ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*my 172 wannabe completed*

Snotter's

looks good,to be fair u set urself up for it on here though m8.Seems that every1 on here likes to take the piss.Must make there cars faster !!!

Not a Clio

Quote: Originally posted by SOHROB on 05 April 2005
looks good,to be fair u set urself up for it on here though m8.Seems that every1 on here likes to take the piss.Must make there cars faster !!!

Deserved to be honest. It looks nothing like a 172.

Snotter's

maybe but hes put some work in and seems happy with,comes on here with pics and gets slated.F*CKIN gay imo,no need

A silver Honda

LOL at Mike.

I didnt slate it, i actually gave some constructive criticism.

Some colour coding would definately make it look more sporty.

The low res pics dont do it justice, it looks very tidy.

B-road bully

u guys tak this too seriously end of the day its my car, i like it, my friends like it, im only 18 where am i supposed to get money for sport bumpers and leather seats from!??

dutty yours looks spot on, no wonder people do think its a 172 - a wicked effort.
the blue mk1 172 rep (steve, S15TV... i think) looks spot on too.

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by dfifty1 on 05 April 2005
u guys tak this too seriously end of the day its my car, i like it, my friends like it, im only 18 where am i supposed to get money for sport bumpers and leather seats from!??

Bit of advice.. Save your money and one day you will be able to afford "sport bumpers".. IMO youve simply wasted what cash you had.

E60 diesel powah

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 05 April 2005

dutty yours looks spot on, no wonder people do think its a 172 - a wicked effort.
the blue mk1 172 rep (steve, S15TV... i think) looks spot on too.
thanks cat!! not really finished yet but for now i think looks gd :D

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 05 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by dfifty1 on 05 April 2005u guys tak this too seriously end of the day its my car, i like it, my friends like it, im only 18 where am i supposed to get money for sport bumpers and leather seats from!??

Bit of advice.. Save your money and one day you will be able to afford "sport bumpers".. IMO youve simply wasted what cash you had.

Wasted cash!!?? He has nice alloys, nicer rear clusters etc. Dude like I said previously, you like and its definately not wasted money cos given the choice everyone on here would drive it the way it is now over standard so ignore the c***s who believe the almighty 172 to be an extension of theirs:)

renaultsport clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by dfifty1 on 05 April 2005

it looks okay matey,you gotta start somewhere,you have not gone over the top like most people do,so its a good start.;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I understand what your trying to do, but I personally laugh at Clios with a Sport badge under the Renault badge.. why not stick a ferrari badge on it and be done ?

Deffinatly improve your car, make it look better etc.. but trying to make it out as being something its not ??

Just my opinion

PS. Just to point out, you have the wrong alloys on your car.. the are the mk2 172 alloys.. not the mk1.

[Edited by KDF on 4/5/2005 4:08:28 PM]

B-road bully

sure i can put new bumpers and skirts, then ill be critised for not havin a 2.0 dumped in it. its right maybe i shouldnt of named this thread 172 wannabe does "alloys on my 1.2" sound better? cant afford to do much else to tha car, + i need to start saving for the mk3 192:D maybe i wont be mocked then heh?

Im 18 mate, I know what its like, no money, sky high insurance. Try being me though Iv also have car broken into aswell, and had someone hit it aswell. (I dont have much luck as you may gather.)

Although what youve done does look good.

Id take the stickers off though, as it wont cost a penny, just get the heat gun to it.

leon cupra R

lol just seen this thread

to be honest mate when i clicked onto this thread i scrolled down looking for a finished 172 wanabe completed didnt notice many changes on the car !

for wot you have done i think wasnt worth it, you should of saved the money and spent it on some other alloys , better suspension setup and maybe and exhaust

not worth trying to make it look like a 172 then actually getting some chav up your arse trying to race you in his nova , then eventually overtaking you because your 1.2 is flat out

like many have said as long as your happy with it thats what counts bud!!!!

Been said but does look nice for an MTV, maybe get them MTV stickers off and a few other subtle things and will be well nice. BUT it doesnt look like a 172. Probably a good thing really cus personally id prefer summat slow that looks tidy to summat slow that looks chavved up/looks like summat it isnt.

As someoen said if hed titled the subject different hed be getting praise

has no one really read the title "my 172 wannabe compleated" not my 172 rep or ne thinks else so where the prob if he wants ot think it a 172 fair play. nice car mate