ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Replica

Clio 172 Replica
Hi i thought i would upload a few before and after pictures of my 172 Replica.

Before... When I bought it

76e1ca7b-c737-47c5-96cd-316ddbd6e866_zps8b0a1220.jpg

I had to obtain all the parts before the spraying.
Including :

Front bumper
Rear bumper
Side skirts
Front arches
Front Grill
172 Alloys
Splitter

35282_411066052690_5863567_n_zps96f5dc2a.jpg

I then stripped her down.

45571_425490132690_3815149_n_zps33799a33.jpg

34092_411067122690_7617395_n_zps74d7edcd.jpg

45571_425490137690_8363582_n_zpsf06fb6e4.jpg

The result so far...

93c5dccf-5bde-499e-9cb9-765dd28402b8_zps04652459.jpg

7cb34e21-d5b1-42ac-9e9d-ec4f0e3f2d19_zps88ba0114.jpg

5cae4592-dbc8-46da-b7ae-f0cbf2add8a5_zps0c420990.jpg

Im no expert with the camera but i just thought i would get a few pictures on. :)

Clio 172 Replica
Forgot to mention it does have a set of 35mm apex on. nothing special but there cost me £10.
It doesn't look low but it takes that "bus" look away.
I like the badges i think it would look odd without them, plus i don't race round. lol

I read the title of this and thought " oh crap this is gonna be bad...". Glad i've been proven wrong! Looking good!

Clio 172 Replica
Yeah you defo have a good point on the spacers on the rear... i only recently put spacers on the front and it looked loads better.
cup spoiler is a good point to but very expensive!
Thanks for the positive comments!

Yeah you defo have a good point on the spacers on the rear... i only recently put spacers on the front and it looked loads better.
cup spoiler is a good point to but very expensive!
Thanks for the positive comments!

Yeah they are. Well you already have a 172 spoiler/dynamique one so it still looks nice anyway. If I was you I would just wait till one comes up at the right price!

Listerine & Poledo
Can't afford to insure a 1*2 a few years but people like/want the looks of a sport.

Not exactly hard to understand is it?

It's a 1.2 with a bodykit, the insurance is now going to be far outstripping the worth of the vehicle several times over each and every year.

How much have you spent to have a 1.172? Good luck offloading it when you're done too.

Seriously, get those 2.0 bullets off of the side though.

It's a 1.2 with a bodykit, the insurance is now going to be far outstripping the worth of the vehicle several times over each and every year.

How much have you spent to have a 1.172? Good luck offloading it when you're done too.

Body kit doesn't effect insurance much matey. When I was with Adrian Flux last year it would cost £200 to declare. Better than forking out 9k for insurance on a sport no?

Never ended up doing this as I can nearly get insured on sport at a good price anyway now I'm a little older/more experienced. But I guess people can do what they want to their car as it is ​theirs

Clio 172 Replica
Going to find some spacers today! The spec is a 1.2 Dynamique, the bullets are staying guys. It would look ridiculous without them (IMO) as its made to LOOK like a 172. Im happy with it though :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Some spacers and some xenons on there and that will look perfect!

Keep the wheels silver and I had the badges on my old rep! Looked good!

BG 182
Looks nice pal :) you've done a good job but maybe remove the 2.0 badges and replace with just 16v ones ? Or possibly smoothed

Clio 172 Replica
I'm defenatley keeping the badges on. It would look silly without. I know its not got the engine but 99% of people wouldn't/don't know that. Thanks though! Also im not keen on the smoothed ones at all!

Looks decent enough. Personally I couldn't live with myself doing that. Back when I had a 1.2, that's exactly what it stayed looking like.

Black Sheep
For a young driver I think these well done replicas are a good idea. You have done a good job there pal. It's not just insurance you save on big time it's tax and fuel also.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I was 18 and 2 weeks before I was about to buy a sport I got done for speeding! 33 in a 30.

I then kept my 1.4, spent £300 on bumpers, wings and skirts. Got them sprayed and fitted and kept the car for 18 months.

Probably saved me a fortune. I've not had 2 sports and they are far better I agree, but at 18 a 1.4 was the better car!

Clio 172 Replica
The thing is aswell with Replica's is in the back of your mind you know that you have done it yourself, so feel like you have achieved something.

Passat

Hang on...the lad is hardly destroying a Veyron here. He's bought himself a good car for a young lad and is making the best of it. At least hes not just slamming a big exhaust on the back like so many do. Resale value is almost irrelevent when compared to the insurance he is saving on a proper 172 and this looks loads better than the standard vehicle he bought.

Keep the bullets mate. It's your rep and you want it to look like a 172. Next job...the interior?! Good job

Clio 172 Replica
Hang on...the lad is hardly destroying a Veyron here. He's bought himself a good car for a young lad and is making the best of it. At least hes not just slamming a big exhaust on the back like so many do. Resale value is almost irrelevent when compared to the insurance he is saving on a proper 172 and this looks loads better than the standard vehicle he bought.

Keep the bullets mate. It's your rep and you want it to look like a 172. Next job...the interior?! Good job

Thanks pal, nice to hear comments like this! Makes it all worth while :)
Interior is my next job. Slightly worried about the air bag lights when replacing the seat :s

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
Looks good, some people on Cs seem obsessed with hating anything that isn't 100% standard, don't think you'll have any trouble selling it, saved someone doing the work. If you'd have bought a 172 and paid £4/5k on insurance there'd be a million people on this thread going ape lol