ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black 1.2 16v Dynamique

Arctic 182
Hi all, First proper post from me so thought I would create a little thread about my project!

I bought her in March for the grand sum of £1100! Apart from a small ripple on the boot & needing a good polish it was spot on for what I wanted/needed.

I wasted no time getting bits done!

Mods at present are:

RS Grille
LED sidelights & Ultra White Headlights
Black Front Diamond
Black Rear Diamond with Carbon Surround
Black rear "Clio" Badge
LED interior lights & rear number plate bulb
Smaller aerial

Sony Headunit
Infinity Reference 13cm speakers all round
Twin 12" subs & 1200w amp
Dynamat in bootlid, boot floor & front doors

Future mods I'm thinking of (when money allows) are:
Eibach Sportline Springs
Refurb/spray alloys in white (as I want to keep it standard but looking different)
K-Tec Super Sports Stealth Exhaust
Spray door strips & bullets in black

Thats pretty much it I think!
Any suggestions/opinions/comments welcomed :)

Cheers,

Chris

Attachments

• photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 119
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 116
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 128
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 120
Welcome, looks tidy, plans sounds good, I miss my 1.2! Yours lowered on standard alloys will look nice, I think mine did, white wouldn't be my choice but up to you of course.

Arctic 182
Thanks mate, appreciate it! I was thinking of white as I thought it would go well with the black! Plus I saw a black clio on here with white wheels (172's though) & loved it! Which colour would you recommend? Or just refurbed? I think once it's lowered it will look a lot better, hopefully the Sportlines will make it look the part!

Yeah the sportlines will lower it a bit, white wheels do look good when clean but its so much effort, If I had a 1.2 again I think Id refurb them in anthracite, the colour the 182 wheels are in, its like a gunmetal grey.

Arctic 182
Yeah I know what you mean, they would look smart & subtle in anthracite. I'd love a set of 172's or 182's but can't justify spending that much!

Arctic 182
Apologies mate only just seen the reply!
Yeah they do look mint in that colour, think its gonna have to be anthracite or gun metal grey for mine. Drop looks nice as well! Can I ask how harsh the ride is on the spax?

Arctic 182
Little update & couple of pics with Silvatecs in!
New headlights are on the cards at some point as I can't stand the haze on them. Plans for the weekend are a good clean & polish. Once I'm rich again at the end of the month the K-Tec exhaust will be on the way!

Chris
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370452820.653807.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370452835.370463.jpg

Arctic 182
I bought some 172 wheels from Nick off here. Got them on today! They definitely change the look of the car. Next plans are Eibach Sportlines with some spacers, should make it look a bit better.

TT QS
Apologies mate only just seen the reply!
Yeah they do look mint in that colour, think its gonna have to be anthracite or gun metal grey for mine. Drop looks nice as well! Can I ask how harsh the ride is on the spax?

I had spax springs and it was very firm is all I'd say. Did give a nice drop though

Arctic 182
I don't want stupid lows, just a good look. Think it's gonna have to be the Sportlines though!
Quick update:
Got some 172 wheels off Nick from here (cheers mate!)
I'm loving how it looks with them on, just needs lowering even more now! I'm also considering spacers now :D
Got a mate with a machine buffer so gonna get it polished right up next week.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371639160.040671.jpg

Arctic 182
Quick pic of how it is with the 172 wheels on.
Really want to colour code my side strips as soon as I get some time off work. Ordered a service kit from a mate so will be doing that soon. Not a lot else really! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372956883.635439.jpg

Arctic 182
Haven't updated this thread for a while as I've not done too much. Been reading the detailing section quite a lot & bought some decent bits to give it a good clean. SRP, c2 & DJ wax to name a few. I also sprayed my side strips black recently & it looks much better. I have some osram nightbreakers on order from powerbulbs as the days are getting darker & my eBay special 'white' bulbs are a bit poor. The pics are after using said cleaning products! I'm resisting the urge to do the exhaust & lowering thing (plus anything else) as I want a 182 so bad it's actually annoying me! Hopefully this time next year & I'll be there! One thing I will be doing soon is getting new headlights to clean up the front end. That's all for now! Thanks for reading.
Chris
geguhuhe.jpg
e7e8yguz.jpg
sezuzapu.jpg

Arctic 182
Finally I've bitten the bullet & bought new headlights. I 'probably' could have used the 3m kit & made them a bit better but it was either spend £20 & take a chance it might not work or put the £20 toward new lights which is what I did!

Took me most of the day to do as I lost the right size star key for the bumper screws & the had trouble with the connecting of the wires. I also got rained off twice so was pretty cheesed off. Anyway I got them fitted & sorted & I love the results. The state of the lights always bugged me (looks & low light output) but now what a change!

iPhone 5 pictures & joined in an app.
ame7a2y8.jpg
uza8a2y8.jpg
8y6eby5u.jpg

As said in my previous update I'm struggling to find reasons not to lower it (I REALLY want Sportlines!) & fit a sport interior ETC. I've got it for a while yet so might as well have it how I want it but on the other hand logic says not to spend anymore. As always opinions & comments welcome!

Cheers, Chris.

Edit: Small chip on my badge, I'm unsure wether to keep it black or spray another colour. Thoughts?!

Clio 2002
the projects looking good mate. i prefer the badges left as the standard silver/chrome.

check my thread out if you like mate iv got the exact same car from the same year

let me know what you think, keep it up

Arctic 182
the projects looking good mate. i prefer the badges left as the standard silver/chrome.

check my thread out if you like mate iv got the exact same car from the same year

let me know what you think, keep it up

I was thinking about standard but my back 'Clio' is also black so would have to buy a new one as sprayed chrome would look crap! Had a good read of your thread, your turinis look mint! I'm unsure of lowering or not so will see how yours turns out!

Clio 2002
I was thinking about standard but my back 'Clio' is also black so would have to buy a new one as sprayed chrome would look crap! Had a good read of your thread, your turinis look mint! I'm unsure of lowering or not so will see how yours turns out!

yeah very true see if you can pick one up from one of the guys breaking theirs on here.

iv become unsure about lowering it to be fair, the ride is pretty rough at the moment i dont think i want to make it worse. im really happy with the alloys, may need a little refurb at some point but not essential

Arctic 182
yeah very true see if you can pick one up from one of the guys breaking theirs on here.

iv become unsure about lowering it to be fair, the ride is pretty rough at the moment i dont think i want to make it worse. im really happy with the alloys, may need a little refurb at some point but not essential

Apologies for my late reply, work was mental! If I do lower it I think ill go down the Eibach Sportline route. There cheap (ish), simpler than coilovers although half the drop, but the reviews on here are great! Same with me RE alloys, I'd like mine looking fresh. It's just having the money!

cars looking good mate and having the same ideas about the sportlines! mines looks similar to your wheels etc barring colour. where abouts in kent you from then ?

Arctic 182
Update as I've done a few things.

Gave her a good clean, polish & wax last week. Shame it gets dirty so quick! (iPhone pics)

ha5uquqe.jpg

yjaba8u5.jpg

emede8at.jpg

zupe3ebe.jpg

Had the Scorpion backbox fitted I bought from Billy off here. I know it's a 1.2 & it's slow, pointless & all the rest but I've gotta get it out my system! I enjoy it & It sounds quite nice. It isn't loud & high pitched at all.

I removed my black diamonds front & rear, to replace them for the originals. I also removed the white stickers I had on the back window. Looks a lot cleaner now.

iPhone pics again!
rubade6y.jpg
6u4esezy.jpg

Things to do: Lower on springs & try to get the small dents out the boot lid.

I MIGHT get a sport interior & refurb the wheels but not really necessary & will save me money! Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
  Clio mk3
I have the same problem as I'm a student and don't work at the moment haha! Trying my best to get my car sorted as fast as I can haha

Arctic 182
I have the same problem as I'm a student and don't work at the moment haha! Trying my best to get my car sorted as fast as I can haha

Don't rush it mate! As long as your driving & not waiting for the bus in the morning that's the main thing!