ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 Track Car Project

Clio 220 PH2
Right been really busy with the car since last time i updated the build thread i have taken a few pictures as we go along. The seat were a nightmare to fit as the side mounts that i had were wrong so i had to send them back to Corbeau and fair play to them they swapped them straight away really recommend this company top customer service. The seats i have gone for are the Corbeau Pro series with custom stitching (in green) the logo (in green) the white back with the carbon fibre round by the harnesses :) i must admit they look really smart. We have managed to sit the dash in that will be bolted correctly Wednesday night with the speedo and the steering wheel, the plan is to do a cool mod with the fuse box and traction control inside the car ( more than likely done before but i will put my spin on it) i am only running the top of the dash and hiding the wires underneath it to give it the clean look of no wires. Also the wires have been hidden inside as well to give it a wire free zone which includes the wiring to the rear lights. I am having the windscreen fitted tomorrow which will be a heated screen from Ricky Evans Motorsport really nice screen. I also have on the way are the ACW Motorsport plastics complete side windows which i am running there square lockable windows with just the standard rear quarters, as well on order and should take about 8 weeks :0 is the Plastics for Performance rear window.
Here are some pictures of the car at the minute -
IMG_0920.jpg

Also the roof scoop has been secured and sealed.
IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

Clio 220 PH2
Some more pictures of the car-

IMG_0923.JPG

I really like the white and carbon (as well it is real carbon just for a reference) combo with the white and green of the inside of the car

IMG_0924.JPG

Fibre Glass boot lid fitted but not finished just got the aero catches to finish cutting out and then they can be fitted and sealed :)
IMG_0926.JPG

Green and carbon the perfect combo haha
IMG_0927.JPG

This is how we are at the minute the wiring no where near finished but its in and thats the main thing that should hopefully be sorted wednesday night as well i will picture how we get on.
IMG_0928.JPG

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0930.JPG

Clio 220 PH2
Turns out as well its very easy to get stuck in the roll cage as well. Getting in was simply enough getting out not so easy as pictured lol
IMG_0909.JPG

I blame the hair cut too much of a mop haha

Clio 220 PH2
Jebus that green's bright! Awesome though :cool:
Haha went to my local paint supplier and said what is the brightest green you do and this is what they came up with its a real pain to paint with the coverage is rubbish, took 2 litres to cover the cage and roof scoop
Thank you very much i am really happy hows its coming out :)

Clio 220 PH2
Just a small update the front and rear quarter windows are in and what a pain in the bum they were never want to do them again. They are both poly Windows from acw plastics and really happy with them look really smart and well made. They are lockable cat flaps with a simple but effective locking system :)
Some pictures of the car and windows-
image.jpeg

My mates pulled a fun joke on me I didn't realise they were such good artests lol
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Clio 220 PH2
Some better daylight pictures of the car plus with some pictures of the carbon fibre rear door cards fitting the fronts Friday, they are from pure motorsport really nice door cards for the money
image.jpeg

And got a RS-182 sticking lol
image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

Still have another 4 week wait for the rear window in poly but still plenty to be getting on with
image.jpg

And the rear door card
image.jpeg

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
looks superb, although is it just the light or are the doors a completely different colour of silver? If so i couldn't cope with that after the amount of work that has went in everywhere else

Clio 220 PH2
looks superb, although is it just the light or are the doors a completely different colour of silver? If so i couldn't cope with that after the amount of work that has went in everywhere else
Cheers mate, no yes you are right they have ended up coming out a different colour the body shop struggled to get a colour match due to the door being fibre glass (first time they have painted fibre they said) but what I said was let me have the car back so I can build it and then it's going back to have the whole side redone so it will match it is bugging me but I thought I would rather have different colour doors and the car be ready for track days as its booked on one in September (Nurburgring and spa) than have it all right but not built. But it will be sorted hopefully before September but you are right it is different and not good lol

Clio 220 PH2
Just a really small update we have cut the holes for the door strips and fitted them I was going to keep them off at first just to save time but it looks so much better with them on. Sorry for the bad picture with the light but just taught I would share. Tonight's plan is get the electrics into the doors, door cards on the doors and possibly fit the rear aero catches depending on light and time :)
Also this is my steering wheel I went for really pleased with it :)
image.jpg

And the wheel with its cover on haha
image.jpg

I hopefully should update more pictures tonight :)

Clio 182
How difficult were the Perspex Windows to fit? I'm going to have a set to fit at some point!
Looking good.....how far off being track ready?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Just read through your whole project. Really good read and hats off to you for a quality build.

Clio 220 PH2
How difficult were the Perspex Windows to fit? I'm going to have a set to fit at some point!
Looking good.....how far off being track ready?
We found it pretty difficult as it was the first time any of us put a window in, it is do-able I would recommend you have two people with you when you do it. We messed up a little bit on the back window because we had to put the black prima around the window and didn't make it thick enough so you can see a little bit of glue and window frame but for our first go not too bad
The rear quarters are the hardest to fit in my opinion just because the glue needs to be at the right height to stick it down correctly and the fronts just glue into the outer seal at the top (where your glass window fits in the seal) and that should hold it but I would defiantly say go for it its just a sticky and dirty job. And the biggest advice wear gloves and have plenty of them lol
Are you having a back window as well in Perspex ?

The car should be ready mid June hopefully trackdaying in July so fingers crossed funds allow me to finish then.

Clio 220 PH2
Just read through your whole project. Really good read and hats off to you for a quality build.
Thank you very much I have tried to make it different in a good way lol but I can not wait for it to be finished we have been working on it now for 8 months that's enough time for me not to drive it

Clio 220 PH2
Good evening all,
Just a small update as I haven't had much chance to work on the car this week we managed to get the door handle and door cards fitted on the passenger side just the drivers side left to do then we can put that to bed we also have got the electrics in the doors so I can lock the car which is always handy lol.
Pictures :)
image.jpeg

Had to be green duct tape I buy lol. Sorry I didn't take one without tape but holding the door card in place while the glue sets.
Close up of the carbon
image.jpeg

Lovely door cards and they just miss the cage which I was worried about when I first bought them but Nick at Pure motorsport helped me out massively
image.jpeg

Rear window should be here next week so that's the next job on the list to do then the car is water tight. Then moving onto the rear aero catches and then wire the screen up and then I can finally tidy the wires up inside, should just leave me with the harness to fit and she's a road going car again :)

Has anyone wired up a Ricky Evans heated front screen before I have 4 wires two each side I haven't rang yet but wasn't sure if it was 1 pos + 1 neg on both sides or 2 positive one side and 2 negative the other
Cheers
Ben

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
Loving this car and afraid to say I'm going the same colour route though not the black roof. One question, how is the dash top secured seeing as you've removed the original dash frame.

Beard

Clio 220 PH2
Loving this car and afraid to say I'm going the same colour route though not the black roof. One question, how is the dash top secured seeing as you've removed the original dash frame.

Beard
Thank you very much mate, it's a good colour combo, wasn't sure at first if it would work together but it's come out really good to be fair, you have a good taste in colour lol
It's screwed in the original vent holes at the front of the dash, it fits pretty tight to the roll cage and what makes it really secure is the speedo bolts to the dash and then metal brackets hole it to the steering column bracket, M6 bolts is what I have used and I must admit it doesn't rattle or really move I will try and get some closer pictures to show you tomorrow. It does sit on the roll cage dash bar as well but the main strength in the speedo brackets

Clio 220 PH2

Beard
Sorry here there are

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    603.9 KB · Views: 173
  • image.jpeg
    711.9 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpeg
    748.1 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpeg
    461.4 KB · Views: 175
  Clio 220 PH2
Just a little update we have managed to fit one aero catch on the boot it took much longer than we thought and we didn't want to crack the fibre glass but get the aero catch as low as possible
Here's some pictures
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The silicone on the side was because we had to cut the edge of the boot out to fit the inner bracket
image.jpeg

Tried to shape the silicone to make it look one piece came out pretty good to be fair
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Clio 220 PH2
Update time the rear window has finally turned up I have been waiting for 6 weeks as this is there busy period with the sessions starting for race teams. Hopefully get the window fitted this weekend if not next week and then the car is water tight :) I can start to say the end is insight lol.
Just a little picture of the screen
image.jpeg

Clio 220 PH2
This is awesome. Can't wait to see it on track.
Any plans for the engine?
Cheers mate I can not wait to see it on track :) I am going to have it mapped at some point there maybe a possibility of ITBs in the future but I am a big fan of how fast I can take corners I just want to keep the engine running nicely at the minute and go and have fun in it :)

Clio 220 PH2
Update time again managed to have a really productive Sunday morning on the Clio manage to finish cutting the aero catch out, got the drivers door card fitted with a door stop on as well (to be finished) and managed to get the rear window on, we also made a start modifying the rear door card as it doesn't fit but decided to leave that for another day.
Rear window is drying at the minute but a picture to show it in :)
image.jpg

Also the boot is now secure with the aerocatches it's nearly ready for the road :)
image.jpg

It does need the spoiler going on as the car look bald lol
image.jpg

It is amazing how much difference having a rear window in changes the look of the car plus I have tried a few times to put my hand in the boot and hit the window as there's not normally one there
My mate turned up in his M3 track car to give me a hand so we had a nice track car drive :)
image.jpg

Clio stuck behind the M3 wouldn't let me past lol
image.jpg

Should hopefully fit my canards Wednesday night and my new front splitter should be here Tuesday fingers crossed and then wiring up the heated sheet :)

Clio 220 PH2
Managed to get the car to work yesterday to do some more bits and bobs managed to stick it on the scales just to see how it sits (I didn't adjust anything I will do that another day.
image.jpeg

The car was pretty much fully built with regards to weight
The pictures is not great but you can just read it
image.jpeg

Managed to get the car to 941.5kg overall weight which I am over the moon with :). I need to sort the left and right balance out but I can do that another day.
Also last night we managed to fit the canards I have had for ages and trial fitted the front splitter. I must admit it looks amazing :)
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Today's job is wiring the windscreen up