ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My brakes have come and they are wrong

Blue Clio 182
When billy went for his service wayyyy before xmas, they said he needed new brake pads, they were guna charge me stupid money so i said i'd get them done myself coz i wanted greenstuff ones, anyway I asked them what calipers was on mine and Dixons informed me they were bosch, anyways ordered the brakes which took over 2 weeks to come, picked them up on Saturday, went to my boyfriends so he could fit them for me and they are the wrong ones, turns out they arnt bosch calipers after all So now i'm stuck with some pads that dont fit and will have to wait another 2 weeks for the right ones to come,

Does anyone know which calipers they will be, I think they are Gerlin?

Last edited:
  Blue Clio 182
you have R5 GTT/clio 16v/clio williams pads

we can get them to you ASAP if needed

Well thing is i have already bought them they are just the wrong ones, I was hoping they would exchange them or if i ask for a refund I will buy some from you,

I have a clio 1.2 16v

How much are they from you?

Lionel Richie
EBC greenstuff part number for the clio 1.2 16V 2001 onwards is DP2959

pads look like this
DP2959.jpg

Lionel Richie
the first image (has 2959 at the bottom) i posted is for 2001 clios onwards (your car)

the second image (the ones they have sent you) are for 1998-2001 clios, which is incorrect obviously for your car!

Blue Clio 182
the first image (has 2959 at the bottom) i posted is for 2001 clios onwards (your car)

the second image (the ones they have sent you) are for 1998-2001 clios, which is incorrect obviously for your car!

Oh that's brill thanks, he never asked me what year my car was, Does it matter what calipers they are? coz they asked me if they were gerlin or bosch?

Lionel Richie
yep, clios 1998-2001 have bosch

2001 onwards have Lucas Girling (the 2959 image)

most car parts places c**k this up!

Blue Clio 182
Oh thankyou so much for your help, hopefully i wll get this sorted one way or another

Do you do these brakes for other cars or just clio's

Clio f7r Trackcar
ive worked on 1998 and 1999 1.2's with lucas girling calipers and pads. pretty obvious difference tho i suppose.