ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182

2004 Clio 182
A few pictures of my 182, (post wash/post rain) needs a bit of work to get it looking mint again but hopefully with a bit of TLC it will get there :)... oh a keep an eye out for the sticker obsession lol

null_zps5d690f39.jpg

null_zps7560989e.jpg

null_zps3ab014b9.jpg

null_zps0d5c847b.jpg

Wheels are in desperate need of some attention.. :/

null_zps8f6196a3.jpg

Recent addition..

null_zps00fd3d7a.jpg

and made a start on the engine bay spruce up...

null_zpse97b785a.jpg

Comments/Criticism welcome :)

Looks good mate, much lower than it was before :)
And so much better with no orange trims everywhere, the stickers are a nice give away its you also the number plate. Should get the wheels redone in anthracite, silver doesnt suit BG. The engine bay looks quite tidy :)

Looks like a tidy example.
Got to say I'm not a massive fan of the stickers but that is personal taste, as long as you like it that's all that matters. Gives me something to look out for when I'm around MK.
Have you got any plans for the car?

2004 Clio 182
Looks good mate, much lower than it was before :)
And so much better with no orange trims everywhere, the stickers are a nice give away its you also the number plate. Should get the wheels redone in anthracite, silver doesnt suit BG. The engine bay looks quite tidy :)

The stickers are big give await but i'm thinking of maybe going more subtle..... I'm thinking black for the wheels but anthracite might work :) as i say its work in progess at the moment.. i ll step back from the car soon and go i don't like it and thats it, it'll change completely lol

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Do you realise how much better it would look if u took all those stupid stickers off?

2004 Clio 182
Looks like a tidy example.
Got to say I'm not a massive fan of the stickers but that is personal taste, as long as you like it that's all that matters. Gives me something to look out for when I'm around MK.
Have you got any plans for the car?

Not sure yet, still looking at various bits, possibly decat and full exhaust system, custom remap and maybe go slightly lower with it.. Main thing will be a full respray though as the body work is full of dents and scratches.

Not sure yet, still looking at various bits, possibly decat and full exhaust system, custom remap and maybe go slightly lower with it.. Main thing will be a full respray though as the body work is full of dents and scratches.

I know that feeling with the dents. Stupid passengers, doors and immovable objects dont mix well >.<
I assume the Stickers were on when you got the car???

2004 Clio 182
I know that feeling with the dents. Stupid passengers, doors and immovable objects dont mix well >.<
I assume the Stickers were on when you got the car???

I know i washed earlier and looked down the passenger side and there must be at least 9 car park dents down the side, as well as half the paint missing on the door edge, the usual palm imprint on the bonnet, the heavy stone chips on the bonnet and bumper... so its going to be easier just to have the whole car resprayed, and get that fresh look again :) stickers will come off then, i put them on to see what it would look like but i've not been sure about it since i done it. Just not had the time to sort it

Christ, them stickers!

That wheel!

Yeah don't think the previous owners were too car friendly.. most of the wheels are like that, some have been resprayed badly

2004 Clio 182
28 actually :) like I say it was trial n error. Had it on a previous car and it looked alright so thought I'd give it a go.

28 actually :) like I say it was trial n error. Had it on a previous car and it looked alright so thought I'd give it a go.

Wow, you're almost as old as I am. Honestly though, it's definitely error. Looks juvenile. Take them off and search this forum for ways to improve your car.

2004 Clio 182
Haha got plenty of ideas on how to improve it :) been around long enough. Just rather not follow what everyone else does and be individual.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
28 and you want orange stickers plastered over your car lol. Seriously though will look good with them removed, nice little car.

I was thinking the same thing, bloooming heck mate i mean this in the nicest way possible, but what on earth would make you think doing that would look good? And at 28 year old....

Please for the sake of the renault sport enthusiasts, remove all stcikers, get a fresh set of plain legal plates (£11 posted a set off ebay) and give it a clean and polish.

2004 Clio 182
I was thinking the same thing, bloooming heck mate i mean this in the nicest way possible, but what on earth would make you think doing that would look good? And at 28 year old....

Please for the sake of the renault sport enthusiasts, remove all stcikers, get a fresh set of plain legal plates (£11 posted a set off ebay) and give it a clean and polish.

Yes at 28 I like have stickers on my car, yes they probably are OTT but at the end of the day it's MY car. So why would I want to make it look like everyone else's?? Like I've already said it was a trial thing... It worked well with my old focus st so I thought I'd try it with the clio.

Passat
Yes at 28 I like have stickers on my car, yes they probably are OTT but at the end of the day it's MY car. So why would I want to make it look like everyone else's?? Like I've already said it was a trial thing... It worked well with my old focus st so I thought I'd try it with the clio.

I'd hazard a guess it didn't work well on your ST

2004 Clio 182
null_zpsb87208d6.jpg

well it was pretty well known at shows, mainly due to it running well over 300bhp and spitting flames but I guess as its not standard or subtle it won't be liked lol

Sorry for sounding like an a**e, yeah I asked for criticism but being told what I should n shouldn't do does go over the mark... I ve owned 2 or 3 car clubs in the past n forgot how these forums are... In my eyes if you don't like it don't look at it.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  TTS
People can be pretty blunt on forums haha. Your Clio must feel pretty slow in comparison with that ST, what made you change?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry if i offended you mate, i was trying to give you advice, but of course it is imo only. I suppose we all ask for advice when we post pictures, otherwise why would we bother doing it in the first place. If you only want nice comments then i suppose you should step your car game up. Plenty people on here who's cars are loved by everyone.

I would genuinely feel humiliated getting out of my car if it looked like that with stickers, I'm cringing at the thought of pulling up to work on a morning and getting out of it in the car park if it was like that. It doesn't exactly scream out creativity and making it your own.

Again, appologise if i have offended you, the main point is you have a nice Renaultsport, that could look very clean and smart.

2004 Clio 182
People can be pretty blunt on forums haha. Your Clio must feel pretty slow in comparison with that ST, what made you change?

yeah it does. I still miss it.. It got too expensive to run in the end it was doing 17 mpg on average and I moved further from work

Sorry if i offended you mate, i was trying to give you advice, but of course it is imo only. I suppose we all ask for advice when we post pictures, otherwise why would we bother doing it in the first place. If you only want nice comments then i suppose you should step your car game up. Plenty people on here who's cars are loved by everyone.

I would genuinely feel humiliated getting out of my car if it looked like that with stickers, I'm cringing at the thought of pulling up to work on a morning and getting out of it in the car park if it was like that. It doesn't exactly scream out creativity and making it your own.

Again, appologise if i have offended you, the main point is you have a nice Renaultsport, that could look very clean and smart.

Im not out to please people or get nice comments. The only opinion I care about is mine. Thank you for everyone's comments and advice. Yes I do agree the car would look cleaner with no stickers on it. But at the end of the day it was only to see how it looked and as yet I have t found the time to get round to sorting it out....

Renault clio 2005
Nice car Like Silver wheels against black. Nice contrast. Good idea to trial the stickers. But tbh I don`t personally like the look of them. But all In all will be a great car after a decent tidy up mate :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
clio looked good in first picture, stickers are hideous though, ruined that focus too!

remove the stickers and tidy up they wheels and I bet your 182 would look good!, engine bay looks good!