ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio cup just arrived to Lithuania

clio cup 172
Hi everyone

After some research i decide to buy one.

Here she is:

clio5.JPGclio4.JPGclio10.JPGclio2.JPG

Nothing special almost stock except noname induction kit.
It has no mot or tax - back box missing, few stone chips on bonnet, but engine ang gearbox runing 100%
This car is faster than i thought. :)

Plans for future - swap from rhd to lhd. :)

Wouldnt it have been better to try an import one from france if you wanted LHD? I cant imagine a conversion would be cheap.

clio cup 172
Thanks for your posts.

Spoonie - import one from France would be much more expensive. Here in Lithuania i can buy swap for about 250gbp, - will swap by my self so wouldn't cost anything.

Kane - dash board, steering rack, front lights, mirrors, few interior parts, etc.. will write later waht exactly included. By the way - firewall will stay the same.

clio cup 172
Thing done till now:

RHD to LHD (later will make guide if someone will be interested)

New cup subframe (old one was damaged)
New wishbones (redrilled to more caster)
New OEM wishbones bushings
Polybushed dogbone mount
New ball joints
New tierods + tierods ends
EPAS (custom alternator bracket)
New cambelt + auxbelt
Apex -40mm
Ferodo brake fluid
Fuchs 5w40 engine oil + gearbox oil
Big radiator (dci)

Probably i forgot few things :)

Looks nice, glad your happy with it! What are your future plans? Is it just for road use?

Steering wheels on the wrong side!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Interesting, is that a straight swap in then, and how do you control the ecu for it, do you have any form of adjustment for it?

(like previously I used a corsa b one, and had a dial to allow me to alter the amount of assist)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
On my corsa where I used a similar controller, I still had to run the original power steering ECU as well, do you do that on this one or does it talk directly to the column and motor?

Is the motor on the column itself, or on the rack? any pictures of it?

clio cup 172
Yes this controller needs oem steering ecu - and the motor is on column. Will do foto later. I'm not realy happy to use EPAS - in future i hope to find clio 172/182 hidraulic rack (it's not so easy here :) ) - and use it whit kangoo electric/hidraulic motor.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You might surprise yourself with how much you like the electric setup once you can adjust its firmness, I used to really like my adjustable Corsa one, you could have it featherlight for manoeuvring and then on track you could have it set really firm so you got lots of feel for what the car was doing.