ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Astra

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Great on economy
Great on economy - So is almost every small car with a sensible engine.
Really nice interior - Really? as I hate the Astra Interior, it's very Rental esque.
Looks really nice - In 3dr form it looks okay, I wouldn't say really nice.
Drives well - Can't comment.
Rather fun and nippy - 1.4? Seems unlikely.
Good boot space
For a 3 door spacious in the back - How often do you use the boot?

That's what I can think of right now.

I've never been a fan of the Astra, just personal opinion.

I know you're shocked Jesus but read below.

I've never been a fan of the Astra, just personal opinion.

I can only compare to the car I drove prior to this (my Clio) I've never had any other car as a daily sure I have driven some and been in some but since they where not dailies I have no real experience with them. Compared to my Clio this Astra is like a maybach! LOL in my eyes it's my second car pretty much new when I got it so it made me happy.

Quite lucky mine is new pretty much as long as I stay on top of servicing I shouldn't have a problem. No problems to report of yet 9 months into ownership and not a niggle. My Clio on the other hand I was less than a month into ownership when all the problems began. It was downhill from there.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I've not heard any horror stories so far of 10 year old Astras going to pot. I was told horror stories of Clios but chose to ignore them.

Maybe because no car of such age exists in your generation of Astra. Are you really dumb or just messing with us all?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Iliked it on Sunday when I saw it other than the tow strap. The colour of the badges is really nice too!

Thanks Matthew. Would you say pictures don't do it justice? Does it make it look more gash than it actually does I'm just curious as to how people think when they saw it in the flesh as opposed to online?

04BGFF182CLIORS
If I were your detailing mate, id refuse to touch it again after you took it to the polish car wash!

Tow strap would maybe be acceptable on a track inspired VXR, not a 1.4.

1.2 16v
Looks fantastic mate. Driving around debadged chromed up astra's are always catching my eyes. Always liked them, I don't really understand what people have against them but everyone has their own tastes I guess!

I've been toying with getting a mk3 Clio diesel or a Astra diesel of this model tbh!

How's the drive been since you got it? Any neat little toys in it?

Please could you post some pics of it's interior? How much it costs to run and it's look is all that matters to me tbh, speed's a none factor... Hense my 1.2 Clio haha.

Looks great so far mate, keep up the good work!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
There is often a divide on opinion between sport owners and non sport owners in these sorts of threads lol.

​dem stereotypes