ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My boosted 197 build thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 turbo 'cup'
no not what so ever, been spot on! cant fault it, really happy with it :D
and great shout be a good meet!

It would be i've never even been to a meet yet, glad you've had no problem's bet you've had some fun since it was finished

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
7d614161.jpg4a776187.jpg31e27a9f.jpg293271df.jpg852da145.jpg022b9107.jpga33963ae.jpgcff72701.jpg18740c01.jpgPicture 1184.jpg2282674c.jpg

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
iv only been to hand full like, going to try attend lots this year though,
and endless fun dude shocked a few people too :p bye bye mk2 fous RS

and id recommend this conversion to any 197 owner, its just what the 197 needs!

172 turbo 'cup'

i'll be going to a couple this year, it's good fun when you shock people had a few laugh's

Albi blue 197
Craig's sticking John dougalls dyson on mine on Tuesday too kris !!! More boosted eh! Lmaooo

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Glad too c all going well mate u will have to bring back round once mapped be different car , I'll get your box done before then too

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Yeah all running/driving perfect as I said you couldn't of done a better job I'm well impressed!
And regarding the box I'm just waiting/saving for an r26 box, selling the new 197 one, so no rush now cheers!, is it just the r26 drive shafts, flywheel and clutch I'll need too? Or anything else?

Once again huge thanks!!

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Ha oh I do have a little update!
R26 box purchased I always said id try LSD
Brand New clutch purchased
Brand new linkages purchases
flywheel purchased
Mapping next week Courtesy of Paul :D!

Oh it's all go!!

320d
Out of interest how much is the f4rt conversion on 197's? Is it cheaper than just turboing the stnadard engine?

Great car by the way. Must be a riot to drive.

Out of interest how much is the f4rt conversion on 197's? Is it cheaper than just turboing the stnadard engine?

Great car by the way. Must be a riot to drive.

Just depends how much you could get 2nd hand engine for really, you can still use the 197 box & shafts & get somebody to do the wiring like Paul at RSTuning or Owen who did kris's. Or you can go the whole hog & get all the Megane running gear.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Ha! Oh it will be an epic return journey back:)!, and cheers for comments prople:) will get some good vids when it's fully complete ! Hopefully within news few weeks:)!!!! Really am ecstatic about fitting the box and mapping !,And yeah it's a fun car to drive don't want to put It away on a night sometimes lol!,
And I'd say the megane conversion would work out cheaper, as you would end up having to lower the compression of the 197 engine £££ to do it properly!!, and go after market ecu, yep you should of kept the meggy ha! I missed The boost as soon as mine went!

Focus RS MK2,

HAHA AWESOME! i've got my Racing BLue 197 in for its conversion its running friday gets collected early next week... can not wait! and i have just sold my 400BHP ultimate Green MK2 RS and lots of my mates have them, so im hoping i can give them a run for their money...!

Looks mint mate! :)

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Haha! You won't be disappointed buddy! You'll love it! Just endles fun! Oh you will have a few unhappy RS owners I bet! :)
cheers dude!

Focus RS MK2,
Haha! You won't be disappointed buddy! You'll love it! Just endles fun! Oh you will have a few unhappy RS owners I bet! :)
cheers dude!

Damn I want it now!!!!! Haha cheers mate can't wait, u planning on any track days etc...? Yeah hope I do beat them on 1/4 mile at least my mates Rs is 430bhp but only ran a 13.6 at best! Can't get power down so fingers crossed...

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
I'd say quarter mile you will (but will be close) because as youll know the RS will love the straight!,but on a track guaranteed too destroy him!, mine isn't even set up properly yet and I haven't got the LSD fitted yet (what makes it worse is it's just sat downstairs ready to go in!!) and believe me you can put it through some corners! Just about balancing throttle and planting it on the exit! Great fun to drive yes it's fast but you feel 100% in control at all times and is so predictable , can't wait to get the diff in though will be something else!, one thing I'd advise is some good tyres ! I'm running yoko semi slicks and conti sport contact 3s which seem to be awesome!
and regarding track days , yeah I'm going to try get some track time at the French car show, then was thinking a day at croft (my local track)

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
I seriously couldn't be bothered with the hassle

Turbo Northeast FTW!

Hassle what hassle ;)[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]

Damn I want it now!!!!! Haha cheers mate can't wait, u planning on any track days etc...? Yeah hope I do beat them on 1/4 mile at least my mates Rs is 430bhp but only ran a 13.6 at best! Can't get power down so fingers crossed...

I kno it's not 1/4 mile but my SC172 did a 5.2 0-60 & a lad with a 420bhp mk2 RS had a good few tries & was getting 5.6 with his fancy diff so it's defo bye bye focus lol.

2more sleeps till mapping kris lad [/FONT]:clap: I think I'm more excited than you.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Weyy finally in and back running! Bit of chew with neutral sensor but all spot on!
Haha I know Craig I can't actually wait :)!!! Diff n mapping in the same week who'd of thought !, oh I'm one happy guy!
Ps big thanks to Craig Owen kork n thirkell ! It's been a tricky one cheers lads!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Nice work kris, get that cage bought off my mate, will really finish this monster off :)

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
I'm going to let him know,:) is a nice cage like! And Paul did a great job
just over 300ft pounds and 270 bhp not bad for stage one:)!
so well chuffed drives amazing !

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I bet it does mate, let me know if you come up for the cage, wouldnt mind a quick blast out in it

Status
Not open for further replies.