ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup (T5MY G) & 172 Stealth (T5M YO)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Re: My 172 Cup (T5MY G) Cooksport Cup Racer Rep

UPDATEEEE!!

Got 2 new stickers for the rear quarters. Got some speedline and magnetti marelli stickers...
1b59253656c8784c9006a573f839d433.jpg

Also got the cs trax sticker put on the rear window...
09338282f47c8906a1d0c8fd49832e4d.jpg

I bought a oreca suede 300mm steering wheel off my mate Tom so fitted it with my momo boss...
64395dea65c0bdebf10bec1f901d00d4.jpg

Had a really good time at Trax, was a lot better than last year. Here's a couple of pics as I didn't take many but I have some videos to upload aswell...
f91d7e59f31fcab8ad9df0265c7842e2.jpg

3321f7ea313e1e871d03e01a3c8864c0.jpg

d8af64a1276797aee6ccf13e2cafb98d.jpg

I did the 0-60mph sprint and had 3 goes. The first and second was when the track was wet so was hard to not wheel spin and got the below results...
17edacb2f3b11818df4e66fd82272ada.jpg

392ccee01224f5fd5ae47530f0c8b046.jpg

I then left it a couple of hours for the track to dry abit and gave it my final try...
5740051c74b9d9c686f2e9110464aac5.jpg

Needless to say I was very happy with the time I got. I also have a video of the first and last run I did which I'll upload shortly.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!

Finally got round to uploading the vids from trax.

First one is from the silverstone tunnels. Sooo much fun and the noises are amazing..
[video=youtube_share;0BvuzfMWCwo]http://youtu.be/0BvuzfMWCwo[/video]

Next one is me doing the 0-60 sprint in the wet getting a 7.007..
[video=youtube_share;I_Rp2Kz8ktA]http://youtu.be/I_Rp2Kz8ktA[/video]

The last one is in the dry and i got a 5.870..
[video=youtube_share;cVebZ6YzOOs]http://youtu.be/cVebZ6YzOOs[/video]

LY R26

those cooksport stickers on the piss on the side?

bet you cant wait to get more track action in it?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

If I followed the line of the moulding it would of looked wonky so the stickers are straight but if you flow the line of the moulding then they appear on the piss. I'm hoping to get on track sometime in October :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Ahh, so you're the wonky sticker guy.

LY R26

If I followed the line of the moulding it would of looked wonky so the stickers are straight but if you flow the line of the moulding then they appear on the piss. I'm hoping to get on track sometime in October :)

ah i see lol
should have followed the window line?

looks good though.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

looks like a cool project dude! in true me fashon ive only looked at the pictures!

have you had any power mods?! im trying to work out how youve got the 0-60 time so low! cant get that from just stripage and breathing mods!?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

No other power mods. Must just be a good strong engine. It's on 95k aswell bless her. If i race my mate who has a 172 (not cup) mine is a fair bit faster and he has the same mods so it must be down to weights on the cups. I can still shed another 20kg's easily without going fiberglass panels and polycarbs Which I will be doing later on. Priority at the moment is getting the cambelt/dephaser done.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Just paid for 438 catcams, cambelt kit with dephaser, ktec induction, denso iridium spark plugs, white line rear antiroll bar kit, and remap. It's being booked in with ktec tomorow and hopefully it will be early October, carnt wait!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

Would look better without all of the stickers imo.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

I am seriously debatting getting rid of them. I like them it's just I think they would look so much better on a non metallic colour like white or rb etc. hmmmmmm going to have to have a think.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

I am seriously debatting getting rid of them. I like them it's just I think they would look so much better on a non metallic colour like white or rb etc. hmmmmmm going to have to have a think.

Whatever makes you happy dude, just saying :)

LY R26

Dude you'll be smiling from ear to ear when you've had them fitted. 438's and the ktec induction are a good combo :cheers:

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

What do you guys think on the stickers? I really don't know wether to keep them on or not. :S

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

I think I might have a viynl wrap to rb or a dark matte grey

Clio 172

So your the guy I've seen in the mornings on my way to work. Car stands out and looks great, it seems you work just over the road from me as well.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers mate, were do you work? I work a Bristol street Citroen. I'm taking the stickers off tonight. They just don't suit cup blue :( I know someone who can do me a very good priced viynl wrap so may have that done soon.

A45 AMG 406BHP

Cheers mate, were do you work? I work a Bristol street Citroen. I'm taking the stickers off tonight. They just don't suit cup blue :( I know someone who can do me a very good priced viynl wrap so may have that done soon.

you mean, you will have the vinyl wrap done soon! haha

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Haha hopeully mate.

Took all the stickers off over the weekend. What a ball ache :( my thumbs are killing me from picking the corners. Gave it a good clean after and here are some pics...
DSC02008.jpg

DSC02009.jpg

DSC02010.jpg

Carnt wait for the trip too Ktec now :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Sun strip needs to go Thomas

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

It carnt mate ive removed the sun visors and i love the strip :D

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Valid reason... It can stay!

Fancy some BF3 in a bit?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Lol i carnt mate xfactors on :eek:

Ill defo be on tomorrow tho :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
My 172 Cup (T5MY G)

I point blank refuse to watch it.. If im with my mrs i make her Record it and watch it when im not there!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Re: My 172 Cup (T5MY G)

Had my bonnet/slam panel strip come through from davo172. cracking price and fits perfect...
DSC02011.jpg

DSC02012.jpg

DSC02013.jpg

Cleaned the car pretty much all day saturday but only took 2 pics. I t-cuted the whole car then polished it as it was abit dull.

Before..
DSC02015.jpg

After..
DSC02014.jpg

Woke up this morning to this beading...
DSC02017.jpg

DSC02016.jpg

Got Ktec on thursday to look foward too. Got the hotel booked so all sorted :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Just had the car rolling roaded at ktec this morning an it made smack on 172 bhp and 154 torque. Very happy with the results considering all it has is a decat and exhaust, and it's on 95k :) Carnt wait till I have the work done now. Im in the ph1 exclusive courtesey car which has the ktr induction on and it sounds epic. I'll upload a video later lol

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

I know I know. The paintwork was hazzy before anyway so the t-cut has made it alittle better but if I got it machine polished then I wouldn't use t-cut obvs.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Just had the call from ktec saying its finished and it's made 191 bhp and 173 torque. Should be fun! I'll do a full update when I'm back with pics and vids.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from Ktec. Really really happy with the service. Would defo recommend them to anybody.

Well the results....

Before the cup made bang on 172 bhp and 153.5 torque. So it was a good start..
DSC02018.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

[video=youtube_share;hknNRfXUdDc]http://youtu.be/hknNRfXUdDc[/video]

And after (Got graph but not scanned yet)..
DSC02025.jpg

191.2 bhp and 173.4 torque. Very happy with the results and it pulls like fook. Will get the graph put up asap.

Everything that i had....
Catcams 438's cams with cam seals, Ktec induction kit, cambelt kit with dephaser, Denso iridium spark plugs, aux belt, water pump and coolant change, oreca steering wheel horn button push, whiteline rear arb...
DSC02026.jpg

Will get some vids up soon of the noise. :)