ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup... FOUND!!!!!

thats gr8 news .......

i think it's been good how everyone has got together as a community as being part of the club and its shows how everyone felt in during this situation .

feels good that ppl do really care too ...:eek:

clio sport f1 r27
gr8 news can you not get one of those things that go on the posi lead at battery and you hand screw the bit out but it has a fuse to allow alarm ect to work but blow if ignition is turned and fine when screwed back in sure there around 15 quid ?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
thats gr8 news .......

i think it's been good how everyone has got together as a community as being part of the club and its shows how everyone felt in during this situation .

Very touching, slightly ghey ( ;) ), but very true too.

It's been a rollercoaster ride the last 24hrs to say the least. My camera's staying with me so I can get pics of it when I pick it up...whenever that may be.

I'm stunned by the response to this to be perfectly honest. There's some decent people out there after all!!!

Mark

thats gr8 news .......

Very touching, slightly ghey ( ;) ), but very true too.

It's been a rollercoaster ride the last 24hrs to say the least. My camera's staying with me so I can get pics of it when I pick it up...whenever that may be.

I'm stunned by the response to this to be perfectly honest. There's some decent people out there after all!!!

Mark
Fingers crossed its in good condition! :cool:

-Disconnect the fuel pump.
-Cheap car cover
-Wheel clamp or stick it on axle stands
-Have the coilpack out,
-Block it in with another vehicle when you can.

so now the car thieves can figure how to nick an RS clio :rolleyes:

You've lost me Fred? Your giving me the impression that i've given the game away -I thought all of these were common sense.

black gold 182
1/3 of a mile away thats too close for comfort!

keep them doors locked whilst your in it - i was dragged out of my old car. scum bags are a plenty.

1.2 Clio
Well done buddy, Spreading the word everyone, you all killed it off......
Congratulations... All you need to do now is find the b*****d who taxed it and chop off his bo*locks

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Great news mate, how did they manage to steal it , if you dont mind me asking, im not a thief or anything just currious as i thought it would have been pritty hard to steal a new car, chuffed that your reunited with her tho:)

172 Race Car
Told steve (anim@l) about this and he said they probably dumped the car coz all the sparks from the brakes scared them, Lol.

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Glad to hear mate, shame you dont get to kick the s**t out of the lads that did it lol.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
nice one! very happy for you! was only looking at mine out of my window this morning thinking "im glad it wasnt me"....hope the lil thievin pr!cks get what they deserve! anyone fancy a vigilante mission lol! be worth the petrol to see them squirm.....

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
nice one! very happy for you! was only looking at mine out of my window this morning thinking "im glad it wasnt me"....hope the lil thievin pr!cks get what they deserve! anyone fancy a vigilante mission lol! be worth the petrol to see them squirm.....

I wouldn't normally agree with vigilante groups going out for justice, but I am rapidly getting fed up with our legal system that seems to do bugger all against arseholes like these. I sometimes think a group of guys with good self control, (so they don't take it too far), could be the answer to some of our prayers. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the sort of person that incites riots or anything like that, but it seems our legal system is no deterrent for thieving scum and a darn good lesson taught to them by a group of controlled guys might be just what they need to make them realise they can not get away with s**t like this.

Last edited:
  Megane 230 R26
Excellent news mate, really happy for you :D I just hope they catch the thieving scum! And actually do something with them! Hope when you get to look over the car you don't find it's suffered too much at the hands of the little scrotes.

I'm a bit worried about my car as I recently moved to a main road where the car is visble on the driveway (I was in the depths of a housing estate before). Although the security of the house is good and I keep the keys in my room - they can come for them if they don't mind a pick-axe handle or Maglite upside the head!

Probably not worth it being recorded against me for future premiums.

Too right! A woman reversed into my car in August while it was parked, damaging the rear bumper which was replaced. Her insurance are, for some reason best known to themselves, dragging their heels, to the point at which mine are going to take them to court. There can be no doubt whatsoever about the outcome, I wasn't even in my car let alone anywhere near it at the time - but the fact there's a claim with "recovery outstanding" is going to make £100 difference to my insurance this coming year (due on 22nd Jan) :mad:

Steering wheel is a safe bet

...or a potentially unsafe bet, due to the fact it contains an airbag unit. I personally wouldn't go poking around with one unnecessarily :nono:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Steering wheel is a safe bet

...or a potentially unsafe bet, due to the fact it contains an airbag unit. I personally wouldn't go poking around with one unnecessarily :nono:

I think he means a removable race wheel?

Thanks again to everyone.

My wife took a call today to say I could collect at 1500 :D , then they called again to say not before tomorrow :( .

Soon hopefully.

Ultra Red Megane 225
f***ing brilliant news mate!

lets hope the f***ers that did it get their just deserts!

53 Clio's & counting
wow iv notbeen on for a few days and i missed this,sorry to here this mate must have made you sick,soooooooo glad your getting her back , dont worry about condition,cars are solid old things, a bit of bad driving wouldnt have done any harm,nothing worse than u do mark ;)

seroiusly tho im so glad you got her bk

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Glad you got it recovered mate, Dan text me when you posted on here.

AFPMSL @ '"Oh, no worries, I did that."