ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio mk1 upto now

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
Fibre glassing etc etc (no particular order)

07952c19.gif

Smoothed the bonnet/debadged

d168370b.gif

no more rear seats or belts

c7c790e8.gif

no more seat belts - what is the lining on top of the metal?

50b3e5c1.gif

started flushing out the gaps from the bum stripes... yes i am a novice and the excess fibreglass will be removed, of course :p

0ffaf5fc.gif

spare wheel has been removed - to make way for a centred exhaust

4127b5fc.gif

Oh the pain of that arch :(... I think i might just knock that out, I am buying arches that I will be blending in, so it should be ok... shouldn't it? :(
a8a56106.gif

A before image before it was debadged

First attempt fibre glassing...

Punto/Clio GTT
nice to see people havin a go themselves.

bit of advice, give the whole area your fibreglassing a good ruffing up with P180 or P80, if you fibre glass over shiny paintwork all it does is pull away, it dont blend in, so dont be shy with your sander.

apart from that, keep at it and happy filling! rather you than me doing the bumpstrips lol

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
Going to keep it white - the black bump strips are going too be blended into the bumpers and sprayed as I am keeping it standard - apart from some rear arches and maybe a spoiler (I'll use photoshop too see what spoiler too use though so it doesn't look silly lol)

Rb 182
cool, maybe just a subtle valver or willy one. Made a lot of diffrence on mines but subtle at the same time. Keep us upto date with pics

:)

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
I've sanded and primered the bonnet now looks good (primer is only temp will be getting a respray)

Just wondering... what colour shall I get the alloys refurbed in? not usually a big fan of 5 spoke but these ones seems good so i am going too keep them

Sanded one rear quarter needs a bit of a touch with with fibre glass but it looks pretty good... arm hurts so gonna get my mate round with his belt sander and let him attack it

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
Nice weather - finised one side... (needs a lil touch up with some bodge) sprayed with primer for now... which also reveiled a dent - will sort that out on Saturday...

Here's some eye candy :)

DSCF1826.gif

DSCF1825.gif

DSCF1824.gif

DSCF1823.gif

Last edited:
  "Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
Got Williams front wings, ones green and needs cleaning the other is just primered... they should be on tomorrow - if the weather gets better..

How hard of a job is it too get the rear williams quarters on?

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Anth1234 said:
How hard of a job is it too get the rear williams quarters on?
To my knowledge it's not possible to remove the rear 3/4 panel.

Guess you could use filler for the bulge.

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
Rip3z said:
To my knowledge it's not possible to remove the rear 3/4 panel.

Guess you could use filler for the bulge.

Ah well.. I was thinking about just getting arches but had an idea see if it was possilbe - I'll just go for some arches:)

can fit williams three quarters but last time i checked they were 750 notes each so when i damaged mine fitted a maxi kit. two front wings two rear quarters front rear bumpers and wing all for 650 notes

Civic Vtec y0
Looks good! How hard is the firbeglassing to do? Always wanted to give it a go but then sold my Clio lol!

U getting it lowered?

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
Clio_MK1 said:
Looks good! How hard is the firbeglassing to do? Always wanted to give it a go but then sold my Clio lol!

U getting it lowered?

Tis fairly easy... *ahem* ish...

Yep deffinatly getting it lowered on coilovers...

As usual hartlepool weather is crap... started taking bolts off and the heavens opened. :mad:

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
One wing on... wind was too much and got on my nerves sooooooo................ tomorrow for the other wing :mad: weather!

DSCF1836.gif

DSCF1835.gif

DSCF1834.gif

Clio mk1 1.2
looking good mate, did u remove the whole spare wheel cage if so was it hard coz i wanna get rid of mine and wat model of clio is tha 1.8??

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
It's a 1.4 RT

Ye no more spare wheel/cage.. once you undo it from the boot it will drop down and you take the wheel out... then you get underneath the car and you can see how the moving part of the cage comes off - once you're underneath it's more clear pretty easier, you just bend it one way then it pops out one side then the other side slots out

Got both wings on now - looks nice ;). Now just waiting on the weather too sort the rest of the fibre glass!

Clio mk1 1.2
kool, i have the spare wheel already out so basically i pull the thing out of the boot and it shoudl drop down yeah? do you think i would be able 2 fit front wings from a valver onto a 1.2 mk1 clio and the wing not over hang

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
Ye it willl leave a hole in your boot though, not too big - I haven't filled mine yet... it's off road so not bothered heh

Erm, I'm not sure - I would of thought so, just make another post and ask too make sure... you wouldn't be able too keep the 1.2s inner arches though

Clio mk1 1.2
yeah i know well the plastic arch has come out of near side anyway and i would fibreglass underneath the car over the hole coz the car is havin a fibreglass paintjob done in time

rn club med mk1 1.2
hey its lookin gd any newwer pics tho
how much did u pay for the wings wannting to do the same to my clio and do yo or anyone else no of any gd guildes how to fiberglass on the net if so can u put a link
cheers luke

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
Stopped working on my clio because I was hoping too sell my ibiza too fund the rest of the stuff that I was going to do to it... but

643951078_l.jpg

643950556_l.jpg

But a 14/15 year old drunk kid thought it would of been cool too drive his step dads vectra (52 plate) into the side of my car and drive off - the police caught him because the cars wheel fell off half way down the road... and for what it does look like I did NOT pull out of the junction

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
luke rn club med said:
hey its lookin gd any newwer pics tho
how much did u pay for the wings wannting to do the same to my clio and do yo or anyone else no of any gd guildes how to fiberglass on the net if so can u put a link
cheers luke

I paid £40 for both of them but I got them off a mate who scrapped his clio

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
Timmay said:
drunken kids = tw*ts. Bet the police did hardly anything to him either. Grr

He's on bail for 2 more weeks (a month altogether) till his step dad gets back from the Oil Rigs... then we can proceed...

Policeman who is doing the case said he will be charged with...

Drink driving
Taking without consent
Hit and Run
Dangerous driving/reckless driving (same thing?)

Maybe abh? I got whiplash and lasherasions (spelling?) too my arm

Ah well I ain't claiming on my insurance I am going through the MIB (men in black heh...) so will be months before I receive anything

Ah that sucks mate... hope it all sorts out ok

as for the clio, respect to you for doing it yourself! would definately get it lowered though! looking smart!

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
Ok I have decided too sell this (when the time comes... I'll probably put it up in the For Sale section, unless people PM me and are interested etc..)

Things I am going too have finished before I sell it...

**Door key holes - blended, smoothened, primered (boot is the only keyed entry)
**Passenger side strips - smoothened, primered
**Front williams wings - primered
**XR2 arches may go on but will be primered
**Rear seats and belts - too be put back in
**Exhaust system from cat downwards will be sorted as it’s a bit hanging, will sell with a Savage 3inch (or 3.5) exhaust.

If I can get a respray for cheap I will get it all resprayed white as I don’t think anyone would buy it half primered…

6months tax will go on it as I will be using it till my next car arrives which is when I will sell this... It still has MOT till Aug and I intend too sell it before then.

EDIT: this could be a while yet as I am waiting for my claim too come through before it's sold.

"Nissan" Sunny 1.6 16v
Anth1234 said:
Ok I have decided too sell this (when the time comes... I'll probably put it up in the For Sale section, unless people PM me and are interested etc..)

Things I am going too have finished before I sell it...

**Door key holes - blended, smoothened, primered (boot is the only keyed entry)
**Passenger side strips - smoothened, primered
**Front williams wings - primered
**XR2 arches may go on but will be primered
**Rear seats and belts - too be put back in
**Exhaust system from cat downwards will be sorted as it’s a bit hanging, will sell with a Savage 3inch (or 3.5) exhaust.

If I can get a respray for cheap I will get it all resprayed white as I don’t think anyone would buy it half primered…

6months tax will go on it as I will be using it till my next car arrives which is when I will sell this... It still has MOT till Aug and I intend too sell it before then.

EDIT: this could be a while yet as I am waiting for my claim too come through before it's sold.

Scrap that idea! I am keeping the fecker :D

Update "blog"

Passenger side side stripe is 90% finished, needs a bit more sanding then primer it
Both key holes are smoothened, need primering
Roof strips are filled - still have a few gaps in my filling :eek:
Springs are at my dads garage (when it's taxed it's going straight there!)
Exhaust and lots of pipe at my dads garage (when it's taxed it's going straight there!)

And the best news! It will be on the road Tuesday :D (and when I swapped my insurance over too the clio I got a refund of £90 :D)

I will take some pics later today, or tomorrow :boring:

[Update on the t**t who crashed into me - 6month referral order and a years ban :mad:... and I have too wait 8-10 months for my claim money!!! :dapprove: ]