ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup (T5MY G) & 172 Stealth (T5M YO)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Hi all! I'm back in a clio :D Some of you may remember my euro clio and track saxo...
DSC00593.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

I got the car from a fellow cliosport member. His name was Dan but don't know his username. He took the car to the nurburgring 2 years ago with a day that was organised by renualt sport. Don't know if anybody on here wen't? The only modifications the car came with was a Ktec stealth catback. Sounds very nice and raspy.

Only pics i have are from the ad as the weather crap at the mo too take some...
clio1.jpg

clio4.jpg

clio3.jpg

clio6.jpg

clio2.jpg

Gaz/Ktr coilovers...
DSC01735.jpg

DSC01733.jpg

DSC01734.jpg

Vibra Technics/Powerflex/Ktr...
DSC01731.jpg

DSC01730.jpg

Ktr decat...
DSC01732.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

The front wiper blades are fooked so bought some bosch flat blades...
DSC01727.jpg

The rear wheel bearings are alittle noisey so bought some replacements...
DSC01728.jpg

Overall very happy with the car and im so glad i made the change. Really looking foward to fitting the mods and making it better. I will update on saturday with pics etc.

oooooo and i have bought silvervisions ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Re: My 172 Cup (T5MY G) Gaz Coilovers/Ktec mounts & decat! Back in a clio :)

Nice to see you're moving at your usual pace with this one, i.e you've got a load of parts before you've even taken your own pictures.

Look forward to seeing what you make of this one.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Haha cheers Rob. Got some other minor bits and bobs coming tomorow. I'm going to be correcting the headlights next weekend when ive got a buffer as the o/s has the usual hazing. Once i move to my new house ill be stripping it off all the crap then save for a custom cage.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I just think you love buying suspension parts, where's the TT?

:eek:

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Hi Gally x

I sold the TT. I was just getting bored of it. It was a great car but im getting a ds3 from work so i wanted a toy again.

clio 172 phase 2

What are them engine mounts like mate ? Do you get alot of vibration? Like would they not suite day to day cheers

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Dan I've not fitted them yet. My standard mounts are all knackered. The engine movement is unreal. Under hard acceleration it's causing the exhaust to knock on the subframe. My mate has these fitted and they do vibrate on idle but not alot Atal. I had group a mounts on my Saxo and that vibrated lol but was awesome

clio 172 phase 2

Hmm okay mate i have the dog bone mount already , think my gearbox mount is knackered so may aswell buy the two uprated ones .

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Fitted my aero blades earlier to help with the bob weather...
DSC01739.jpg

DSC01740.jpg

DSC01741.jpg

Also did the silvervisions but forgot to take a before of the headlight...
DSC01736.jpg

DSC01737.jpg

DSC01738.jpg

Should be getting my carbon tax disc holder and c2 stubby ariel through tomorrow.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Got my stubby 2.5" C2 ariel from work today...
DSC01742.jpg

Before...
DSC01745.jpg

After...
DSC01746.jpg

Got a diamondbrite kit from work for free :) so when the weather pics up ill apply it to make cleaning it aittle easier...
DSC01744.jpg

Quick video of the worn mouns...

I'll upload another tommorow once ive done the mounts. I'm getting the mounts, decat and rear wheel bearings done tommorow at work so ill update once im back. I'm also going to be removing the rear wiper and getting a bung for the hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
  182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATE!!!!

Right, had the mounts fitted at work and they have made a massive difference. So happy with them. I didn't get any pics of the mounts fitted but heres a video of them after...
[video=youtube_share;4JSOrLBlu4s]http://youtu.be/4JSOrLBlu4s[/video]

I knew i needed tyres soon but i didnt realise how bad they were. The 2 fronts were barely legal and the 2 rears were really bad. They had loads of inner wall wear with parts nearly coming through and they had quite a few flat spots. So i purchased a set of yoko s drives 195/45/16's. They seem like good tyres. I've not had a chance to push them yet due to the weather...
DSC01766.jpg

DSC01765.jpg

I had the de-cat fitted and it added about 20db's. It's quite a loud system now but does sound good. After i had the de-cat fitted, roughly about 20 miles later the mid box decided to blow the baffles so i now had a anoying rattle blow 3.5k. So on the phone to ktec and i purchased the race centre section which is going to be abit lighter too :p...
DSC01785.jpg

DSC01767.jpg

Whilst the de-cat was being fitted i noticed the rear exhaust hanger/mount was fooked. So got a new gen one from Renault...
DSC01772.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

DSC01770.jpg

Whilst the mounts were being done the battery decided it had enough ad packed in so i had to get a new one. Got a exide 4 year...
DSC01774.jpg

Got 6 litres of gulf 5/40 competition oil with new gen oil filter and sump plug with washer...
DSC01781.jpg

Got a carbon renault sport tax disc...
DSC01784.jpg

Got a 13mm bung for doing the rear de-wiper...
DSC01753.jpg

Got the Gaz coilovers fitted. Before...
DSC01761.jpg

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01771.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

And after...
DSC01778.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

DSC01776.jpg

Sorry no pics of it properley due to the weather again. I'm getting the tracking done today and the mid section. Hopefully if the weathers nice over the bank holiday ill be able to give it its first proper clean since i got it.

172 Cup

Great progress mate, i need to sort my engine mounts out too! Are those mounts from ktec dude?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Actual shed.

Buy a better car etc etc

Much love xx

I have one of the ktec mounts (upper engine) and polybushed dogbone and dont notice a lot of vibration.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Speedy progress as per usual.

Its going to be loud with that centre section on it.

Thanks Dave!

Great progress mate, i need to sort my engine mounts out too! Are those mounts from ktec dude?

Cheers Jimbo, the mounts are from ktec. There vibra technic mounts and and powerflex dogbone bushes but labeled up as ktr/ktec.

Nice one fella. Do you get much vibration through the car body due to the engine mount?

You do get quite abit of vibration but its bareable. im used to group a's on a saxo and there not that bad compared. You just get a few anoying rattles from the dash but mines a cup so may be better on a normal or a ff.

Actual shed.

Buy a better car etc etc

Much love xx

Love you tunst mwahhh!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Just had the tracking done at tanvic on a hunter alignment system. The camber was in tolerance but the front toe was out so they were adjusted and it feels alot better to drive. They also fitted the straight mid section which has added about 5-10db's compared to ther other mid section with blown baffles. The system now is very loud. I tried to do a video earlier but it wont record the sound properly. I'll try and get someone to stand further away to see if it works lol. Just trying too remove the rear wiper arm but its seized on pretty well so ill douse it in wd40 and try and unseize it. Ill update later with pics.

1.2 clio dynamique

Looking at your previous clio i think this will turn out looking sexy! My rear wiper was seized as well, even managed to break a puller trying to get it off so goodluck!

How much was the exhaust mount?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Looking at your previous clio i think this will turn out looking sexy! My rear wiper was seized as well, even managed to break a puller trying to get it off so goodluck!

How much was the exhaust mount?

Cheers Dude, the mount was £20 with discount. My previous clio's rear blade was a doddle. Shame this ones being a b**ch!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Leave the wiper on.. I took mine off and it pissed me off not being able to see out the back...

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Rear wipers are for bummers! ;)

My bandwidths been exceeded till the 6th so I'll have to upload pics after then :(

Will upload a vid of the exhaust tomorrow

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Here's a vid of the exhaust. It still hasnt picked up the sound very well but gives you an idea.

[video=youtube_share;qC4EbBytfjE]http://youtu.be/qC4EbBytfjE[/video]

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEEE!

Hopefully photobuckets back on if not they will be by later on today.

I gave the car its first clean since owning it and it looks alot better for it. It still needs a proper clean with tar spots removed and scratches in places but that will be done another time. I removed the white nurburgring stickers from the rear quarter glass and de-wipered it. The rear looks alot fresher now. Hopefully today ill get a chance to do the oil change and de-fog it. I've been given some fog ducts by davis88 :) which just need spraying black and i can get them fitted.

The o/s headlight is in abit of state. I briefley attempted to correct it but its not 100% I will need a machine polisher to get it bang on. Heres some pics showing how bad it was...
DSC01789.jpg

DSC01790.jpg

DSC01791.jpg

Heres the pics after a good clean...
DSC01797.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

DSC01800.jpg

DSC01805.jpg

DSC01804.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

Stuff to do before french car show..
De-fog and fit custom fog ducts
Fit silver 501 bulbs to side repeaters
Get private plate put on with fancy plate shortend front
Refurb alloys anthracite
Re-spray front and rear diamonds and bullets to match

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Pictures back on :)

The exhaust is getting a little tiring. When your booting it, it's sounds great but general town driving it's getting annoying. Think I might get a ktec recessed.

Audi TT 3.2

Recessed will look so good on Tom, do it!

rb182 cup

looks like a tidy cup...you dont waste time in modding/improving it. 1 thing that is bugging me...why are the washer blanks black?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

No fogs ftmfw. It will look superb mate.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Recessed will look so good on Tom, do it!

Yeahhhhhhhh buddy! Next mod me thinks ;)

looks like a tidy cup...you dont waste time in modding/improving it. 1 thing that is bugging me...why are the washer blanks black?

Cheers mate, I'm not sure about the blanks if I'm honest. I think someone at some stage nicked the painted originals and the previous owner just put replacement unpainted ones on

No fogs ftmfw. It will look superb mate.

You know it gally! De fogged do look beaut plus they ducts davis gave me are sweet. You still loving life in the Frp?

Last edited:
  A45 AMG 406BHP

Looks good.

Let me know what you think of the sdrives

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Welcome back Tommy mate! Great progress so far allready and that cup looks amazing! Good work!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Welcome back Tommy mate! Great progress so far allready and that cup looks amazing! Good work!

Cheers Dude, is good to be back in clio. Out of all the forums im a member off cliosport is easily the best forum/club.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATE!!!!

De-fogged the car yesterday ready for the ducts to go in...
DSC01840.jpg

DSC01839.jpg

Heres the custom fog ducts that mount into the exsiting bolt holes that ive got to spray black...
DSC01843.jpg

DSC01844.jpg

Finally got round to chaning the manky horriable one...
DSC01837.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

Going to replace the Renualt sport nurburgring sticker from 17/06/11 with a fresh new one and also going to get a matt black sunstrip for when i remove the headling and visors...
DSC01842.jpg

Got my french car show tickets :)...
DSC01836.jpg

Heres a vid of me overtaking the missus...
[video=youtube_share;3NJAPGViQVI]http://youtu.be/3NJAPGViQVI[/video]

Not going to have much progress untill the end of the month until i move into my new house. I will be respraying the wheels as they desperatley need a refurb. Will have my private plate on in a couple of days so will post pics when there fitted.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Got my plates through :) Carnt wait to put them on. Should be a couple of days..
DSC01845.jpg

Going to be removing the acoustic valve this weekend and spraying/fitting the cold air feeds.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Got my plates through :) Carnt wait to put them on. Should be a couple of days..
DSC01845.jpg

Going to be removing the acoustic valve this weekend and spraying/fitting the cold air feeds.

They ordered off Internet? Fancy plates ?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

The front plate is from fancy plates and is 520mm x 84mm. The rear I made at work.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT

how much did you lowered the front? nice car btw ;)

clio 172 phase 2

That vid sounds good mate i have the same exhaust still waiting to decat it tho , isit really loud or isit barable ?