ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio died :(

Civic Type -R FN2
i just went past silverstone and i noticed my revs just dropped so i pulled into a lay by and that was it, no bang no nothing, it was running fine and now it wont start. It tries but wont. When i try start it i get a pop souind coming from the exhaust. Its wierd cause it was so random and was running fine... any ideas?

Civic Type -R FN2
[/quote] sorry mate ;) couldnt resist, happened to me once, the rac man just took the pi$$ tho:dapprove:[/quote]

heh i didnt have cover £275 to bring it home......

not a fun day

S2000
Chances are you will need to replace the all the valves, so you might as well fitting either another engine, or another cylinder head from a clio being broken as it might work out cheaper in the long run. Nest bet is to get some prices from garages.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
yup, sounds like the cambelt has snapped, cost me 500ish when it went on my 1.2 and that was an 8v engine!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
could be worse mate, worse things happen at sea.

just had my cambelt slip 6 teeth, amazingly ive suffered no dammage except a new belt and tensioner kit!

just look in the engine bay and look on the end of your engine block. You will see a rubber belt - you will soon be able to tell if it has snapped - just pull it and see what happens. If this is the case then it aint the end of the world - dont be scared to get your hands dirty and try and nfix it yourself - its really not THAT hard

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
to check your spark plugs and ht leads, just go buy some more, your looking at around £40. does it do like a lound popping noise ? mine did this thought it was the exhaust, but a spark plug had come completelty out and was laying smashed up on the engine with the ht lead all burnt up, but my car still drove though, unless it your ignition coil thing. couldn't see it though cos i got a sports, and it was under the air manifold thingie me bobbie,

Civic Type -R FN2
when i look closely there is a gap that i can see lots of teeth through where i think the cam belt is supposed to be :(

CB600FS
Get a photo of what you can see mate.

Does the start sound like its spinning really quickly - like a fast RC car?

Even if the belts snapped, its a baby engine, 8v mate, Get a haynes manual :eek: and do it yourself?

Whereabouts are you?