ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio :)

Jap Box
Hi,

Putting deposit down for this tomorrow :)

1.2 16V, Clio MK2 PH1, Grande spec/trim (I think) Done 89,000 miles on a T reg plate.

New brakes all round, new backbox, standard renault alloys, think that's about it really.

Only got pics from the listing as of yet, forgot to take some when I went to see the car, here they are anyway, more will follow :)

Should be picking it up on Wednesday

%21%21sNm,TwCW0%7E$%28KGrHqMH-CUEvh4,6flHBL-tVscG%28%21%7E%7E_12.jpg

%21%21sNmcz%21B20%7E$%28KGrHqQOKk%21EvPnWIPp+BL-t,nPYWw%7E%7E_12.jpg

%21%21sNmdeQB20%7E$%28KGrHqYOKiIEvP%21U%21IcrBL-tb8Nc%28%21%7E%7E_12.jpg

List of things planned out so far:

Clear side repeaters
Replace yellowed front headlights (Possibly angels? Opinions please)
Replace rear lights with PH2 set/smoke currents
Fit HU, Sub, speakers
Find a decent spoiler
Colour code/buff up plastic trims
Lower (if I have the funds)

Any other ideas? Not bad for a first car I don't think :)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
it will be an 8v on a t plate, wheels were from the renault accesories mag

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
the 1.2 16v was introduced in early 2001. Ring ya insurance and tell them its an 8v

Ah you'll never forget your first car :D I remember my 1987 VW Golf CL . . . . it looked awful after I finished sticking bits on it! :eek: I thought back then it was the dogs bits tho lol

Jap Box
Sweet :)

Get rid of the chrome plate surrounds though! :dead:

Yeah, will be doing. Get some pressed plates too while im at it because current ones got some faded flag or something down the side.

ahh mine looked like that wen i first got it!! enjoy it!!

Looks cool but instead of buying angels and audio i'd lower it

Already got all the audio sorted out :)

Im going to see if i can clean the yellow off the lights, if not then id rather buy angels for it.

sel me ur bumpers and boot lid
:D

Ha ha :p They should look nice when I put some bumper shine on them to get the faded black to go away :)

they're off a Ph1 1.2 16v sport. Very similar to the Arbets that used to be on my mk1

Thanks for the info on them :) big kurbed, might get them refurbished eventually.

Ah you'll never forget your first car :D I remember my 1987 VW Golf CL . . . . it looked awful after I finished sticking bits on it! :eek: I thought back then it was the dogs bits tho lol

Indeed I wont :) took me months to find a decent one too, started looking last November!

Looks smart, i'd definately invest in a dynamique / sport spoiler though

Yeah, ill look into a new spoiler for it, shouldn't cost me too much.

Picking it up either Wednesday or Friday, does anyone know when I can get new tax on it and not miss out on a month? Some people are saying Friday and others are saying the 30th, if its the 30th then I won't bother waiting and ill just pick it up Wednesday and tax it :)

Jap Box
Got potentail that.

Look after it mate.

Thanks, yeah I will be.

Can't afford to write it off and have to claim, costing me £1800ish on insurance.

Going to get some quotes soon to see if I can get the small bits of paint touched up above the wheel arch and the drivers door, then see if my bumper shine works decent enough, if not then ill see how much it will be to get them colour coded :)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Looking good, theres a decent guide on headlight correction in the guides section that should have them looking like new again. Will look much better than angel eyes imo.

Also a set of ph2 rear clusters would make a nice difference at the back.

Did you get that mahoosive sub for extra weight to lower the car??? :rasp:

Jap Box
Looking good, theres a decent guide on headlight correction in the guides section that should have them looking like new again. Will look much better than angel eyes imo.

Also a set of ph2 rear clusters would make a nice difference at the back.

Did you get that mahoosive sub for extra weight to lower the car??? :rasp:

Ill have a look into the guide now, but its not just the lights being a foggy white colour, they have a very yellow tint on them too, looked it up and its fron the constant heat, cold, and environment etc they always have battering them.

Ill have a look to see if I can get some clio sport lights for the front as id rather have them anyway.

Yeah, back lights are being changed eventually, not first thing on list though as atleast they are working fine for now :p

Ha ha, bought the sub about 8months ago, had it wired up in the house till now. Had no idea what car it would ever go in.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Replace yellowed front headlights (Possibly angels? Opinions please)

why not replace them with dual optics?? headlights off a higher spec model

Replace rear lights with PH2 set/smoke currents
just get the ph2 set, dont bother smoking them, this forum wont like that much lol

Fit HU, Sub, speakers
please dont cut those 6x9 into the parcel shelf, makes it look so chavy

Find a decent spoiler

colour coded dynamic spoiler, cup one if you want to splash out!

looks like it has potential, similar mods to mine,
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=515245
but as said, grande spec is an 8v

Jap Box
why not replace them with dual optics?? headlights off a higher spec model

just get the ph2 set, dont bother smoking them, this forum wont like that much lol

please dont cut those 6x9 into the parcel shelf, makes it look so chavy

colour coded dynamic spoiler, cup one if you want to splash out!

looks like it has potential, similar mods to mine,
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=515245
but as said, grande spec is an 8v

Ill try get some dual lights, never knew the name for them so I could find them on ebay before.

Also look for some PH2 lights going cheap :) are they just a straight swap?

6x9's will be going in whether people like it or not, bought as present so I have to have them in.

On the look out for a spoiler going cheap, might not get this for while though as im trying to save some money for a little bit.

Bought some FLI5 13cm tri-axials for the front speakers today, not the best I know but I atleast they will be better than standard :)

Also ordered some smoked side repeaters with orange bulbs so they blend in more with the car :) if they look crap then its only £7 so no harm done.

J

jakm15

some ideas here for you pal, got mine when i was 17, 18 now. cars on a w reg 1.2 grande.

done the following.... let me know what you think.. :)

Dual Optic headlights,
6000k HID's,
Removed Sidlights
Dynamique alloys,
40mm lowering springs,
Front fog lights,
Ph2 rear lights,
Dynamique spoiler,
Clear side repeater lenses and sliver bulbs,
Silvervisons,
White number plate light,
Private Plate,
Full Sport Half Leather Interior
Full service and cambelt change.
CD Player and Discreet 6x9's

IMAG0101.gif

IMAG0102.gif

Photo0274.gif

Photo0273.gif

J

jakm15

btw if your headlights have been ruined by the sun etc have a look at my guide i did, works a treat and any headlights and is very cheap to do and easy.

Headlight Guide

Jap Box
Looks nice, if I can get hold of my mate I can get a Dynamique spoiler and PH2 rear clusters off him. Not 100% on what interior he has but I could swap that too if his is in good condition and at the right price ;)

Had look for dual optics but they're around £150 mark so im laying off them until I get a good service done on the car.

Lowering not on the cards currently either as insurance is being a right pain in the ass, been looking at private plates and seen some decent ones for £250 so I will consider one :)

Also on the lookout for some front fogs, where did you manage to get the surrounds to hold them from? All the ones ive seen for sale only include the lights.

btw if your headlights have been ruined by the sun etc have a look at my guide i did, works a treat and any headlights and is very cheap to do and easy.

Headlight Guide

Mines gone past that stage onto a very yellowish tint, I will give it a bash though. Thanks

J

jakm15

ill try and find some stuff for you pal and the fogs, heres what i paid... most of it is off ebay and here off the sales section off the forum.

Dynamique Spoiler £25,
Dual Optics £25 each,
Alloys £300 but you can get them for around £100 now,
springs and lowering £100,
service and cam belt £230,
PH2 lights £30,
6000k HID kit £30,
Clear indicator Lenses and silvervision bulbs £5,
Silvervision bulbs x4 £10,
Front fogs £30,
CD player and 6x9s £90,
Sport Leather interior £150,
Private Plate £280 made up,
Car £1900,
First Years Insurance £1900,
Fun Drivng It £PRICELESS

Jap Box
ill try and find some stuff for you pal and the fogs, heres what i paid... most of it is off ebay and here off the sales section off the forum.

Dynamique Spoiler £25,
Dual Optics £25 each,
Alloys £300 but you can get them for around £100 now,
springs and lowering £100,
service and cam belt £230,
PH2 lights £30,
6000k HID kit £30,
Clear indicator Lenses and silvervision bulbs £5,
Silvervision bulbs x4 £10,
Front fogs £30,
CD player and 6x9s £90,
Sport Leather interior £150,
Private Plate £280 made up,
Car £1900,
First Years Insurance £1900,
Fun Drivng It £PRICELESS

Good prices for most of that :)

Ill try get the Dynamique spoiler and rear lights for £30 if possible, then I think I will have to get it resprayed because mates clio it will be off was blue.

Total costs for me so far is:

Car: £1200
Sub, Headunit, 6x9's, speakers: £250
Side repeaters: £7
Tax:£60
Insurance: £2200 :(

What are the silvervisions? Are they better quality lights or something?

EDIT: Had a look at your interior earlier, not my cup of tea :rasp: my mum used to have that type one in her clio so id be ashamed :eek:

J

jakm15

no if you look at your headlights where the indicator are the lense is clear and you can see the orange bulb, kind of a fried egg look. silvervison bulbs are silver so you cant see the orange-ness and then orange when they light up. ive put them in my clear side repeaters and my Phase 2 lights as they are clear lenses.

look Here

And here

J

jakm15

Good prices for most of that :)
Had a look at your interior earlier, not my cup of tea :rasp: my mum used to have that type one in her clio so id be ashamed :eek:

dont blame you lol, just fitted this to mine this weekend

IMAG0086.gif

Jap Box
no if you look at your headlights where the indicator are the lense is clear and you can see the orange bulb, kind of a fried egg look. silvervison bulbs are silver so you cant see the orange-ness and then orange when they light up. ive put them in my clear side repeaters and my Phase 2 lights as they are clear lenses.

look Here

And here

Thanks, ill get round to buying some headlight indicator ones eventually, think the smoked side repeaters came with silver bulbs, ill see when they arrive though :)

dont blame you lol, just fitted this to mine this weekend

IMAG0086.gif

Nice, got any idea if PH2 seats will fit the PH1? if so then I can get a set of them and then just get door cards re-trimmed.

J

jakm15

Nice, got any idea if PH2 seats will fit the PH1? if so then I can get a set of them and then just get door cards re-trimmed.

ye the seats are a straight swop but you will need PH1 door cards.

Jap Box

Thanks for all that, will be putting bids on the fog lights when I get paid from work :)

Heard mixed things about HID kit, apparently they will make you fail your MOT?

ye the seats are a straight swop but you will need PH1 door cards.

Thanks, yeah ill get my PH1 door cards re-trimmed, same time I get the dash flocked. Will be a long wait :rasp:

J

jakm15

Thanks for all that, will be putting bids on the fog lights when I get paid from work :)

Heard mixed things about HID kit, apparently they will make you fail your MOT?

Thanks, yeah ill get my PH1 door cards re-trimmed, same time I get the dash flocked. Will be a long wait :rasp:

been mot'd twice with them in, you need to have to dual optics because they have projector lenses (the glass eye thing) normal lenses will blind every other fucker, and make sure you get the 6000k kit and you will be fine. a lot of new cars have them in. the dash will look smart flocked.

J

jakm15

loads of fogs on ebay, put a thread in the wanted section you will get them cheap off here.

some here

and here

and here

if you get them i wouldnt bother wiring them up, i had a look and it would be a royal pain in the arse its never foggy and you look like a tosser with them on other wise and you will end up with a £30 fine.

Jap Box
been mot'd twice with them in, you need to have to dual optics because they have projector lenses (the glass eye thing) normal lenses will blind every other f**ker, and make sure you get the 6000k kit and you will be fine. a lot of new cars have them in. the dash will look smart flocked.

Thanks for telling me that :)

What else would I need for the fogs? wiring loom and a stalk control for them?

Is it possible to get electric windows too? Will get sick of the window winder eventually :rasp:

One last thing, my sunroof only pops up and doesn't go backwards, could I get this replaced with one that does maybe? Any ideas :p

J

jakm15

Thanks for telling me that :)

What else would I need for the fogs? wiring loom and a stalk control for them?

Is it possible to get electric windows too? Will get sick of the window winder eventually :rasp:

One last thing, my sunroof only pops up and doesn't go backwards, could I get this replaced with one that does maybe? Any ideas :p

ye you would need the loom and stalk but im not even sure if they will have the wiring in some do some dont, you could wire them from the battery and use a relay and have a switch in the cab but its a lota effort.

ye im sure it is if you go to the scrap yard and find a same year grande and just strip it all out you should be able to do it.

not sure i doubt it and if you could i think it would be a big job, you can take the glass out easy, if you look on the handle when you lift it up there is a little red button, just press that, the handle releses then the glass will lift all the way up and pull out. just pop it in the boot and pop in back in when your done.

Jap Box
ye you would need the loom and stalk but im not even sure if they will have the wiring in some do some dont, you could wire them from the battery and use a relay and have a switch in the cab but its a lota effort.

ye im sure it is if you go to the scrap yard and find a same year grande and just strip it all out you should be able to do it.

not sure i doubt it and if you could i think it would be a big job, you can take the glass out easy, if you look on the handle when you lift it up there is a little red button, just press that, the handle releses then the glass will lift all the way up and pull out. just pop it in the boot and pop in back in when your done.

Thanks, picking up the car either tomorrow or friday, depending on when the insurance gets sorted out so I can get round to taxing it so ill have a look if it has a loom then.

Will need to go to scrappy soon to get a new clock/radio station display anyway as mines been pushed back and the backlights broke, so ill try find one with elec windows on and strip it of that.

Thanks for tip about the sunroof, will come in handy.