ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1/4 mile Vid against a 500BHP Evo

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
  182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I'm a little sceptical as a friend with cams and headwork and matched inlet manifold and full slicks managed a 13.8. I've only got matched inlet,Group N and decat and semi stripped. Either the timing was wrong or i've got a quick car?! Well it's quicker than a R32 from a start i suppose,that i can believe as i've got vids lol.

Megane Mk4
Not much in it to say the Evo had 150 Brake more than the Vee. Just goes to prove how good/bad some cars put the power down on the tarmac.

Nice drag ;)

You got a good time because your reaction time and take off was really quick.

You were in front of the EVO for a couple seconds there...

Tangoed Works
Nice one mate, did you get our text from before, you up for something on new years, let me know mate!

Flame Red (172)
that's great man...these evos and scoobys are fast....even faster then porshe;)..but i like the start...that was beautiful..

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
You got a good time because your reaction time and take off was really quick.

You were in front of the EVO for a couple seconds there...

The time has nothing to do with reactions...it starts when the car makes it's first movement.

Honda Civic Type R
it looked to me that right at the very start of the race the clio was ahead. either the evo driver decided to take it easy on his clutch and pull away sympathetically or that the clio is rapid off the line

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
The very,very start is out of shot,i got a pretty good start and his reaction was a little slower,i was ahead for maybe 5 seconds!!! woohoo!!! lol

Honda Civic Type R
nice one mate. you must get pretty good traction off the line then. or have the reactions of a jedi. (or both)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Wat!!! 14.21!!! In dubai, it is not 30+deg?!! Seems a little quick...But good effort. And i thought your mate had a DSG R32?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I am blessed with some Jedi power,yes. ;)

Nah it was a pretty good start,minimal wheelspin,launched at 2,500RPM. Wasn't sure how to go about it,the S2000s were launching at 7,000RPM!!! Might try a little higher next time and see how it goes..

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Wat!!! 14.21!!! In dubai, it is not 30+deg?!! Seems a little quick...But good effort. And i thought your mate had a DSG R32?

Ali you prehistoric Scottish caveman,it was 16 degrees :rasp: . Yeah the R32 is DSG and he had the rear seats and spare out which saved him 50KG. Yeah i thought it was a little quick but i do also think my car is damn fast for what i've had done...Group N,decat,Inlet manifold..can beat a R32 upto 90-100mph and frighten a 350Z...the 182 with cams and slicks did a 13.8.

ITR UKDC2
you had him for about 2.65 seconds lol

good effort very respectable time mate

look much nicer then Santa pod.............very one has a pefrect view

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Sweet man. Good time too. Im lookinh to get a 1/4 mile done soon with all my work. I might be moving back out to Dubia soon..you can show me the ropes....and take me to the autodrome!!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
It's a wicked place. I won the UAE autotest championship last week too. We all used the Audi A3 2.0 Turbo,beat some well known people too which was nice,got a great trophy too lol.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Jealousy is a terrible thing Chubby..

Tell me...why would i want to or need to lie exactly??

I've said i'm sceptical about the time but its what it said so who am i to argue? Plus i know for a fact i'm quicker than a R32 upto a 100mph which can do mid 14's all day long.

Engles Mummy
I'm not saying your lying and believe me I don't need you to justify your point as I know 14.2 is close to an impossible time. Jenson button would have had a hard enough time getting that, net alone a fag who tells everyone is pathetic life problems on a cliosport forum lol.

Joker ;)

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Ohhhh ok so just because you think it isn't possible you think i'm lying??? Coming from a guy with b**ch tits and tells everyone his mate is buying a Veyron is very rich don't you think??

Also as a side note...my life problems?It was a simply apology to someone,hardly my life woes now is it chubby?? As i said,i couldn't give a monkeys nut what you think,i can only tell people what i was told,i couldn't give a s**t if it was wrong TBH but i know my car is quick.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Oh and just because i don't like being called a liar by plebs like chubby...do all the searching you want on the net for R32 1/4 times and you'll find they range from 14.2 upto 14.6. Then find my vid of me beating the MKV R32 right upto 100mph or so.

Or don't...i don't need to prove anything,i'm happy with the time even if its out by a little bit...its all about real life road driving anyway.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
What????Don't talk nonsense. I'm still going hitting 4th gear Ali in the 1st vid and he isn't catching. And the 2nd vid he got a great start and i only pulled back in 3rd gear and got level doing 95mph. Of course he catches me after 100mph...but the race is over by then.

I really don't understand people's desire to piss on people's parade...give me one good reason why i'd need to lie about the time or the fact that i'm quicker than a R32?

Flame Red (172)
What????Don't talk nonsense. I'm still going hitting 4th gear Ali in the 1st vid and he isn't catching. And the 2nd vid he got a great start and i only pulled back in 3rd gear and got level doing 95mph. Of course he catches me after 100mph...but the race is over by then.

I really don't understand people's desire to piss on people's parade...give me one good reason why i'd need to lie about the time or the fact that i'm quicker than a R32?

you are faster...don't care about what they say...i'm preparing a vid with the R32 to...i also beat him till 150 km/h....we r in the same level at my first gear.hitting the second and third gear i jump infront of him 2 to 3 meters...then he get me by 155 km/h;)....
Wait till everybody see the vid...or i think we have to take our carS to "U.K"..;)

RB 182 Cup
r32's weigh like 1500 or 1600kg iirc, clios about 1100kg, hes 182 sounds like a bit of a freak 1 and probs has about 195ishbhp give or take a few maybe, golf 250bhp i would have thought would have been close? plus the clio has the rear seat etc taken out aswell. I would havve said the clio would have beat it matched it to 100 easy. theres even a video to prove it... sounds like they are both going for it and very doubt his mates going to let him win on perpose? who wants there car to look slower then it is lol... i would say your clio is very fast. :)