ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Audi A3

I've not checked yet mate but yeah you'd be up on me now. I have a RR print out showing 268bhp so I'm guessing it's around that. Although I've been reading the K03 on these will flow 280.

Thanks mate. I'm actually really enjoying it. It's a lovely car to drive day to day. Just not like the QS on a blast.

That's bloody good. Presume no more due to the K03? That's still mk1 S3 territory, just heavier.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That's bloody good. Presume no more due to the K03? That's still mk1 S3 territory, just heavier.

Yep. Well, some claim 290. Apparently it's not to be confused with the K03 which is on the 1.8T which I always presumed was the same turbo tbh. It does boost lovely from low down.

I'm not even sure what what these weigh? Has to be a fair whack..

Yep. Well, some claim 290. Apparently it's not to be confused with the K03 which is on the 1.8T which I always presumed was the same turbo tbh. It does boost lovely from low down.

I'm not even sure what what these weigh? Has to be a fair whack..

1495 at a guess. More lardy than mine by a touch. If comparing Quattro of course.

I need to get rid. Just can't. Lol.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
06F 129 101F

Part number for oe pcv or you could go with a pcv delete

Thanks mate. Is the cam follower part of the HPFP? I know someone with one they took off their K1 which had done less than 20k. Might just buy that and chuck it on?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Never been a fan of A3's.

Honestly liked your TT more, however it looks tidy, hope you're happy with it.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah its simple to do following the guide same as diverter and pcv

Ah yeah I get that matey but as I say, I know someone with a full pump which has done less than 20k. So if I buy this -

14914852835_f541e891c9.png
$_57 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

Is the cam an internal part of this? I.E. I could just buy this and fit it rather than messing around?

Never been a fan of A3's.

Honestly liked your TT more, however it looks tidy, hope you're happy with it.

I'd prefer the TT but as I've explained it's a good compromise. I couldn't even give me old man a lift in the TT and it was getting annoying. I'd have another one day.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
No point in buying a pump unless its uprated internals that end with spring on sits in the follower but inside engine

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
No point in buying a pump unless its uprated internals that end with spring on sits in the follower but inside engine

Ah I'm with you. Cheers again mate.

One other thing, some of these cars are advertised as special editions. Any ideas which and the difference? lol

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Its the spec

SE - non sline which i have
SLINE
S3

S3 isn't a spec, it's a model.

There's SE (Poverty Spec), Sport and S Line (Best Spec). Then there's the Special Edition's on top of each of these which is the SE, Sport or S Line spec with a few more bits, or so I believe.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
S3 isn't a spec, it's a model.

There's SE (Poverty Spec), Sport and S Line (Best Spec). Then there's the Special Edition's on top of each of these which is the SE, Sport or S Line spec with a few more bits, or so I believe.

Ah I see. Thanks for confirming. What are options on a S line? Mines got things like xenons, auto lights, auto wipers, heated seats etc. The only thing, no bose but it's better than my TT which had Bose strangely enough.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Yeah i know it isnt a spec as such but you get things on a s3 above the others ie bumpers , brakes , interior

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Yeah i have a sportback so upto the 8V shape i can switch over im looking at a s3 one to tidy it up

Look on audi-sport.net tlots of upgrades you can do

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Ah I see. Thanks for confirming. What are options on a S line? Mines got things like xenons, auto lights, auto wipers, heated seats etc. The only thing, no bose but it's better than my TT which had Bose strangely enough.

Xenons, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack (auto lights/wipers), Armrest and MFSW were all options. Generously specced by someone!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Xenons, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack (auto lights/wipers), Armrest and MFSW were all options. Generously specced by someone!

Awesome. That's what I like to hear! :) I take it my auto dimming rear view mirror is part of the comfort pack?

Welcome home lights is a cool feature too.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Awesome. That's what I like to hear! :) I take it my auto dimming rear view mirror is part of the comfort pack?

Yeah it is and pretty sure the see you home lights are part of that too.

Fiesta ST-3
Nice Tom!

I picked up a 3.2 sportback a few weeks back to replace the 182... Really loving the refinement! Also know what you mean about the stereo, it's superb!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Looking good mate i like it :approve: Rare with the quattro too good spec . CH-r 19s in silver would be a good choice for the wheels ;)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

Yep, majority of the bits you've got were optional extras so someone had a bit of cash when they were buying it new from the stealers. Either that or they've been retrofitted by someone.

I retrofitted CH and LH lights on my A3, really good for winter when it gets dark early.

Personally I think 19's on 3dr's look too big, on a Sportback yes but not on a 3dr. I'd go with 18's - better looks, better ride, cheaper tyres etc.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice Tom!

I picked up a 3.2 sportback a few weeks back to replace the 182... Really loving the refinement! Also know what you mean about the stereo, it's superb!

Love 3.2's and I love sportbacks. Together = Awesome! :D Yeah the stereo is booming. God knows what Bose it like. Mind you, you can pick the Bose setup for £100 on ebay.

Looking good mate i like it :approve: Rare with the quattro too good spec . CH-r 19s in silver would be a good choice for the wheels ;)

Thanks mate. CH-R's look fantastic. Silly expensive though. :(

CK's are great too

s3bbcch2gt3%5B1%5D.jpg2..jpg

A3_BBS.jpg

I've got the S3 lower diffuser on my daily A3 too. Makes a big difference to the rear end.

I read it's easy to do. Any pics of yours?

Last edited:
  RS4
I didn't do it personally as it was on the car before I got it. It seems as though its straight swap.
I will get pics up tomorrow.
Sounds like you have the Audi double Din Symphony system? That's an upgrade from the basic sound system

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
06D 109 300 C is the cam follower
N910 896 01 is bolts you need 3
WHT 005 184 is o-ring seal

I paid £38 for the above and £36 for 06F 145 710G diverter valve from audi

Changed the cam follower last night. Was visually worn but not like some pics ive seen of others. Christ, it's like a different car! So much more power higher in the rev range. And lower for that matter. Even sounds different!

Going to do the PCV asap. Also, do you know what plugs are best for these?