ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio GTT (Question)!!!

Hi all,

My Clio has been transformed from a 140,000 1.8 8v, to a mad-ass GT Turbo running 200bhp, now i have just got my car back and need to know-is the fuel pump on a clio right near to the fuel tank? As at high boost (22psi) it is not fueling properly!!!!!! 0-60 6secs!!!!!!!! Lovin it!!!!!!!

P.S. Sorry for the obvious delusion in my message i am just happy it is done, (and it wasnt cheap, any1 out there considering it- go for it, however do what i didnt do and buy a written off 5 as well)

FAO Tim Rud: Hey mate- get it bloody done!!!!!

The fuel pump for the clio is INSIDE the fuel tank. (Well it is in the 1.4 and the 16v so I am pretty sure it is on the 1.8 spi too.) It is operated by the ECU which you have obviously got rid of, so when you had the conversion done they should have done something to prevent constant operation of the pump. (Probably by fitting an intertia shutt off device)

Best bet is to contact whoever did the conversion and speak to them.

Out of interest who did it, how long did it take them and how much did it cost?

Lionel Richie

My mates 5 had the same problem (turned out the fuel pump was knackered) he replaced it for a high flow performance jobbie, and it bloody flies now!!!!!

FRST and 106 GTi

What pressure can make the RT fuel pump? the valver one does 2.5bar... 1bar=14.8PSI +-

Fair few older cars were fitted with fuel pump relays that only turn the pump on when the ignition coil is firing.

Bit safer than an inertia switch.