ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 has trac control and cruise control . . . anyone else got this?

Volvo V70R & 182 FF
How is the cruise in these cars does it hold the speed well? also do these cars have a throttle cable or is it electronic

i had it in the past and never did to be honest, i dose off on motorways enough as it is dont need to concentrate on one less thing!!

Clio 172
Would not know about throttle but holds speed well, you can also limit what speed you want the car to go so you could put your foot to the floor and it wont go 1 mph over what you set it.

I take it everyone else has the esp button down the side by dimmer aswell as cruise cont button?

SchwepTek™
The Ph1 172s are cable throttle. All the others are electric (fly by wire) throttle.

Cruise is brill, always use it on motorways, holds the speed perfectly.

The throttle would have to be electric to have cruise anyway.

SchwepTek™
2003/2004

There are some late 04 plate 172s and some early 53 plate 182 demo cars.

182s sold to the public on 04 plate.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Cruise was an option on 172's then standard on 182's IIRC

My 182 was the second one picked up from Renault Leicester. Got it on March 1st 2004 so i assume they stopped making 172's early 2004 (53)

Volvo V70R & 182 FF
The Ph1 172s are cable throttle. All the others are electric (fly by wire) throttle.

Cruise is brill, always use it on motorways, holds the speed perfectly.

The throttle would have to be electric to have cruise anyway.

Cheers for that.
The throttle in my V70 is wire you feel it moving in when u turn on the cruise, Fly by wire is far more responsive

SchwepTek™
Cheers for that.
The throttle in my V70 is wire you feel it moving in when u turn on the cruise, Fly by wire is far more responsive

Not sure if your getting fly by wire and cable throttle mixed up. But the electronic "fly by wire" is no where near as responsive as the cable throttle on ph1s.

Volvo V70R & 182 FF
Could be getting confused not sure though i.e my V70 is throttle cable when you turn the cruise on you have to wait a split second before it activates, but on the S60 thats electronic as soon as its turned on its active.

SchwepTek™
Ah i see. No idea how throttle cable cruise works unless something holds the cable at a certain point LOL!

VaVa
Cruise added as standard from July (ish) 2003. Was NEVER a cost option.

ESP added July 2002. Was NEVER a cost option, but I believe wasn't always switchable.

172 production ceased December 2003. Anything on a 2004 plate was simply late-registered.

SchwepTek™
Aerodynamics tho, not mechanics. ;)

Yeh see i was nearly there with my "something holding the cable" comment. :eek:

SchwepTek™
LOL! Very true, i might have to design the SchwepTek 09 F1 car and see how much response i get for it.

;)

Audi TT
My UK spec RX7 had cruise control with a manual box. There were 2 throttle cables and the cruise control operated one of them. :)