ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My collegues Civic Type R -

Honda Civic
seen this chap in fastcar. looks amazing

Why thank you... erm do you mean me or the car? :D.

Well I thought I'd join up to the forum as my colleague Mr Ph-reebone seems to spend more time on here than doing any work (so must be a cool forum).

Anyway thank you for the positive comments. The car has been a long project. I have had it from new bought in 2002. She has now done 136,000 miles. So not bad going.

As far as the wheels go as I said I have ordered a new set. But in defence of the Rotas again they are light and pretty tuff. I could of course have spent uber cash on a set of Volks, Mugen or whatever, and got the appropriate scene points. But with the roads round my way being potholed to frakk, I would have winced everytime I hit one.

She is going into the body shop next week for a complete re spray. It will be subtle and nothing lary, but will look very fresh.

As far as an LSD goes, it just has not been needed for everyday driving, she is set up very well on AST's by Curtis at Powerstation. The coilovers are nice and compliant, yet with very little body roll.

Having said that, I will be fitting one in the near future. Just before she goes in for the stage 2 cams (Skunk2) and the Tracy Sport 70mm Throttle body.

Along with a new RBC Inlet Manifold (I'll port to match the TB) and a re-map, I should see a healthy power increase and a dab of torque.

Plans in the future are also a set of ITB's, though I am mulling this over...

Thanks for looking and new pics to follow.

Honda Civic
Haha, no I used to live in Sarfend (innit) and commuted between there and Oxford, to work on a Skateboarding magazine before I joined Fast Car. Racked up a few miles.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So there is one person in fast car that has taste then.

clio 172 cup
is that midge guy still in the fastcar mag?
the mag is really s**t called fastcar but features 1litre corsas with bodykits nd ice.
your car is nice though pal i would love 1 in the future

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Some nice bits. Interior is quite cool. Wheels are gammon as it the massai exhaust.

Honda Civic
The exhaust, ah yes that. Well I have had a fair few over the years, and this is the best one so far. To be honest it is a 70mm Skunk2 system from the US, and is really to large for stage one tune, and is more suited to F/I or at least a fairly hard tuned N/A. It is on more with future tuning plans.

Having said that though I am a little down on torque at the moment over my last (Buddy Club Spec IV). The car revs a lot more freely at the top end (set at 8450 limit).

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Let me guess, that's what Stoddie had. Rendering anything else, regardless of quality, obselete?

Awesome.

No, Spoon N1. Done. ;)

Oh, and an NSX-R gearknob.

Honda Civic
Spoon to restrictive for my needs fellas, as is the Mugen twin loop, The Mugen is an ok system but you pay waaaay over the odds for what you get, and being I am of average size in the troos department I need a fairly chunky backbox to compensate :D.

Seriously this is my 8th exhaust system, I am also on my 5th induction set up and had the car supercharged and all sorts. It has taken my this long to even start to understand what works well and what does not. And as I am sure you guys know only to well, a good cool 'JDM yo!' name does not mean it is the best system/product for the car you are building.

Hell most of the kit seems to be from the US or Holland. Go figure.

take the ARC box on paper it should not work, but it is by far the best system I have come across barring the superb GruppM. And I would say it is on a par with that.

The wheels as I said I have another set planned, though they will not be to everyones taste.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Let me guess, that's what Stoddie had. Rendering anything else, regardless of quality, obselete?

Awesome.

No, Spoon N1. Done. ;)

Oh, and an NSX-R gearknob.

Knows! Quiet exhaust that doesn't sound like a wasp! Ah yes!

The full spoon N1, b pipe and mani's are about the cheapest w**k on the market. Ticks like hell, shoddy to fit, sounded worse than a RAGE back box.

Disappointed in you son....Disappointed!

Knows! Quiet exhaust that doesn't sound like a wasp! Ah yes!

The full spoon N1, b pipe and mani's are about the cheapest w**k on the market. Ticks like hell, shoddy to fit, sounded worse than a RAGE back box.

Disappointed in you son....Disappointed!

Cheap? Have a word

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
F*ck knows dude. I just ignore him now. lol

If Stoddie's '5 had a Magnex, it'd sh*t all over anything. Spoon included ;)

Clio 172 RS2
I like the O.E.M. CTR but not the 'dress up' tuning style people put into them.
But each to their own...

Like hotting up a Clio RS, you'll end up with fans and haters.

What did he do with the o.e.m. Ti. gearknob?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
How dare you corrent my grammar via txt you little girl!

'battered'

It sounds horible, looks like a pea shooter. My ears were bleeding after an hour. It drones so badly! You need to experience it DC5 youth!

Flame Red Delight
how the f**k do you have such cool mates? none of my mates have sweet rides like yours lol buy your friends off you ;)

Honda Civic
Mind you when all is said and done I guess at 42 years old I should know better anyway.

Oh my OEM gearknob marked a lot with my wedding ring (erm not that I have that problem any more). The Skunk2 gear knob is super heavy, and I mean heavy. I thought it would be a gimmick, but I'll be dammed it really gives a more positive shift.

Honda Civic
Anyway:
I have now fit my gauges. Oil temp and pressure. So far I have just mounted them on the dash. Running the cables through the tray under the headunit. I have another gauge on the way, an Air Fuel ratio metre. When that arrives I will decide if I want to mount them permanently under the headunit, or in a pod on the dash. I did not want to commit to drilling holes in the top of the dash until I made the decision.

The Gauges themselves are ones we had in the mag a few months ago, and I had heard some good things about them. they are proper stepping motors and the action is very slick, and they also have remote switches for peak hold (or u can press the button on the back for recall. I went for white so they would match the OEM look as much as poss.

On the whole really happy with them, great bits of kit, accurate and well made.

y0h23h.jpg

y0h23x.jpg

y0h23k.jpg

Honda Civic
Defi are pretty popular and everything. But I just fancied trying something new. We got a couple into the mag a short while ago and I was impressed with the quality so thought I'd give them a go and so got myself a pair. Glad I did. They are lush.

172 /megane cab
would be my first mod on any v tec a spoon n1 . think the car looks mint just not to sure on the seats i chris u got any vids of one with that air box and a spoon box on

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
f**k knows if it's been mentioned yet... but aren't those harnesses going to hurt if you're in a crash? Should be mounted waaay lower down on a bar than they are IIRC?