ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black 172 on Schmidt 3piece THs

White 1*2
Hi there, new to the site
last week i bought this 172 on a 02 plate, 71000 thousand on the clock
bought it with the spec... 182 inlet,exhaust manifolds, remapped and i understand its a KTec system however im told otherwise by another guy..... help lol

anyways in the few days of owning it ive added a set of gaz coilovers and my wheels, i'll make a spec list below including my plans!

Engine:
182 inlet/exhaust manifolds
remapped
sports cat
ktec system (coming off)
carbon engine cover which i need to fit

standard interior, i will be adding my 280mm momo team soon as i get a boss kit

exterior:
standard for now..
i have bought some carbon fogs panels, just not fitted yet
i plan to do some subtle smoothing but nothing major
toying with the idea of a carbon bonnet

Chassis
Gaz coilovers
front brace
15x7 and 15x8 Schmidt 3pc TH Lines full polished wiht 165.50.15s all round.

not running on those all the time as the stretch is abit big!
i have some black phase 1s here

comments and advise are very welcome :D
Im new to the Renault scene as i've been a 106 nut for a long time!

4164162504_e5564126fa.jpg

4164168614_086aa01ae5.jpg

Cleaned-UKXmasMeet024.jpg

Cleaned-UKXmasMeet025.jpg

4163407285_6df1249db1.jpg

4163345883_450bc3abee.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If someone sat on my car door, I would punch them in the throat. WTF is all that about??

Welcome to the site, car looks good! :D

White 1*2
cheers guys, wasnt sure how people would react to a euro car on here as i know some sites hate em, well until i saw tommys thread lol

you used to have a quicky didnt you tommy?

i miss the 106 :(

White 1*2
lol i just took a look there, good progress mate, after xmas i'll start my smoothing, im just enjoying driving a none rattle car at the minute unlike the 106 haha

BMW M135i
Thats a magnex oval exhaust by the way, not the most visually appealing thing in the world but I think they sound great!

How come no xenons and washers?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
^^^^front end bump at some point more than likely. A few out there like that. Knew that was a magnex. I had the piper oval on my 172 cup, sounded good.

Never above 25mpg
Love it but that exhaust is hideous. Would love mine to sit on the turbines like that but I just couldn't do it for practicality alone.

ValverInBits
wow. really nice but jesus that exhaust looks nasty.
What is that lowered on? she's down a long way

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
beautiful mate,

hope you dont mind me asking, but could you post up a side on pic, with wheels straight,

im in a constant battle of sill hight vs arch gap,

level sills = huge difference in front and rear arch gap, :(

S23

The Cleee-O
That is sooooo nice mate! Literally it's just...ahhhhh. So gud. Love it. I think I'm in love with your car...sorry :eek:. Make sure you keep updating what you do to it! :D

Odyssey Ph1
Cars looking sweet. Wish I could get mine to sit like that. I know its random but if your thinking of changing that (hidious) exhaust. I put my cat back magnex 6x4 oval on ebay and got £155 for it. Didnt think it was worth anything like that but shows its worth trying to flog it.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Welcome man! Thats frigging LOW! Really nice rims, suit the car to a tea..

Lose that excuse of an exhaust, looks so wrong :L probably sounds awesome though despite how it looks.. :p

White 1*2
thanks alot guys!

ive sold the backbox and ive got a stainless stealth one one the way from a mate over in carlisle. so should be off in the next week or two, does sound really cool though!

yeah the car has had aknock before, i knew when i went to view it, has standard black surround headlights and the bumper needs taking off and aligning properly, tbh the black lights look better with the whoel theme im going for anyway so it doesnt bother me, just gonna fit some hids so it'll be fine,

as for the height.. the coilies have no helpers in and about another 4inchs of thread left, i didnt wanna keep the helpers coz there'll be more travel and i can risk smashing the alloy sump.. which i really dont wanna do lol

as for the pic.... i'll get one sorted buddy, if the garage is free 2moro night it'll be parked in there and powerpolish and anti-swirled then juiced :p so its a great excuse for pics hehe

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
cheers dude,

spent ages messing around with different rear springs to get the sills as level as i can,

but not the rear wheel is in the arch, and front is almost in,

want to know if others look the same.

White 1*2
mine has bigger gap at the rear sill like, doesnt fuss me as i love it that way, rake is the way forward!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
hmm, personal prefrence,

i love level sills,

nose down looks too 'power house' for me,
seeing as im repping the 1.2 lol.

White 1*2
hahah just tell people its got a big heavy lump hiding in there lol

yeah no worries mate i'll be sure to get a pic side on, i think my mate has one from the weekend so i'll post it up soon as i have it

White 1*2
yeah aluco its going very soon! just got some carbon goodies to go on so it'll be looking sweet in no time!