ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup on the rollers - graph attached

172 Cup
Took my 172 cup to Awesome GTI on saturday as part of a rolling road day organised by www.byebyegti.co.uk
On the way down the ECU/emmisions light came on but power was still there.
Maximum was on the third run when it made 158bhp and 144ft/lb @ wheels. I was well impressed because it had been ran by previous owners but only pulled 144bhp and 149bhp @ wheels (without decat and with accoustic valve fitted).
Mods are: -
PiperX Viper with accoustic valve removed
KTR Decat
Powerflow type cat back system

Comments/questions welcome

cheers
dez

Attachments

• Dez 172 Cup 250807.jpg
    Dez 172 Cup 250807.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 141
  Nippy white cup
Is it not about 186bhp? Although it is still abit high..but as we all know we have to take RR results with a pinch..unless you get the mods done the same day and have b4 and after results

Chris

Nippy white cup
Infact where it says clutch power is that the fly figure...as that sounds more like the expectd result...

Chris

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Infact where it says clutch power is that the fly figure...as that sounds more like the expectd result...

Chris

With the mods mentioned, you're probably looking at the 'Max Clutch' figure...about 176 BHp sounds about right.

172 Cup
yeah 158 is measured at the wheels
the dyno does run down tests to measure the resistance in the transmission, this worked out to be 176 @ fly
so im losing just under 12% through the transmission according to this particular dyno

VaVa
144 ftlb is a lot at the wheels. RR's are gay, or rather the chimps that operate them, but as long as you're happy.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Dez, what gear did he run it in?

It made 147bhp @ wheels when I ran it, but at the time it only had ~3k miles on the clock from new and was standard apart from the Viper.

Awesome's rollers aint famed for being the best though, so as I told you before you went, take the results with a pinch of salt.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
It's always been a quick example though... goes very well on the road...

VaVa
And that's all that counts. ^^^

RR's are so inconsistent it's unreal. I blame the chimps using them. There needs to be a nationwide consolidation between RR operators to agree on standard procedure re strapping force etc.

Comparing RR results to ones taken three years ago is ridiculous. They could give you an idea on the same day, back to back, but mean nothing over that time.