ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio 1.2

53 Clio's & counting
I also think the grilles being black would look really nice

Car is coming along great mind, I quite like the blue wheels, go well with the white paint! :)

Now you have new wheels what's gonna happen to the roof?

Think it might look a little odd being blue (unless you're doing a few little things blue as well)

If not, black would look good. It'd help hide the sunroof as well ;)

clio 1.2
20130412_104256_zpsa299fbe0.jpg

the answer to the blue roof... The callipers will be going blue as well and going to put renault badges on my centre caps for the deep dish in blue and paint the centres of the wheels white and keep the chrome edge! not sure about the front grills cause nothing else is really black? so could look out of place...

Really needs a black RS grille and lower grille tbh.

thats just what I said Dan ;)

kinda p*ssed that he has got his bumper done before I got mine tbh lol but happy at how well it is going to look (minus the little vent)

Ryan how long did it take for you to do the front bumper yourself? and did you only use filler?

clio 1.2
If im honest i don't even know what an rs grill is haha!
It took me a while to do the bumper but that's because i took my time i could have had it done in a couple of days! i should have used fibre glass first but i did just use filler!

Here is some morrow pictures :)...

20130503_110256_zpsf32ab347.jpg

20130505_231326_zps89d5a929.jpg

20130505_182936_zps42af7937.jpg

20130505_183024_zpsf169a7a9.jpg

clio 1.2
Aye that's what ave been doing taking my inspiration off fast and furious haha! i like it if you don't that's fine! im not to keen on through steering wheel anymore either tbh!

I didn't know where to put the number plate that's why i done it but the bumper is getting repainted and i will be putting it lower so its just over the grill!

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
This has the potential to look so much nicer at the front that it currently does ...listen to everyone else on the grills!

​I like the rear though :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
I think the 172 rear bumpers need skirts on the side to make them look more at home!

other than that, it look superb from the back, front is getting massively let down by the jap plate and white grills imo!

Twingo Dynamique
Just to put another idea out there.... how about antracite??? :S could look good with the white and blue??

Just to put another idea out there.... how about antracite??? :S could look good with the white and blue??

He's have to be careful that it didn't just look like primer though. Would need a good few coats of laquer to get a nice deep gloss.

Monaco 172
Front ruins it imo, rear end looks great. Its just those front grills. Get an RS one preferably any other colour than white lol

i'll just dive into the thread an say that this is coming along very nice, except for a couple of thing but is your car, and i'm a fan of the RS grill, so there you go, a very quick photoshop of the two grills compared, and a bonus of the complete grill from a front view.
there's absolutely no way of this looking weird, even with the full white/blue combo.

eilj+

CxDG+

P.S. you do need to find a proper place for the plate tho//

Well, Im probs gonna get laughed at, but personally I prefer the white grills, makes the car look more unique.

I just like being different though, love the way its turing out from the earlier photos though.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
made me want to definitely go for a ph3 smoothed bumper now when i get my car back from repairs :( Grrr looks awesome this car! Personally id have the blue wheels over the chrome deep dish ones. But its your car not mine and im sure it will turn out good in the end!

Twingo Dynamique
when you folks start talking ph3..... explain. i know ph1, with the old headlights, ph2, same as most, and ph4, the campus, my understanding was that for some reason ph3 didnt exist and renault were just a bit odd!? :S or when i say ph4 being campus, do i mean the campus facelift? (05-07 i believe)