ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2008 JCW MINI

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
So i should be looking 10K max?

And whats this about all the different models of JCW - been told its not an official JCW unless its 09 onwards as they wasnt produced till then (can tell i know nothing about them)

is the one in my link A JCW or would it seem to be a cooper s with all the bits?

Also what do people reckon to the off white and black? - like said above i want to get away from a black car and i do like that colour just dont know if it a bit girly :s

Cheers

BMW E46 330ci Sport
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...postcode/b744rh/page/1/keywords/jcw?logcode=p

Sorry to rob your thread but im just looking into moving to mini and have spotted this one - what do people reckon as i dont know much about these

Cheers

That's a factory Mini JCW. Ignore the Autotrader listing title as they seem to stick Cooper S on any bloody Mini. You can tell that is a proper JCW as the front badge is on the lower grill and there is no Cooper S badges on the sides or back. Also the big red brakes and body kit are a give away. Obviously most of those are options on a Cooper S but it would be very rare for someone to spec them all. The fact that this is a Mini JCW rather then a Cooper S with a JCW exhaust is why its a bit more expensive. Cant compare the OPs car to this as they just aren't the same.

Also - Factory John Cooper Works R56

In mid-2008, Mini brought out a new addition to the JCW family - the Mini John Cooper Works. This is in fact not another power kit, but a whole new version of the R56 Mini Hatch, model code MF91 (MM91 in the Clubman version). This new version comes with major differences from the factory, compared to the 192 bhp (143 kW) power kit that can be supplied through the dealer network:
  • Maximum power of 155 kW (211 bhp) at 6000 rpm, and 260 Nm of torque (280 with overboost. This is achieved by means of a new, uprated turbocharger, larger-bore exhaust and a sportier ECU map. 0–100 km/h time is down to 6.5 seconds (6.8 in the case of the Clubman). Fuel consumption and emissions are also up, however, compared to the 192 bhp (143 kW) kit which has no change compared to the standard 175 bhp (130 kW) Cooper S.
  • Electronic limited slip differential (EDLC - Electronic Differential Lock Control). This is infinitely variable between 0% and 50%, as opposed to the permanent 30% of the optional LSD fitted to the R56 MINI Cooper S.
  • DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) as fitted as standard on all current BMW models. The John Cooper Works is the first variant of the Mini to come with DTC which, to date, is not available even as an option on other variants. The main difference between DTC and the extant DSC is the ability to "remap" the parameters for the traction and stability control systems, to allow a sportier drive while still employing these systems at the last minute, without fully deactivating them.
  • Brembo 4 pot caliper JCW brakes, consisting of: four-piston aluminium fixed front brake calipers finished in red with John Cooper Works logo, red painted single piston rear calipers, perforated and grooved ventilated front brake discs (316x22mm), rear brake discs (280x10mm)

Leon Cupra 300
Looks mint Alan..

With 210hp I wouldn't bother trying to squeeze more out of it and risk your warranty.. I've got BMW warranty on the 335 which is good but bloody annoying as I wish I could map it.

Re looking like a 'normal' MINI. That's a good thing IMO

ST
Looks mint Alan..

With 210hp I wouldn't bother trying to squeeze more out of it and risk your warranty.. I've got BMW warranty on the 335 which is good but bloody annoying as I wish I could map it.

Re looking like a 'normal' MINI. That's a good thing IMO

Cheers Phil..

Yeah you're right on both accounts, it's got enough power to embarrass most other hot hatches and saloons alike. But 'looking normal' is also a good thing too.

Once I sort out the handling and get the new rubber on it'll be even better.

I was actually looking at a 335d, but I didn't want any monthly payments so the MINI fitted the bill perfectly.

How's the new timepiece going?

Leon Cupra 300
The new timepiece is great.. Never off the wrist.

I can see why you don't like the monthlies but I have about 50% equity in the car and if you keep it at a sensible level like that you don't notice them!

I got rid of runflats on mine. Best thing I ever did.

ST
Awesome man, I'm thinking of selling my black on black plane ocean, I really want a Daytona but as you're probably aware the waiting lists are fairly lengthy.

Yeah I could've ploughed a fair bit of money into a lease/pcp on a 335 but the feeling of having to hand the car back after the term I didn't really like, but I would've been in a similar position to to you if I'd financed it with some equity in the car.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Sold it already? I went from an R53 JCW to an R56 fJCW and HATED it! How does the 200 compare?