ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup

172 Cup
Hi guys i thought i should start a thread for the cup now that bits and peices have started happening to the car. The car is a 2002 mondial cup with 36k on and one previous owner before me :), Ive owned it for just over a month now and its safe to say im still in the honeymoon period lol. Theres also some more info and pics of it from my first weekend of having it in here :

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?532698-My-172-Cup&highlight=

Anyway things have started happening with the car recently, last weekend i had the cambelt & aux belt changed as they were over due, so thats anohter job ticked off the list.

I also made my first purchases which included a cliosport membership :), pics anyway:

Picture346.jpg

Picture352.jpg

Picture354.jpg

New RS mats & clear side repeaters (from tom at wests renault...cheers again dude!), some silvertec front indictor bulbs, new wipers and a vanillaroma :)

Pics fitted:

Picture348.jpg

before silvertec's...

Picture350.jpg

....and after

Picture329.jpg

Picture328.jpg

Picture330.jpg

New mats in

Picture331.jpg

before clear side repeaters...

Picture332.jpg

...and after.

Just some subtle changes atm to 'freshen' the car up, also added my CS tax disk holder and my CS sticker below the brake light in the rear window :)

I gave the car a quick clean and went to grab some pics:

Picture343.jpg

Picture342.jpg

Picture344.jpg

Picture340.jpg

Picture338.jpg

Picture339.jpg

Picture335.jpg

Picture334.jpg

Plans for the future are:

- Some clean number plates
- Smaller ariel
- Some new bullets
- Wheels refurbed
- Paint the calipers
- Lower it ( swaying towards just a set of sportlines atm instead of coilovers but we'll see)

She will be getting a full through detail including a machine polish in the very near future aswel :)

Thanks for looking!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Good little touches to start with mate, will be looking awesome in no time I'm sure

Simular first touches to what I did to mine.

Although I am still rolling with odd mats! How much were the genuine RS mats?

Looks very clean!

172 Cup
Good little touches to start with mate, will be looking awesome in no time I'm sure

;) cheers dude!

Good touches those, car looks in cracking condition.

Thanks alot pal, just aim to keep it that way and make it eaven cleaner lol

Simular first touches to what I did to mine.

Although I am still rolling with odd mats! How much were the genuine RS mats?

Looks very clean!

They are £55 off wests renault on here mate, they are really nice mats and tom provides an excellent service

RS 182 CUP
I love the matts, very clean motor, I got coilies mate dunno what I ever did without them

Astra SRI/ Hornet
i did the indicator mod on mine. you actually looked at them while there on? they flash clear. lol the 182 has orange bulbs where 172 has clear bulb orange lense. a cheap mod that makes a big difference is spraying ya door strips same as the car and silver hammerite smooth on ya brake calipers ; ).

172 Cup
i did the indicator mod on mine. you actually looked at them while there on? they flash clear. lol the 182 has orange bulbs where 172 has clear bulb orange lense. a cheap mod that makes a big difference is spraying ya door strips same as the car and silver hammerite smooth on ya brake calipers ; ).

Yeah i noticed they flashed clear mate lol looks pretty cool. yeah i know what ya mean dude, i need to get round to hammeriting the calipers....just toying with which colour to do them silver or black :S

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I can vouch that the silver really suits the turinis. Makes the car have a really fresh clean look. Cups look better OEM IMO. Don't paint bullets keep em silver and once lowered a little will look really smart. Check a lads old cup on here called gazkev really clean and similar to what mine looked like.

And a little experience I had with mine was that the original conti sport contact tyres suit the car really well and not too expensive.

172 Cup
I can vouch that the silver really suits the turinis. Makes the car have a really fresh clean look. Cups look better OEM IMO. Don't paint bullets keep em silver and once lowered a little will look really smart. Check a lads old cup on here called gazkev really clean and similar to what mine looked like.

And a little experience I had with mine was that the original conti sport contact tyres suit the car really well and not too expensive.

Yeah mate i agree 100% with you about the oem them, gaz's was a very nice example indeed! i only want some sportlines for it, a mazda mps ariel and some clean numero plates for the outside of her at the min...made a carbon front splitter. I think i will plum for the silver hammerite too ;), cheers dude.