ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.6 16v Project (Only Started....)

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I'm sorry pal but whilst I appreciate that it's your car and you can do as you please with it, I think the headlights and the vented bonnet are very chavvy. If you're to put any headlights on it I'd suggest OEM xenons from a 1*2, and definitely the standard bonnet on it. I also think that rather than spending money on stuff like this you should get your modifying priorities right and invest in a set of coilovers!

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
well that was a total waste of a reply....(I honestly appriciate YOUR view) but why should I copy every other clio out there....totally dont agree but thanks for your opinion.
I only started this thread so I can follow the progress etc and look into other ideas from other users...but negative feedback is not required so thanks but if you cannot appriciate my own car then please dont comment mate.
Thanks.

crashed clio
im not a fan on the headlights or bonnet, but thats just a personal taste thing. you should look at finding some 172 alloys as they are pretty cheap, tidy, look good painted, and keep the car oem style. a sport interior would tidy up the inside and make it a nicer place to be too. as for making it a full rep, imho it is too expensive, and its easier (and sometimes cooler) to just have a tastefully modded normal clio rather that trying to make it something its not.

Listerine & Poledo
Sorry but i hate non-sports that try and look like a sport. Whats the point? Just face it you haven't got a sport, either buy one or make your non-sport look nice, not something its not.

pot
kettle

but, anyway.
my, what a lot of money you've wasted

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
Yeah mine was oringally going for a 182 rep..however I'm just going for my own style and enjoying playing around with different ideas....as to money being wasted?? Definoutly not (as this attitude is why people on hear are dicks sometimes and therefore ruin this place for others).

StealthClio - thanks for the advices matey - definoutly on the look out for wheels and coilovers next (although prob after xmas now lol) but yh thanks for the feedback - interior upgrade again will be nice addition!! Thanks matey..

1.2 16v Dynamique
Finally got to upload some pics...

As per below I refurbed my wheels (just standard silver) but none the less atleast they have been given a new lease of life without tonnes of curbs marks and deep scratches (took a while but they have now all beem taken out!)

Also painted the rear drums black and front calipers silver.

View attachment 66429View attachment 66430

Now uploaded more recent picture with the morettes and carbon bonnet added:

View attachment 66431

Also now got hold of a load of carbon fibre wrap in which I will attack little bits within the next week (just need the time as always lol)....
Also going to neaten up the engine bay alot...got few ideas which I will get pics asap!!

Nice mate, loving it, only thing id say is spray your wheels dark :) and an rs grille! (need to get myself 1) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190594257...WAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_532wt_883 quiet cheap tho

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
Thanks mate (finally someone feeling they dont need to slate someones own opinion!)....As with all cars/projects this is trial and error and I appriciate your feedback. Def RS Grill will be next purchase for sure...thanks alot mate!!

clio 5door sport rep
looks gash... sorry. the money youve spunked on this so far could have bough some nice alloys and lowered it via springs or coilovers...... instead your left with a bonnet straight out of need for speed most wanted, horrible headlights and dynamique wheels??? dont take this as me hating your car. just trying to give advice along with the other chaps on here. dont take it personally. but if you want a nice looking car... listen to the advice of the folk on here and you wont go wrong

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
hi mate - well again this is your opinion (and too me this isnt gash!) I really like the way she is coming along and dont want to follow a trend! Thanks...but no thanks =)

clio 5door sport rep
a nice looking car isnt a trend tho.... theres a reason why alot of our cars on here look the same...because it looks good? if it didnt look good no one would do it. good luck lad ps please for the love of god get a rs grill at least

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
looks gash... sorry. the money youve spunked on this so far could have bough some nice alloys and lowered it via springs or coilovers...... instead your left with a bonnet straight out of need for speed most wanted, horrible headlights and dynamique wheels??? dont take this as me hating your car. just trying to give advice along with the other chaps on here. dont take it personally. but if you want a nice looking car... listen to the advice of the folk on here and you wont go wrong

No more comments mate. thanks

Last edited:
  clio 5door sport rep
hahaha i could have 100 doors on my clio and it would still be nicer than yours ya little scrote.... wire in with all your s**t mods. ill be here waiting to laugh along with the other 99.9 percent of the forum.... LOL

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
hahaha i could have 100 doors on my clio and it would still be nicer than yours ya little scrote.... wire in with all your s**t mods. ill be here waiting to laugh along with the other 99.9 percent of the forum.... LOL

Very mature matey - enjoy leaving insulting messages and thinking its clever. I really hope people who are on here to enjoy motoring and customising thier vehicles for thier own reasons read this and know what a dick you are :)

Thanks PEN15.

Probably best not to insult people and then report them for replying to it.

But anyway, good luck with your project.

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Hm I am not a huge fan of the bonnet but at the end of the day mate. It is your car so you can have it looking however you want it. If you like it then that's all that matters to be honest. Enjoy mate, defo RS Grille next though!!

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
Hey guys...

Made some fairly decent adjustments (additions) to the Clio recently (*pics to follow*) but I must admit I was falling out of love with her but now back on the right tracks again and really happy with how she is looking!

I have now completed the following:
- Removed the morette headlights and fitted some awesome 182 headlights (with upgraded ice white side lights, silver vision repeaters and of course the xenons all working!)
- Carbon wrapped some interior bits (although def going to attack the heater panels and possibly interior pillars - will keep you updated)
- Removed badges from rear (previously placed renault sport and ktec on there - but more subtle def def def looks cleaner and alot better!)
- Sprayed my engine cover gloss black - with quality yellow sticker ontop lol! (personnal touch)
- Carbon wrapped the top of my fuse box cover - atlhough along with some other bits, I think I will continue the gloss black detailing in the engine bay with yellow scheme etc...
- Also won a 'Kenwood' CD player from a 'hero' on here - which was received within a couple of days and fitted!! Looks nice and big improvement on the standard one!
- Then finished with proper good clean!

Have also ordered some wind-deflectors for the windows (nice touch I think) along with winning some carbon rear 182 exhuast moulds off here...so cant wait to put them on! (then the rear end will finally be coming together)...

Although a question - whats the best way to remove the rear black plastic trim from a 182 rear bumper without damaging etc??? Any answers here would help guys, as I will need to carbon wrap this to match the exhaust moulds lol!!

As always comments and feedback welcome!! Thanks again

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
as a whole your car aint too bad mate, admitedly what im gonna say is different advice than others have given but still . . . . . for the love of chuck norris, dont become another fooking CS sheep, "lets all put on the same alloys and same carbon wrap" etc etc , just not a new or intresting look anymore.

keep up with doing somthing different for a change

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
Yeah cheers matey!! I totally agree with you in regards to trying to be different! (hence my carbon bonnet!!)
But yeah thanks for the feedback - I would like to try a colour scheme with the interior but unsure as of yet lol - urs looks gd btw (same colour as mine!!)...Need any black morettes?? ;) lol

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
morettes?? yeah i do enjoy my wagon atm but like yours ive only just started :L

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
Course matey...

Clio MK2 Morette Headlights.gif

(There retail very expensivley) however I have a set in matt black (fully working and all brackets in great nick etc....)
Open to offers as dont need them!!

Thanks matey
Jamie

e92 330i
Plans sound much better mate. Get some pics up! The rear inset has like clips on top and bottom oppisite eqch other, easy enough to undo if left on.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Hi mate, was just wondering, when you got your xenons 182 headlights are they a straight swap? Or is there wiring to do etc to get them to work? Really really fancy a set they look quality instead of the standard ones.

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
Hi mate, was just wondering, when you got your xenons 182 headlights are they a straight swap? Or is there wiring to do etc to get them to work? Really really fancy a set they look quality instead of the standard ones.

Yh mate...they literally just plug n play!! By far the best upgrade I could advise...will get some pics up soon to show mine as looks massive improvement!! =)

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
did you have to upgrade bulbs? if its that easy i want some now haha wasn't going to bother if it was going to be a task.

Clio 1.6 16v (K4M)
did you have to upgrade bulbs? if its that easy i want some now haha wasn't going to bother if it was going to be a task.

You dont have to upgrade the bulbs (cause they come with the xenon ballasts as standard) but I did have silver vision indicator bulbs and ultra white led side lights ready an waiting to be fitted prior to installing the new headlights (but now with them all combined they look freakin awesome lol) one of the best upgrades...without looking to in your face etc you could do on a mk2 non sport!!
Def do it mate

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
I'll keep my eyes pealed over Xmas for a set. Thanks for your help and persuasion pal haha