ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Blue Clio!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Hey thought i would post a new thread on my phase 1 clio. Bought it for £1230 with 96000on the clock. When i got it home there was no power steering fluid and the engine had leaked everywhere and made a right mess. Also the old timing belt was wrapped around the pulley. So got the old belt removed and got it into college and started work. I flushed the engine and changed the oil and filter also replaced the coolant and filled up with powersteering fluid. Then needed rear exhaust so fitted that but it is leaking fluid (water) from where the cat means the middle pipe. Dont know how to solve that yet. Then also changed the fuel filter and the interior is shot, so i got my replacement interior from an 06 plate clio fitting that tommorow. One speaker in the door on drivers side does not work and the wiring for the headunit is shocking so got to sort that aswell. At the moment just sorting anymore problems that arise as i go. Also have 182 door speakers from my mate that i need to fit, for some reason i have speaker wire down one side of the car only :S need to sort little bits on the body work aswell so have the paint ready. Tell me what you think will get more pictures uploaded tommorow of interior and updates. Want to get some 172 alloys or some Turinis i think, i like the subtle side of things also thinking about stripping the car out and putting buckets in not sure yet if i want a road rocket or pimped out cruiser:D So let me know what you think and any ideas you have.

dsc00077im2.jpg

dsc00078ao2.jpg

dsc00079do5.jpg

dsc00080ug0.jpg

dsc00081io6.jpg

dsc00082ed2.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sounds like you bought a right gem!

If you're handy with a spanner though I suppose its all good.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer i am there is problems but keeps me busy the engine is fine i mean had head and camblet done 10,000 ago so not to many worries there. Any ideas on looks?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It looks like an MTV model. Is it? (Sport lights, but Wheel trims...)

If it was me, i'd deck it on coilovers, fit 172 Exclusive full leathers and put some proper non-renault wheels on it.

Stripping is a bit pants unless its actually used as a track car imo.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer i see what you mean it is an MTV model i will have to get some more pics of the interior seats now they are out they were shocking it has sport lights which i like. And i was thinking about Speedlines maybe sprayed not sure. Would like to lower it on some Blistien coilovers when i have the cash, seein as i just got this new interior wont upgrage to leather for a while.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
sounds like u got rite ripped off, or just real bad luck, hope u get it sorted

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer i did a bit when i bought it i didnt no about all the problems, but it gives me something to do and im a level 2 mechanic so i can work on it all the time and its already in much better shaped the engine and gearbox are fine just a few other bits need work.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Yer i did a bit when i bought it i didnt no about all the problems, but it gives me something to do and im a level 2 mechanic so i can work on it all the time and its already in much better shaped the engine and gearbox are fine just a few other bits need work.

will be a good project then mate, take ur time, do everything properly and u will have a lil gem.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer thats what im hoping for i want to go for the subtle sleeper look, so anyone with a trained eye would be able to notice the little differences NO BODY KITS

172 & RSi
Looks like a good base mate, reminds me of my old one :)

I'll throw a few pics up for inspiration, but PM me if theres anythin you wanna know..

03072008387.jpg

03072008406.jpg

Front end
13072008441.jpg

Rear end
13072008447.jpg

Superleggeras in anthracite
29072008464.jpg

Exclusive interior
07082008484.jpg

On 172 wheels just before it went (to my Gf lol)
07082008487.jpg

Theres tons of pics if you trawl through my old threads.

Mods were:

16" OZ Superleggera's
Lowered 60mm
BMC induction kit
Cat back exhaust
Fully colour coded
172 Spoiler
172 Ph2 Rear bumper
Ph2 rear lights
Ph2 side strips
Megane splitter
Alpine headunit and amp & sub
Clear side repeaters & silvervisions
Shorter ariel
www.ClioSport.net stickers
Private plate

First thing I would to though is lower it, then get some wheels. Completely changes the car imo.

Good luck with it and I'll keep my eye on this thread lol.

Cheers

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
get it looking like the pic above mate, n your laughin! looks well good! i'd get it decked 1st then go from there! nice wee base bud!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Thats a nice looking car love it, ill aim to get mine like that. Got a little update for you all today. When to scrappy and got Phase 2 rear lights mate wired them up for me also managed to get a RN badge even though mines an MTV lol better then nothing there. Also finished fitting my new interior and and debadged the sides so no MTV stickers anymore. Took of the mirrors and having them sprayed. Also going to colour code the bumpers, enjoy.

dsc00083mk5.jpg

dsc00084wj5.jpg

dsc00085cy5.jpg

dsc00086xg4.jpg

dsc00087hq9.jpg

dsc00088gl0.jpg

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
can i ask why you took pictures of my ass without my consent? lol lot of hard work today! and arnt you glad you braught them ph2 lights after i told you to.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer i am happy with the lights lol i will get her to the meet when she is done no peaking yet!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer not even had it a wk LMAO got it on sunday have put in lot of time and work with the help of a few people like Yasser lol spent like 300 on it already rekon need to spend another 1k :|

RB 197 fatty
Yeah spent a fair bit on it. Loved it to bits though and ended up giving it to my girlfriend as I don't wanna see it go haha

...thats not the person to give it to if you dont wanna see it go mate!!! :rasp:

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Small update here but first Normy i will be coming with Yasser to the MK meet :D But in his car untill i get mine sorted. Well i got the mirrors off and they are being sprayed now i also got the door moldings off but i cant get the little 1.2 lettering off, any ideas? Tried heating it but its strong. Will be getting the bumpers off tommorow ready for paint. The colour code is 432 which is Monaco blue i think:S Anyways Pics:
dsc00093lk8.jpg

dsc00094he1.jpg

Also had a couple of the clips missing need to try and get some of those.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I have had one of the mirrors sprayed in the monaco blue colour but i dont think the colour matches i cant tell untill tommorow when i put it on the car as i am at my mates at the mo. But does anyone know the colour of my car im pretty sure the paint code is MV 432 and that is supposed to be Monaco blue.
dsc00096ai8.jpg

dsc00095gc3.jpg

dsc00097lx0.jpg

Any ideas???

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer my mistake but still i dont know the colour name I have two choices Monaco Blue or someother blue Methyl or something and i cant buy that from anywhere, so totally fu*ked at the moment.

R.I.P Clio
Nice mate!!
Sounds like you gots a lot of problems tho!
I got mine end of Jan for £600, and after a Renault 25 point check, and full service, all ive got is a bit of door damage! Bargain!
Have you checked to see if your bonnet clip needs replacing?!
I jus took mine in to Renault and asked! and they replaced it an did a 25 point check for free!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
startin to take shape fella,

1 thing tho, watch those seats, their a nightmare if you get stains in them,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ hope so :)

when i had those seats, had water leakin from the sunroof, the seats looked disgusting, as if some1 had piss on the seats lol,

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yer when i first bought them they had a couple staines but they came right out which is good cant complain got the whole interior for £35 LMAO so thats good, but paint is driving me mad atm.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well i decided to get the car professionaly colour coded, with the front and rear bumpers and the door strips and mirrors. After some time i managed to get the bumpers off with my mate, hopefully they will go back on. Got pictures of the bumpers off will have more pictures tommorow when its all back on.
dsc00113u.jpg

dsc00118pef.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Okay small update got the bumpers colour coded and all the bits back fitted the mirrors and door mouldings cant do the bumpers until later when my friend can help will have pictures of it complete soon.
dsc00121d.jpg

dsc00122fer.jpg

dsc00123l.jpg

dsc00124c.jpg

dsc00125f.jpg

dsc00126b.jpg

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
keep it up mate. Thing with modding older cars is you feel that your doing loads of work but nothing to really show it becuase most of its repairs. Its looking great though, very clean!