ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 has a cone induction kit - do they do anything?

Clio 182
Chaps,

Whilst waiting for delivery of my new RS200, I noticed a tidy 182 at a local dealership....and bought the thing!!

It's really tidy, low mileage and I think, well taken car of.

Checked under the bonnet and someone has swapped out the airbox for a green induction cone filter....

Question is - do they do owt?

The car is from a main franchised dealer so they'll swap it back to the airbox for me if I want - just need to know what the general performance consensus is?

Cheers!!

M2 / Golf GTI
No gain in performance really, just a nice noise (if that's what your into).

BMW M135I
Chaps,

Whilst waiting for delivery of my new RS200, I noticed a tidy 182 at a local dealership....and bought the thing!!

It's really tidy, low mileage and I think, well taken car of.

Checked under the bonnet and someone has swapped out the airbox for a green induction cone filter....

Question is - do they do owt?

The car is from a main franchised dealer so they'll swap it back to the airbox for me if I want - just need to know what the general performance consensus is?

Cheers!!

change it back, had one on my 172 when i bought it and the standard one is so much better

Clio 182
...thanks chaps, I'll get it switched over!!!

..looking forward to getting into it...!!esp as I've never driven one!!...

Clio 182
...yes, still getting the 200....but, needed a car and the wait on the 200 is about 8 weeks....plus, I put in a cheeky offer on the 182 and they took it!!...

Will be in the classifieds shortly.....!!

320d
...yes, still getting the 200....but, needed a car and the wait on the 200 is about 8 weeks....plus, I put in a cheeky offer on the 182 and they took it!!...

Will be in the classifieds shortly.....!!

Fair enough, as long as you lose no money on it then you've got a free car for 8 weeks.