ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio mini project

2000 1.4
Not really a project, just changing a few little things, have some quite alot so far....

005.jpg

First thing I needed to do was lower it

P181208_1438.jpg

Next came the 172 wheels, picked them up for £124 from ebay, bargain!!!

P181208_1348.jpg

P191208_192701.jpg

2000 1.4
I've just finishing refurbing the 172's, photo's will be uploaded asap. also just bought an exhaust for it and getting the bumpers etc colour coded. any other ideas of suggestions?!

2000 1.4
Here's some pics of the wheel refurb

CIMG0045.jpg

CIMG0035.jpg

And the Angels
CIMG0021.jpg

and what it looks like at the moment
P270109_1443.jpg

CIMG0070.jpg

and here's what arrived today! :D

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Nicechoice of wheel colour ;), get the rest of the car colour coded & it should look pretty smart, would have done the 172 dual optics over the angel eyes though

172 & RSi
I really like that!

What colour did you refurb the wheels?

Would look better with smoked repeaters though, and mine needs clear.

Wanna swap? ;)

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
think your wheels were a bargin.. got the same wheels with tyres £50!! and yours looks like mine apart from headlights, wheel colour, and my grey bits of trim are black, and mines also a X-reg without a sunroof

2000 1.4
I just got the paint out of halfords, it's Vauxhall moonshine or something! Originally I wanted black, but glad I opted for this.

YA55ER, post a few pics of your car here, I fancy comparing! lol

looks good, 172 wheels looks really nice on it! thought about doing the bump strips gloss black, would look good with the engel eyes and dark wheels

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
just posted some mate, and im thinking of getin my wheels gloss black or the same colour as yours cant decide though...

RB 182 Cup
looking really smart that mate :) But my mum would have kicked my arse off if i put my exhuast on the kitchen counter :(

2000 1.4
looking really smart that mate :) But my mum would have kicked my arse off if i put my exhuast on the kitchen counter :(

Haha, luckily she was out, got it in the garage now, hopefully get someone to stick that on tomorrow as I'm pretty useless! I do like the look of YA55ER's bumpers sprayed gloss black, but think I'm just gonna stick to colour coding mines. I'm away to take off all the centre caps off my wheels too, think they look nicer without tbh!

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
how much is your car lowerd by mate? need to lower mine but not sure how much to do it

2000 1.4
how much is your car lowerd by mate? need to lower mine but not sure how much to do it

I lowered mines 60mm, the Clio's are so high as standard, my mates got a 1997 Civic and his was so much lower than mines standard. Get GMAX springs off ebay, can't go wrong with them! :D

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
i know someone on here called "davers" or something selling some 60mm lowering springs but cant get on the for sale section as my mate told me about them, want to try and get them off him duno where abouts he is though

Yozza'd Titanium 182
you seem good with the paint spraying, why not have a bash at colour codeing the door handles and bumpstrips?

2000 1.4
you seem good with the paint spraying, why not have a bash at colour codeing the door handles and bumpstrips?

Nah, I'll leave that to the pro's, my dad's mate owns a bodyshop in Dundee so I get really reasonable rates there.

I really fancied having a go at re-trimming the interior though, hate my bluey patterns that are all over the place! looking for some PH1 172 seats, but theyre pretty hard to find, usually only the PH2 ones that are on ebay etc.

Was also going to put a 172 engine in here, but that's gonna cost a fortune, so just gonna buy a 172 in the summer one I've saved up some funds!

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Haha, saw you yesterday mate! Let you out the carpark on Queen Street, nice motor you got! Loving the wheels.

You gonna put ph2 rear lights on it?

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
loveing the wheels epic colour for thet colour of car :D

jamie

and £124 on ebay, what a find PM next time you see some so cheap i want some lol, im turning into a wheel ***** and i am sick of my F1's already lol

looks really nice. come a long way :D

id do ur rear hub black tho, nothing worse than showing off u dont have rear discs lol

2000 1.4
Haha, saw you yesterday mate! Let you out the carpark on Queen Street, nice motor you got! Loving the wheels.

You gonna put ph2 rear lights on it?

Cheers for that! I bought ph2 rear lights, but all the wiring was different and when I hooked them up really strange things happened, my hazards came on everytime I breaked, so just sold them again and back to the normal lights lol.

2000 1.4
Right, going to get a few pics up tonight when I get my car back (exhausts geting fitted on today) gave it a good clean yesterday, was looking amazing! bought a 3/4 plate yesterday and a new aerial, so will be putting them on whenever they arrive. Also getting the bumpers colour coded on the 23rd, so looking forward to that too! not really wanting to do mucy more than that though, as looking to get a ph1 172 in the summer!

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
I lowered mines 60mm, the Clio's are so high as standard, my mates got a 1997 Civic and his was so much lower than mines standard. Get GMAX springs off ebay, can't go wrong with them! :D
mate how does lowering it 60 without new shocks feel? im ready to get some springs after seeing the difference it made on urs mate... looking mint by the way, done anything to the interior?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Cheers for that! I bought ph2 rear lights, but all the wiring was different and when I hooked them up really strange things happened, my hazards came on everytime I breaked, so just sold them again and back to the normal lights lol.

Haha no problem, I always let someone out if they're in a Clio. :approve:

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
Right, going to get a few pics up tonight when I get my car back (exhausts geting fitted on today) gave it a good clean yesterday, was looking amazing! bought a 3/4 plate yesterday and a new aerial, so will be putting them on whenever they arrive. Also getting the bumpers colour coded on the 23rd, so looking forward to that too! not really wanting to do mucy more than that though, as looking to get a ph1 172 in the summer!
you do know that you have to re-wire the ph2 lights theres a guide in the guide section, iv braught some ph2 rear lights should be getting them in a day or two

2000 1.4
you do know that you have to re-wire the ph2 lights theres a guide in the guide section, iv braught some ph2 rear lights should be getting them in a day or two

Yeah, knew straight away that there was wiring involved, but to be honest I couldnt be arsed doing it, dunno why but I kinda like the ph1 lights, might tint them, which I know everyone on here hates, but I love it! :D haha

2000 1.4
mate how does lowering it 60 without new shocks feel? im ready to get some springs after seeing the difference it made on urs mate... looking mint by the way, done anything to the interior?

Erm, it's a bit bumpy to be honest, new shocks on the way probably! haha. Really wish I could get that back lower, it still seems to be sky high fomr some reason! Nah not really done anything to the interior yet, apart from a new gear knob and some speakers, also fitted the plasma dials but think theyre coming out! really fancy wiring the clock and other bits so they shine blue instead of orange, orange is my least favourite colour, plus it looks pretty fun to change them over!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
loveing the wheels epic colour for thet colour of car :D

jamie

and £124 on ebay, what a find PM next time you see some so cheap i want some lol, im turning into a wheel ***** and i am sick of my F1's already lol
Swap???????????

2000 1.4
Looks good mate, reminds me of my old shed !

Not seen you round dundee though !

Yeah, well I've been driving in it since August 07, to be honest I haven't really seen anyone off here driving about either! :s

only ever see this chavved up thing driving near sainsburys lol