ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio wants to KILL me

Clio 1.2 16v extreme
Hi all. I have just brought a 1.2 16v, 05 plate clio. It had lost of advisories witch i rectified

new shocks
coil springs
top mounts
track rod ends
breaks all round
tyres
tracking

the car fells better but every bump i hit i feel like I'm driving on ice! Im not sure what i need to check/ change, i feel it in the front and the rear.

i need it to bee 100% as I'm doing 130miles a day in (the bug)

all suggestions and help very welcome

cheers

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Hi all. I have just brought a 1.2 16v, 05 plate clio. It had lost of advisories witch i rectified

new shocks
coil springs
top mounts
track rod ends
breaks all round
tyres
tracking

the car fells better but every bump i hit i feel like I'm driving on ice! Im not sure what i need to check/ change, i feel it in the front and the rear.

i need it to bee 100% as I'm doing 130miles a day in (the bug)

all suggestions and help very welcome

cheers
The fact that it's broken all round doesn't help. But as Dan said, what tyres have you fitted?

Clio 1.2 16v extreme
Avon i believe?

Im not sure its the tyres as on a straight its ok but bumps no matter how big or small and at any speed. The wheels on it are 17" though?

i know its not ideal getting a car with problems, it came with a full 12 months M.O.T so thought id be ok the advisories were for one corner or another but as I'm commuting i thought best to just replace all 4 corners to be safe. I felt this in the car before i replaced all the corners, so as an educational guess it not what ive already replaced?

cheers for the quick response

Clio 1.2 16v extreme
Tbh thats what my plans were to swap them to someone who wants them and to put some standard back on. Would this really be the problem do you think something as simple as changing my wheels?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Tbh thats what my plans were to swap them to someone who wants them and to put some standard back on. Would this really be the problem do you think something as simple as changing my wheels?

It could be .. it could also be massively over inflated tyres. Wrong shocks. Banana shaped crashed car repair.. who knows.

Sell them on ebay and buy some OEM 15s.

Clio 1.2 16v extreme
I hope its not the shocks as i got them brand new through a dealer. I may take it to the garage tomorrow get it on the ramp to see what they say as im stumped