ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 seems BIG compared to.........

B

Ben^

.........my Dads bespoke kit car. Designed from scratch and over 5 years in the making.

Just shows you the Clio is not as small as some things!!! lol

Mid engined rear wheel drive with ford Pinto engine, have tried to talk him into putting a 182 engine in it but he says it would mean re building the front of the car again! :(

(Looks like its on stilts becuase the engine is out at the minute)

CLICK on pics to see full picture

that looks well nice mate. any pics with the engine in and of the front and back. so is everything from scratch then did he use a donar car at all?

B

Ben^

I will up more pics once the new engine is in and the bodywork is complete. Most mechanical parts are off Fords, the new engine will be a RWD cossie engine (cossie block is all ally and weighs a lot less than the pinto) with the turbo removed and the compression raised. The body and chassis were designed from scratch and all panels made from sheets of steel.

The seating and leg room is quit tight and there wasnt room for 3 pedals so he has made a clutch leaver which is attached to the gear stick.

Should be mint when its finished and ill get some pics and vids up of it.