cant talk though i haven't declaired mine :L. But you do have to declair springs :)