ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My automobiles since leaving renault ownership!

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Been a while since I've been on here but thought a wee update was in order!

Sold the 182 in october as moved out to the back of beyond and it's rather different replacement was this...

Upwego.jpg

Atinlaws1.jpg

Turned out it wasn't for me (even after purchasing some drug dealer wheels)

Therefore, recently replaced (2 weeks ago) with this...

atthedealers1.jpg

atthedealers2.jpg

paint.jpg

A bit of a change but loving it so far!! Recaros are fantastic!

Not really pushed it too far yet but already the handling FAR exceeds the 182!

Cheers,

David

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Cheers,

Such a big improvement on the original looks wise!

Handling etc improved over original too which is nice. Uses less oil than the original thanks to some modifications.

Random noise it makes but quite like it now I'm used to it!

Cheers,

Dave

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Certainly is...sit nice and low down.

Surprisingly comfy given that I'm 6' 4"!

Always wanted a coupe but a lot of them out there just don't have enough head/leg room. When I realised I could fit into the new rx8 that was pretty much the decision made lol

CX-7,westfield,ix20
hahaha...

wondered how long it'd be before someone asked that.

22mpg from first two tanks. Pretty mixed driving town/A and B road steady and not so steady!

Bearing in mind I'm not exactly light footed I'm fairly happy with that.

Not as bad as people make out as the likes of a focus St can't be much better than that surely?

Cheers,

Dave

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Its looks lovely in white.

EVO are running one at the moment as a fleet car and the mpg is worse than the evo 10 360 they have,

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Cheers guys!

Bought the truck to be sensible etc...just not me though.

The day someone randomly called me a 'Wankel' for driving it that was its fate sealed!

^see what I did there lol

It's nice to be able to enjoy driving again!

Get's a lot more attention on the road than I was expecting to!

CX-7,westfield,ix20
is that the 14th anniversary btw?

am I rite its the only one they do in white . . .

No its the new R3.

The 40th anniversery one is the last of the old shape.

Significantly cheaper but just fell in lowv with the looks etc of the R3.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Its looks lovely in white.

EVO are running one at the moment as a fleet car and the mpg is worse than the evo 10 360 they have,

Really??!

That's not so good! I can imagine that a higher % of town driving would cause the Rx8's mpg to take a nose dive right enough.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
thought it looked like it had a bit of a face lift. Apologies for not being clued up on jap motors

Think the 40th anniversery one has the same wheels in silver - may be wrong though.

Zippo - need to get some proper pics taken. The ones above were just on my phone. Hopefully get the chance to give it a bit of a clean and get some pics taken this weekend - living in the country sucks when tryin to keep a car clean!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's the first time i've seen the new shape!
Stunning mate. Pearl white is looking really good.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Car's now run in so had some fun on the way home.

The weight distribution really comes to light when nipping on a bit - awesome!

MCS R56
Lovely RX but I couldn't be bothered with the mpg. I just don't get that engine at all. What was the motivation behind the 4x4, other than the Aberdeen weather?!

CX-7,westfield,ix20
To be honest...it was pretty much the other halfs choice. Thought I'd cope with the sensibleness but just bored me! Got the wheels to see if that made me any happier with it but to be honest I just felt like a w**ker driving it with the wheels on!

Weather was the main reason but the way I see it...

Why have a car that's suited to the 5% of the time we have snow when I could have a car that's suited to the 95% of the time we dont.

In the mazdas defence the Mpg's not really any worse than its main rival in my eyes...the 350z

MCS R56
To be honest...it was pretty much the other halfs choice. Thought I'd cope with the sensibleness but just bored me! Got the wheels to see if that made me any happier with it but to be honest I just felt like a w**ker driving it with the wheels on!

Weather was the main reason but the way I see it...

Why have a car that's suited to the 5% of the time we have snow when I could have a car that's suited to the 95% of the time we dont.

In the mazdas defence the Mpg's not really any worse than its main rival in my eyes...the 350z

Good choice on the change. Agree with the mpg comment but at least you are getting a nice big V6 with tons of torque and a good bit power for the mpg. Not so in the Mazda. Mazda looks better imo.

I hope you manage to find your car when it snows!

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Good choice on the change. Agree with the mpg comment but at least you are getting a nice big V6 with tons of torque and a good bit power for the mpg. Not so in the Mazda. Mazda looks better imo.

I hope you manage to find your car when it snows!

Agree with you about the torque or lack of it with the RX8 vs 350z. Do love 350z's but the fact the mazda has 4 seats puts it leagues ahead of the 350z for me.

Won't be going far in the snow I don't think (even if I do find it lol) Will either use the fiance's fn2 CTR or buy an old skool landy or similar for a laugh:cool:

MCS R56
Agree with you about the torque or lack of it with the RX8 vs 350z. Do love 350z's but the fact the mazda has 4 seats puts it leagues ahead of the 350z for me.

Won't be going far in the snow I don't think (even if I do find it lol) Will either use the fiance's fn2 CTR or buy an old skool landy or similar for a laugh:cool:

Landy-do it!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Excellent choice sir!
Rs4 seats mmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That rx8 is nice. Just the mpg and issues i've heard with the engine that puts me off them.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
MPG isn't the best no...

Engine uses a bit of oil but then so do VAG diesels! Other than that there are no real issues with them.

Warranties FTW either way though :approve: