ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 1.2 16v

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
i wana know what induction kit i can get on it? any help would be great :), ill add a pic of the car too.

Attachments

• 00dc_12[1].jpg
    00dc_12[1].jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 249
  Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
thanks mate, its mint inside too, has the bumper splitters front and back and side skirts, and a bigger exhaust, just need to sort out the induction kit :D , but thanks for the comment.

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
yeah would i have to buy the filter then teh relocation kit, is that a engine casing you have on yours? mine is just a big air box i dont want to replace it then have the bare engine showing, would i stil be able to put a casing over it?

Edit: is mine a ph1 or ph2, its an 05 plate?

they took the old air box off and put that round the corner, got it done at r-tec in st-albans. you will have to buy the relo pipe seperatly.

its a ph2,
ph1 have rounder headlights, ph2 have had a face lift.

J03

MX5 1.8
lol its a ph2, which is facelifted one

nice i love it similar to mine i guess in some ways, i have an K&N induction kit, it came with the car when i bought it. btw what skirts are those? look nice i want some :)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
yeah would i have to buy the filter then teh relocation kit, is that a engine casing you have on yours? mine is just a big air box i dont want to replace it then have the bare engine showing, would i stil be able to put a casing over it?

yours is a ph3.

J03

MX5 1.8

shouldnt this be in ALL clios anyway? cors i can put a casing on it

heres a pic of my lil 1.2

i think i need a relocation pipe aswel

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
lol so its a ph2 then, and dont know what skirts they came with the car, but they look good with the splitters so i like it :), and what relo pipe would be best suited for this then, the one on k-tec? thanks for comments peeps.

J03

MX5 1.8
lol so its a ph2 then, and dont know what skirts they came with the car, but they look good with the splitters so i like it :), and what relo pipe would be best suited for this then, the one on k-tec? thanks for comments peeps.

yeah the ones sold by k-tec are good, but u can get more bargain from somewhere els besides ther, have a look on ebay or something

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
cheers mate il check, you one looks nice mate i see you have the pipe there too, to feed the cold air towards it :)

J03

MX5 1.8
yeah but need the relocation pipe to direct the filter away from the engine, otherwise it wud jus be warm

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
i cant find none on ebay, just one not sure if its for my car either :S , on k-tec they have 2 the second one down says for the newer engines, would mine fall into that cataglorie then? thanks for your help mate, did you get good performance gain from your induction kit?

J03

MX5 1.8
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1429 you want something like that or similar

hmm i dint actually feel any different cuz i bought the car that way lol so i dont know, it should feel i tiny weeny bit faster.. and sound gruntier, on k-tec website, click on clio 2, and then engines. all your stuff should be in there mate! the relo pipe is jus a stainless steel pipe that directs the filter away from the engine.

all your needs should be here

http://www.k-tecracing.com/catalogue.asp?App=Clio 2&Category=Engine

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
yeah ok i will get that one then, that one comes with a choice of filters too, any difference between the 3? they are..stainless steel mesh, cotton gauze or carbon shielded? :) thanks mate for your help.

Edit, in the picture of that on the k-tec site, what is that little pink filter looking fing ontop of the relo pipe?

J03

MX5 1.8
yeah ok i will get that one then, that one comes with a choice of filters too, any difference between the 3? they are..stainless steel mesh, cotton gauze or carbon shielded? :) thanks mate for your help.

you want a sealed filter, so that air can flow directly through, however i think there are better ones such as this one, am considering this one, but K&N and PIPERCROSS are the induction kits to go for my friend!

the pipercross
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1093

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
do induction kits make any diference to a 1.2, ive heard alot of users on here say that its a wast of money doing any engine mods to a 1.2 as nomatter how much you spend it does nto make much of a difference..

for those who have them does it make any difference in real life appart from increase insurance?

fabia vrs
do induction kits make any diference to a 1.2, ive heard alot of users on here say that its a wast of money doing any engine mods to a 1.2 as nomatter how much you spend it does nto make much of a difference..

for those who have them does it make any difference in real life appart from increase insurance?

Ive got a pippercross on mine and love the sound !!! would not have said it went any faster but seemed to run and pick up better !!! (IMO ;) )

J03

MX5 1.8

i dunt know about clio's, but before i was a corsa fanatic and wanted a corsa, i been on the corsa forum alot, over there, their cars (1.2 SXI) can achieve upto 100bhp easily with the right tuning equipment, such as induction kit with vectra C airfilter, replaced panel filters, stainless steel exhaust, nothing major to the engine but can achieve very good results, i dont know about clio's though, on this forum not many people mod ther 1.2s like they do on the corsa forum

Fiesta Zetec S
maxogen ITG's were top last time i checked flowed my the bmc carbon box

in weight and performance

on ph3 most of the time a pannel filter gives better results but less noise , its personal choise

Clio 1.2 16v
I did have a green filter on my 1.2 all it did was slightly improve throttle response and sound better, however this was the bodge job of the year, looked w**k lol. Iv now taken it off and sold it to a friend for £10 and now im going to get the pipecross induction kit with the cold air feed.

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
the pipercross viper one is very expensive considering it wont give me much of a performence achievment, im just going to get a pipercross air filter and relocation kit, i got 17" on atm and the spare is very heavy, would i be better off getting 16" on it? jamie.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
k-tec relocation kit is shite, i tried loads of different IK's on mine, the relocation kit is too long you loose torque over standard, it runs past the hot radiator which doesnt help matters eather!.

best option and the option i went for after spending about £300 in total in IK's is a £30 pannel filter!!!

biggest wheels to go for on 1.2 16v are 15" with 195/50/15 tyres (or even better 195/45/15 like i had on mine.

at the end of the day you WONT notice any difference by just fitting a filter or IK to your 1.2 apart from the noise, people will tell you they noticed better throttle response etc but dont listen to them, not on a shitty fly by wire setup anyway!

J03

MX5 1.8
yeah the 17s on mine makes turning to friggin hard... i want to change em but i love em lol

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
so the relo kit is not worth it then? i dont want a panel filter becuase i like the sound of the induction kits, one of my mates has put like sspacers inbetween the bolts on his standard airbox so that more air can come in, it does sound alright though. but i want a proper one. just not sure what one to get :S

J03

MX5 1.8
if u want sound just get an backbox.. u cant hardly hear the induction on mine when the backbox is in.. am guessin the relo kit isnt worth it then... i only want the pipe wich is what £50? and yeah am wanting to get some panel filters

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
i got a exhuast already, i have the invoice for my car, the bloke paid £11758 and he got like £3000 worth of extras in that, inc body kit and fitting the boddy kit, sport exhaust, cool pack, and others :) .. i just want a good induction kit lol.

J03

MX5 1.8
WHAAAT!!! £11758! for CLIO! omg.. oh right then lol...wel ye best of getting a good closed filter K&N induction kit or the PIPERCROSS VIPER kit

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
its a 16v mate :), with the pipercross vipor some people on here have said they dont perform very well on there 1.2's? does anyone have any feedback on this item? jamie.

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
oh and by the way i looked at y exhuast just now its a sebring, k-tec sell them, its not loud or anything, any1 else got one of these, oh and feal free to tell me if there Shi'T'e lol.

Shed.

in all honesty ? A little bit at the top end of the revs. I had one in but then i decided it was better standard, the noise it makes was good, but then your going past everyone and theyre laughing at you because its slow as s**t.

You notice a difference at low revs , itll be slower, and the top end of the rev counter where till rev ever so slightly faster.

Personally. I wouldnt bother, there isnt going to be much difference anyways, and as everyone will say, its still a 1.2 at the end of the day.

Clio Dynamique 1.2 2005
oh ok mate, my friend just rang me and asked if i want to buy a clio sport back bumper and the twin exhaust, i presume he meens the 182.. how hard would it be to put these on my car? and how much do you reckon i should pay, there second hand? thanks.

J03

MX5 1.8
duno look on the parts for sale section i think some one is selling it there. might give you a rougd indication as to how much u wanna pay..