ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 1.4, project or not hmmm............?

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
So ive recently brought my clio 1.4 RT Mk 2 phase 1 earlier this year, the chap i brought it off had already put 17's on it and exhaust system(not sure exactly what it is though), everything else was standard. This is my first car so wasnt planning on getting carried away but since i found out about cliosport and joined (I will subscribe as a club member soon aswell), it has gave me ideas. I started having various problems with it, like wheel bearings, exhaust mounts, needed new tyres, then had it tracked, also got it serviced, now i think there may be problem with aux belt. I dont no whether its cus its just my first car and the reality of having a car and the cost has hit me, but i got to the point of considering selling it and buying something else, but i keep chopping and changing my mind, whether to keep and do it up ( i think there is potential) or sell it and buy something else??

Anyways these were the things i was thinking of doing, suggestions are very welcomed thanks.

Mods:
  • De-Badge
  • New headlights as current ones arent very clear, was thinking of putting in some 172 headlights, with silver visions
  • Colour Code All Trims
  • Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2 in black 15's or 16's??? really like these but would love if someone could photoshop some on when i upload car pics.
  • Lowered, Whats best to use though??
  • Front and back speakers (Best Make???)
  • Spray Drums Black
  • Spray Calipers Red
  • Front fogs???
  • New exhaust system, eventually.
  • Induction kit (Best one for a renault??)
  • Clear Side Repeaters
  • Laguna front splitter??
  • Aero Wipers
  • Bee Sting Aerial
Any suggestions/Advice would be greatful.

2011-08-19181125.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-08-19181048.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-08-19181110.jpg
[/IMG]

2011-07-07134230.jpg
[/IMG]

New Mats, Love these!!!

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
I refer back to my previous comment in the other thread that you made.

Lose exhaust, wheels and colour code and slam it.

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
Loose the exhaust for a standard one or something abit more stylish? i do like how this one sounds though lol.
Do you think the team dynamics that i mentioned would look good and then slam it with a colour code. Or can u recommend some others?

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
Since these pics, i have put a fresh new plate on the back, looks loads better, the difference it makes ay.

Jap Box
Looks like a pretty good base to start with :)

Plans sound good, also thought of getting a spoiler from a 172 or a dynamique then colour coding that too?

As said above, id sell the alloys as their horrible :( but someone will pay a decent amount on ebay for them which you should be able to get a good set with :) the exhaust looks asif its sitting at an angle to me too :S might look better just being straight out, or slightly risen into the bumper?

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
Looks like a pretty good base to start with :)

Plans sound good, also thought of getting a spoiler from a 172 or a dynamique then colour coding that too?

As said above, id sell the alloys as their horrible :( but someone will pay a decent amount on ebay for them which you should be able to get a good set with :) the exhaust looks asif its sitting at an angle to me too :S might look better just being straight out, or slightly risen into the bumper?

Thanks kerry.

No never though of getting spoiler, would have to see what it would look like first.

Yeah i was never fully impressed by the alloys, as i think 17s are too big, would look better with 15's or 16's then slam it.

Never really noticed that to be honest, doesnt look that bad in real life, maybe its the pic lol. Or just the diy job the last bloke i brought it off done lol.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Look on eBay for a dynamique spoiler and get it sprayed if it already isn't.

I got one on eBay for 40quid, looks well too.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Get yourself some of the 14 inch wheels that came with the Si and S models of the Ph1 or the RSi wheels. They look ten million times better than the ones you have.

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
Nice one, cheers mate.

That is deffo something i am going to look at changing now (Thanks Kerry, logie(for pics) )

Do they change over easily enuff?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Very easy to change it over. Few screens at the top of the boot lid, pull out the light socket and washer, re-fit them to the new one. 5 mins job at max.

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
Does it matter what year dynamique i get it off aslong as its a mk2, it will be off a phase 2 wont it?

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Personally, I wouldn't bother wasting any more money on "modz" - just spend the money on keeping it road legal, whilst saving for something better. Don't devalue the thing any more.

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
nice colour :approve: id keep the exhaust, the alloys aren't that bad, seen worse. Id keep the project cheap. Maybe just straighten the exhaust somehow on its mounts as it looks a bit wonky. Get some 40mm springs and put them on standard shockers, spray the side strips yourself, dewiper the rear , spray the badges and it'll be looking decent.

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
Well the most expensive thing would be the wheels, induction kit and new exhaust system. So they will probly stay now unless I can find some bargain wheels. Then do the other stuff first.
now I no they may not be to some peoples liking but if anyone is willing to photoshop some team dynamic pro race 1.2 in black on to my car so I can make my mind up cus love the wheels just not sure whether to get them or not, will be much appreciated as ive nt gt photoshop and ent very good at it anyways lol.