ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup (6 months on!)

172 CUP
Hi all.

Thought i'd finally get some pics of the Cup uploaded. Had it nearly 6 months now and I am absolutely chuffed with it. Not planning any mods. Gonna leave it how it is. Did think about coilovers but really dont want to malest her.

Also, i'm amazed at how good on fuel it is! Its not much worse than my 1.2 punto I had before it (unless i'm having fun on the twistys :evil:)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
If not coilovers, what about a set of Sportlines?

172 CUP
Think i'm gonna keep it standard. It drives really well at the mo and don't want to ruin it!

A quick question: Its 2003 and done 30,000 miles (just) so should I get the cambelt done? My mate says I need it doing urgently, but I wouldnt imagine they perish like they used to with age? has anyone heard of one failing before the mileage threshold? Im hoping to get it done before the end of the year either way.

Thanks for all the comments!

Nippy white cup
Looks awesome fella...5 years is cambelt time really so I would be getting it done sooner rather than later. As for the eibachs the ones I got (which ever ones lower it more) made a big difference in my opinion. There is a long fast bend near me which used to be a bit of a ass twitching moment but with the new springs it was a lot more stable and tbh it made almost no difference ride height wise

chris