ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2002 Clio 172

Suzuki Swift Sport
Hi all, im fairly new here, thought id share with you a couple of pics I took of the clio ive just bought!

Ive come from a mini cooper s (2005) with plenty of mods, so getting used to the clio still! - the rims came on it, im not too sure about them but they are staying for now. Also the car has Apex lowering springs and im not too sure about those either (although I like the look of the ride height! :) ) Well pleased with it so far :)

Can anyone recommend an induction kit? I was also thinking of swapping to eibach springs, as I have those fitted on the mini and really impressed with them!

Nick

clio1.jpg

clio2.jpg

clio3.jpg

clio4.jpg

Clio 197
Those wheels dont look too bad but not really following the style of the clio to be honest mate. Welcome along to the forum mate.

Golf R soon...
Nice looking sport you have there!

Like the wheel choice, even if it wasn't yours ;)

BMC CDA induction kits are brill, not to expensive!

If you want to go all out, get yourself a ITG Maxogen

Suzuki Swift Sport

Cool, ill have a look! where do you get the BMC one from? It was the same when i had an elise, everyone said the ITG Maxogen was the best one, but they were 3/400 quid i think!

Golf R soon...

Cool, ill have a look! where do you get the BMC one from? It was the same when i had an elise, everyone said the ITG Maxogen was the best one, but they were 3/400 quid i think!

Maxogens are not cheap but I've heard they are the best!

I got my BMC from a member on here second hand, got lucky

Try http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=bmccdainductionkits&car=renaultclio&manufacturer=bmc&sub_category=1

Suzuki Swift Sport
Cheers for that, ill have a look into it, im trying to decide what to do with it, suspension is first on my list, it feels like its pushing the dampers with the apex springs on, like its bottoming out all the time on them. So may look at some new struts and eibachs sportlines. Dont really want to go down the coilover route, as dont want to spend too much!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i dont like big wheels but they look quite good, think the eibach sportlines would spoil it with the higher ride height although it would handle better, but its not going to handle that great on 17s anyway so no point in eibachs really unless you want a smoother ride.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Welcome to the forum, Eibachs are popular on here with standard shocks, other than that people seem to go for FK or H&R coilovers.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Thanks for the comments :) im going to put it back on standard rims if i can find some (i like the look of big wheels, but i would rather go for the drive than looks) would love to put h&r coilovers on, but im running this as a cost saving exercise after the cooper s, so trying not to spend a fortune on it, standard struts with eibachs, and 16s sounds like the best set up for me (and the money!)

Anyone know of any standard rims about for sale? :)

P

phill172

whay. another 02 plate 172! looking really good, really do like the wheel choice something different to speedlines!

Mazda RX8
you and your bloody 172....ive been looking at v6's 3 days on the trot now lol, am sure these guys will advise you of the best induction kit on here though.

Suzuki Swift Sport
I dont know what the wheels are exactly! All i know is that they are made by Toora, they might be for sale at some point soon if anyone is interested! :)