ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My BG 182 - First wash, clay, wax & sealant

BG 182
The weather conditions were perfect for a good ol' detailing session, so after 3/4 hours, and sore hands and arms my BG is looking something like this!

I still need some new plates, thinking 3/4 on the front. People keep suggesting the 197RS badge, but I can only find them for £40 odd, which seems a bit steep!

Thoughts?

OxKPnpH.jpg

7JdSBWI.jpg

PQi7hGv.jpg

BG 182
That's a nice looking 182!

What was your detailing process/products?

Thanks, I'm aware there are lots of products out there, but I'm on a bit of a budget currently so went with autoglym from halfrauds

Rinse,
2 bucket method with micro fibre mitt,
rinse,
claybar all over,
rinse,
chamois,
autoglym super resin polish, left to cure for 20 minutes,
electric buffed off,
autoglym extra gloss protection, left for 45
electric buffed off,
then micro fibre cloth to remove any dried residues,
rain-x, chamois on the glass
microfibre glass.

I need to restore my headlights, anyone local to me done it and fancy giving me a hand?

Car looks great!

The above post is good advice and defiantly worthwhile.

Maybe pick up some metal polish aswell and give your exhaust tips a polish.

BG 182
chamois needs to be binned and best to get some iron x and tar remover before claying from what i have read..

I used mainly a squeegee to remove the majority of the water,

Car looks great!

The above post is good advice and defiantly worthwhile.

Maybe pick up some metal polish aswell and give your exhaust tips a polish.

Yeah, I thought that once I'd finished

I'd advise against letting SRP cure

how long for would you say? I followed the instructions on the bottle and left it for 20-30 minutes before buffing off.

BG 182
Definitely chuck the chamois! Drying towel all the way, easier as well.

Car looks great though!

To be fair, what I failed to mention, is I used several microfibre towels through the process, got a job lot of them from wilkos. I used a combination of both the chamois and the microfibre cloth.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thanks, I'm aware there are lots of products out there, but I'm on a bit of a budget currently so went with autoglym from halfrauds

Rinse,
2 bucket method with micro fibre mitt,
rinse,
claybar all over,
rinse,
chamois,
autoglym super resin polish, left to cure for 20 minutes,
electric buffed off,
autoglym extra gloss protection, left for 45
electric buffed off,
then micro fibre cloth to remove any dried residues,
rain-x, chamois on the glass
microfibre glass.

I need to restore my headlights, anyone local to me done it and fancy giving me a hand?

Geeek! :p looks good for it though. I refuse to take more than 2-3 hours cleaning my car, how long does all that take you!?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
how long for would you say? I followed the instructions on the bottle and left it for 20-30 minutes before buffing off.

It's a polish, so work it until it looks like its had enough, and by the time you've finished the rest of that panel it will be ready to remove. It gets dustier, and more caked on if you leave it longer.