ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172

Well as some of you know, I picked the Clio up from High Wycombe on Wednesday for £5,500. It's a 2001/51 model with the Cup Turini wheels. It only has 30k miles and has a full service history. The car is in superb condition inside and out and I am very happy with it

This is the only chance I've had to clean it inside and out as well as to take some pics...

070706NearSideFront-vi.jpg

070706NearSideRear-vi.jpg

070706OffSideFront-vi.jpg

070706OffSideRear-vi.jpg

070706Front-vi.jpg

070706Rear-vi.jpg

070706Interior-vi.jpg

070706Interior2-vi.jpg

070706Interior3-vi.jpg

070706Badge3-vi.jpg

070706Badge4-vi.jpg

070706Badge6-vi.jpg

070706Cill-vi.jpg

070706Wheel3-vi.jpg

And the most important things of all...

070706Sticker2-vi.jpg

070706Sticker-vi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  S-Max
That really is mine, I first read the price and age and thought you paid quite alot but when looking at it thats a nice car. Enjoy!

Apart from the grubby 2.0 16V badges ;) it looks very tidy - enjoy.

I know. Couldn't quite get them that clean. May have to get some more :(

That really is mine, I first read the price and age and thought you paid quite alot but when looking at it thats a nice car. Enjoy!

Yours!?!

looks like you got that for a good price. clear side repeaters and 30mm lowering :)

I do think it's a must although I don't want to catch the "modifying bug" :(

looks lush luv. im in high wycombe. did u get it from garage or private?

A private sale. It used to belong to Centurion...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=216349

:)

Audi A3/Clio 200
You better not chav her up!!

Def in need of some clear repeaters was on my to do list

here a pic of her the day i got her. the wheels make such a difference
Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

Leon Cupra 300
Thats tidy as mate, wanna buy a Cup splitter to finish it off? ;) Maybe be a bit of lowering too? :D

You better not chav her up!!

No chance in hell mate!

Thats tidy as mate, wanna buy a Cup splitter to finish it off? ;) Maybe be a bit of lowering too? :D

Oh don't tempt me :p

Looks good, mats look abit old man to me though.

Situation was as follows... the car came with no front mats but had rear mats. I gave Renault a call to see how much a set of Renault Sport mats were. He said they should come with the car. I told him I don't have any front ones (as I wouldn't have called otherwise!!!) to which he replied that they're £200. I was like... hmmm. So what other Clio mats do you have. So that is why I have those ones there. I hope to get some better ones as these are "just about" bearable.

Update...

The modding has started :blush: But only £20 spent on some smoked side repeaters and silvatec bulbs :)

070804SideRepeater-vi.jpg

070804SideRepeater2-vi.jpg

Next on the agenda... anthracite rims (like the Trophy's) :)

Mk4 .:R32
I was gonna suggest getting the wheels refurbed in anthracite (same as the trophy wheels) saw a silver 182 last night with them and it looked well good. carbon splitter and lower it 30mm to :)

Update...

Oh it's been a while and what a MAJOR update this is... NOT!!!

Whilst driving to Rally Day on Sunday morning, two mates of mine commented on my floppy aerial while driving along at "respectable" speeds on the M4 :) So I got home Sunday night and ordered a new one...

070925Aerial-vi.jpg

Yes, it's from E-bay and comes with a black, blue AND red tip :p However, I'll only be using the black one and I've already put it on the car. Looks sooo much better now.

Oh and btw, it set me back a whole £6. So to date... I've spent a whole £26 on Clio 172 modifications :)

Well the car needed a good clean and so I did it on Sunday. However, today was the first time I've driven it as I didn't need it over the Xmas period so thought I'd take a few updated pics, which show the beesting aerial :D

071227NearSideFront-vi.jpg

071227NearSideRear-vi.jpg

071227OffSideFront-vi.jpg

071227OffSideRear-vi.jpg

071227Side-vi.jpg

071227NearSideRear2-vi.jpg

071227OffSideFront2-vi.jpg

Next on the agenda is a front splitter and anthracite wheels :)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Looks really well mate :) Those wheels, IMHO, are the *only* option for any 1*2 - in anthracite or silver :)

Dan

Update...

I bought a Cup splitter from somebody on here from Wales, which a friend very kindly picked up for me :)

I was going to fit it tomorrow but had some spare time today so fitted it, gave the car a quick clean and took some more pics...

080209NearSideFront-vi.jpg

080209NearSideRear-vi.jpg

080209OffSideFront-vi.jpg

080209OffSideRear-vi.jpg

080209Front-vi.jpg

080209Splitter-vi.jpg

Next on the list is to have the Turini's done anthracite. I hope to have them done by April, but we'll see :)

Update...

This is not a "new modification" but "clean" update :p

Due to the poor weather we had, the car was in a filthy state. On Wednesday, I had to go out and clean the wheels and windows as the bugs had taken a slight liking to the car. Anyway, as the weather was nice today and after my mate had been round, I decided to spend a bit of time cleaning it. I then took the car to a nice location not far from here and took some pics...

080510NearSideFront-vi.jpg

080510NearSideRear-vi.jpg

080510OffSideFront-vi.jpg

080510OffSideRear-vi.jpg

08051001-vi.jpg

Any my favourite one of them all...

08051002-vi.jpg

And with a little improvisation...

080510022-vi.jpg

:)

As soon as I took these pics and left the church, the heavens opened and that was that :(

Update...

I'm sure I once said that I'll never modify the Clio. Oh well, sh*t happens :D

On Saturday (5th July), I'm going to be having some subtle de-cals put on the car.

This afternoon, I ordered some 30mm Eibach Pro Line/Kit lowering springs.

I've spoken to Mike at Rentech about doing the lowering. He gave me a very reasonable price and I "hope" to have it done on the 12th July although he said from the 14th.

Next plans are to find a decent company to refurb my wheels and have them sprayed anthracite :)

I hope to have this all done before the Ring trip in August :)

And then... that'll be it... for now :D