ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My attempt at an arty photo...

Partner's Astra SRi
Saw a nice sunset and thought I'd go for an arty photo.....not quite worked...

DSCN0569.jpg

I have a Nikon Coolpix 7600 which is my fiance's old camera and I haven't quite worked out how to use it properly yet.

I really want to get into photography but have no idea about it really. I keep my eye out in this photography forum for hints and tips.

Was wondering if someone could photoshop my photo above to make it look a bit better and to show me what I could achieve...?? Pretty please?? :)

B

Brown.

little tip for starting out...... Show us the world through your eyes, not a spin on some one elses view..... i still take piccies with an only olympus, with a mouldy lens.........................

HWScan0000100002.jpg

i use digital but only for ease, i only ever use photoshop to remove sensor dirt or if am bored......so dont get overwhelmed by HDR technique or the pixel peepers, long as it looks good to you....IMO your first image is an excellent capture of what you saw.... Boarders do help but in this instance its not needed....and when you think a picture will look crap, or if its a dull day switch to black and white, will excentuate texture ;)

1.jpg

You could have achived the photoshopped version of your image, in camera via the Daylight/ Night time/ shadow/ cloudy/ artifical light settings......... for instance the indoor light setting would have given you a warmer pic.....stay away from the 'auto' setting.

Last edited by a moderator: