ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My black Clio mk1 (update now with 16v front!)

Well i've been after all the 16v body parts for a while now, i bought a pair of valver wings off winston about a month back but they were'nt black.
So i was intending on getting them sprayed aswell as lookjing fro a 16v front bumper and bonnet...whilst doing my daily ebay search i came across the whole bloody lot! all painted black, 16v front and rear, bonnet and wings!!!
I collected them today and only paid £170! :D

Only trouble is there are a few dings on the bonnet (only light) and odd scuff on the wings...oh and i'll have to fix the bumper on more securely, whoever removed the bleeder has cut most of the mount's off! christ!

Here are a couple of before and after, rubbish pic quality it was quite dark...

before
beforesmallsm5.jpg

after
frontsmallzs6.jpg

frontsidesmlhp4.jpg

I'll get some nice shots once i've cleaned and polished it, love it :)

I was going to get a full 16v front cos i love the look from dead on. It looks really mean and bulky, but and a big but from any other angle i hate the way the ways sit so far in the arch. I prefer wheels to fill an arch and the only decent way with Clio's is a will wide track.

But it still looks cool

I was going to get a full 16v front cos i love the look from dead on. It looks really mean and bulky, but and a big but from any other angle i hate the way the ways sit so far in the arch. I prefer wheels to fill an arch and the only decent way with Clio's is a will wide track.

But it still looks cool

thats the only thing that is bugging me about the wings, is that the wheels look like they are too far in, ummm what about some 10mm spacers?

forget that then. i'm a happy chap anyways, looks lovely from my window :D

next up...

- MOT
- phase II grille and strips
- decat pipe (on its way)
- colour coding
- new rear left arch and paint
- light tints all round
- 16v/willy engine

Last edited:
New Daylight Pic!

NEW DAYLIGHT PIC!

1301124743_l.jpg

Looks so much better now :)

bonnet vent and scuttle panel will be painted this weekend and 16v rear bumper also along with a good polish!

corsa c exclusiv
got any pictures or the rear as thinking of getting the rear bumper, my clio is black like yours, thanks

YOu might have some issue with a rear bumper, the 16v rear arches are wider than a non 16v so the bumper is wider too. YOu could probs fill the gaps with spacers but it might look a bit pinched when done ?

Dope!!!!!

no front plate is a nice touch ;)

haha! just fitted the plate now ;)

i'm not sure whether to fit the rear as you say it may look a bit odd :/ see how busy i am this weekend.

Been wanting it to look like this for ages now :D

should i keep the sidestrips or swap them for phase 2? i think the ph.2 strips are a little overpowering, they're slightly bigger, but then they're smoother...

I took the front bumper off, there are 4 or 5 along the top under the bonnet, one on the sill and a screw, and one inside the actual wing, oh and theres one or 2 behind where the bumper was, quite easy to remove and fit mate.

At first i thought the wheels were too big for the car, but i really like them now and think they suit it because being black they dont look too 'in your face' :)

V

valver pete

I like it. been toying with the black wheels idea for mine but havent seen many examples to make up my mind. nice work.

corsa c exclusiv
are the front wings a lot more fat opposed to the old ones? i know you have pics but they dont seem too clear